Canada vs Uzbekistan Tuesday June 7th (10amET/7amPT). Game thread.

0e24b8a8-3336-47ab-9d80-9f904ed3cc18_50x   vs uzb.png

Date: Tuesday June 7th.
Time: 10am Eastern/7am Pacific
Where to watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadaSoccerTV

Since some Voyageurs are in Ottawa for the #CanWNT game later in the evening, there will be a breakfast viewing party at 10am at
Grace O'Malley's Irish Pub and Restaurant, 1151 Ogilvie Rd http://www.facebook.com/events/1084809204930199/

So, no Borjan, De Jong, De Guzman, Johnson & Hutchinson. (EDIT: & no straith too) What is the 4-1-4-1 lineup?

We need a win before going down to San Pedro Sula so...

image.png

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter what happens, I want to see Ricketts starting. I got Rickets, and the only thing that can cure it is more Ricketts.

Realistically, I would like to see a lineup similar to what IceCreamMan posted, but I would rather see Edgar at CB, Piette at DM and Petrasso in AM. Piette is no good going forward, but I feel he is best suited in a destroyer type of role.

51 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

Larin -- Akindele

Hoilett -- Arfield -- Petrasso

Piette

James -- Vitoria -- Jackovic -- Edgar

I kind of like the look of that but you know Floro almost always just plays a lone striker!

3 hours ago, Vince193 said:

I'm expecting a 2-0 loss. Uzbekistan is a good team and this Canada team that is CB palooza isn't going to create anything going forward.

Wow what a surprise prediction from you, I was sure you were going to predict a 2-0 victory for Canada/Floro! :)

Things I am hoping for this game.

James can back up another stong CB performance for the Can MNT like his performance away in Azteca.

Ouimette plays better and gets a bit of redemption this game with a better performance. Realize MDJ is the usual starter.

Don't mind Edgar in that CDM spot with Hutch out. 

Nice to see Arfield get another run out in that central midfield spot for us again. He set up Tesho for that first goal and is one of our most important assets moving forward.

Glad to see Tesho awarded with back to back starts.  Man of match IMO last game. He is in form, had excellent work rate and the  2 shots he took in the game = 1 cross bar 1 goal.  Deserves the start over petrasso and ricketts, glad he got it.

Quick question:

What's the bench look like from the midfield department? no JDG,WJ both went home right?  Leaves us really only with Straight?  Not trying to be cynical here but unfortunate Bekker wasn't brought in to have another look in the midfield.

Although this does not resemble our top line-up, the exciting thing is comparing it to what we would have had even just a year or so ago.  Considering the guys not here(or gone back to their clubs) the line-up is decent with a couple options still on the bench.   I am still dreaming of a natural RB though. 

4 minutes ago, JDub said:

Although this does not resemble our top line-up, the exciting thing is comparing it to what we would have had even just a year or so ago.  Considering the guys not here(or gone back to their clubs) the line-up is decent with a couple options still on the bench.   I am still dreaming of a natural RB though. 

Yes, definitely nice that we don't have guys like JGL, Mannella, Aparicio etc. filling in for guys anymore.  

Hoping for an improved performance today, we weren't awful Friday but need to cut down the mistakes and build chemistry in the final third.  

We haven't had a real convincing performance under Floro without Hutchinson in the lineup, hopefully that changes today.

Archived