League 1 Ontario 2016--Week 05

I cycled through some old recaps expecting to find it was the League Cup Finals including the one at BMO Field in 2014 (400), or 2015 played at Ontario Soccer Centre when doubled up with the Women's Cup Final too (but 300 for the men).

I'll have to give it to the first ever league game...Friday May 30th, 2014 TFC Academy vs Vaughan Azzurri held at Ontario Soccer Centre with 550.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were larger crowds in cities where a team is 'the only team in town' like Windsor/London/Kingston/Oakville but the GTA  (Toronto) splits the crowds into so many subparts and suburbs that making 100 fans is a good showing. 

9 hours ago, Rocket Robin said:

I cycled through some old recaps expecting to find it was the League Cup Finals including the one at BMO Field in 2014 (400), or 2015 played at Ontario Soccer Centre when doubled up with the Women's Cup Final too (but 300 for the men).

I'll have to give it to the first ever league game...Friday May 30th, 2014 TFC Academy vs Vaughan Azzurri held at Ontario Soccer Centre with 550.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were larger crowds in cities where a team is 'the only team in town' like Windsor/London/Kingston/Oakville but the GTA  (Toronto) splits the crowds into so many subparts and suburbs that making 100 fans is a good showing. 

I've heard good things about London and the crowd at Oakville sounded pretty loud when I watched the tail end of their last livestream, but Kingston's turnout always seems pretty dismal based on the photos I see of their matches.

Had no idea that the debut was so well attended though.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Rocket Robin said:

I went to a friendly with in Windsor vs DCFC and it seemed the home attendance wasn't too bad (not counting the DCFC crowd)  I've been meaning to go but haven't gotten around to it.  Really bummed I had to miss Sigma on Friday.

Archived