Marketing Viewing Parties For Sept. WCQs

Tuscan

Should energy be put towards marketing the individual viewing parties for the Sept. WCQs? The reason I ask this is watching Canada both lose to and essentially get knocked out of WCQ by Honduras is not a good way of creating a positive, fun atmosphere for new people to want to ever come back to watch. This is a pessimistic viewpoint, I know, but we all know that good results encourage people to come back again, and the last thing we need to do is put a bunch of energy towards marketing the viewing parties only for the Nats to shit the bed in Honduras once again.

We should definitely advertise the shit out of the Honduras away watch party, should the ability to actually watch the game occur. If shitting the bed at home vs. Mexico in March didn't deter viewers, I don't think doing the same in Honduras will.

Plus, we finally have big crowds for watch parties in Calgary and some momentum with our watch party location. I want to keep that momentum going.

1 hour ago, Tuscan said:

Should energy be put towards marketing the individual viewing parties for the Sept. WCQs? The reason I ask this is watching Canada both lose to and essentially get knocked out of WCQ by Honduras is not a good way of creating a positive, fun atmosphere for new people to want to ever come back to watch. This is a pessimistic viewpoint, I know, but we all know that good results encourage people to come back again, and the last thing we need to do is put a bunch of energy towards marketing the viewing parties only for the Nats to shit the bed in Honduras once again.

For viewing party in Saskatoon get in touch with .... Saskatoon Saskatchewan Kink  organisation, they maybe interested in the twisting pain and torture of a Canada game in San Pedro Sula.

Geez I didn't consider the Honduras game might be played in the afternoon and not broadcast on TSN. Figured it'd be TSN and Friday evening. I'll have to make sure Sports On Tap has BeIn. I mean, I suppose we'll have to wait until the official announcement about broadcasting for those games is announced.

Also Doug, didn't anyone tell you you're the President of Kink Canada?

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Remember the locations for the viewing parties likely won't be the same for both games in many cases. BeIn will be needed for the Honduras away game. An afternoon game should increase the chances they'll broadcast it live I would think; but as we know, BeIn doesn't give a shit about the Canadian market.

Do we know for sure that the game in Honduras is in the afternoon?  CSA website doesn't have a time. I'll need to take time off work if it is.

19 minutes ago, Rheo said:

Do we know for sure that the game in Honduras is in the afternoon?  CSA website doesn't have a time. I'll need to take time off work if it is.

They are thinking about it .Their coach (Pinto) certainly wants to. http://www.diez.hn/laseleccion/944806-99/emilio-los-que-fueron-al-estadio-vieron-que-la-selecci%C3%B3n-est%C3%A1-para

I've always tried to be honest whenever I've tried to twist someone's arm about coming to a game or viewing party. Simply put, if you love soccer and you love Canada you should be supporting your national teams, but realize that it often leads to heartbreak, usually surrounded by some really good people. 

I think you market the parties for any and all WC qualifiers, if only to get people together and to have people know that YES there are people who support our national team, you aren't alone, you aren't that weird for doing so.

Besides, even if they stink the place up, that has no effect on the temperature of the beer or the quality of the company.

Archived