Jump to content

Summer 2016 Transfers


Ruffian
 Share

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

Guy's gotta eat. I wonder how this will affect how Floro rates him? He's played pretty consistently for Floro. As a cruel irony, his call ups were a large factor in him being dropped, and probably a large factor in him not finding another league 1 (or equivalent) team, and yet his dropping down to a lower level of competition will probably see those call ups get fewer and further between.

i doubt this changes his National team standing. Obviously it's a step down, but there are guys playing at lower levels (or not even playing at all) who have been recently called.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeovil Town would be a disappointing landing spot for Haber, but given that he has only ever been a starting forward on bottom of the table League One sides, perhaps that's the highest level he can reach in Europe. In the end, it would be a contract that pays him in actual dollars, which is a better situation than Ricketts has had recently....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, shermanator said:

Yeovil Town would be a disappointing landing spot for Haber, but given that he has only ever been a starting forward on bottom of the table League One sides, perhaps that's the highest level he can reach in Europe. In the end, it would be a contract that pays him in actual dollars, which is a better situation than Ricketts has had recently....

Yeovil Town did wonders for Josh Wagenaar though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haber to Yeovil seems pretty decent.  For a guy that's never scored more than 10 goals a season, played for a relegated team, misses games due to international dates, and is characterized as slow and sometimes lacking in effort, I'd argue that still having a paying pro career in the UK is a pretty good outcome.

Edited by Marc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have to think that Edgar would be an upgrade on Parker and Kah, and would slot into a starting CB role beside Waston. Parker provides good depth for the games that Waston and Edgar miss due to international duty and Waston getting suspended. Kah is really a liability at this point IMO and has to be done given that he's 36 in July.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What sort of salary would Edgar be making in England, would it be over 300 or 400 thousand? Have to ask because I can't see us paying more than 300 grand for a central defender right now. 

I also agree that Edgar would be positive. Waston is a good stopper and header but very lead footed and does not help us come out effectively, and his discipline has been atrocious. 

Kah has gone from starter to the bench and it is not clear he will continue beyond this year. Both are competent, we had a good defensive year last year so you can't slag them that much, and this year we've been more mentally sloppy than technically deficient.

We have no one else, really, who is ready. 

Mind you, trialling Edgar is a great way to get your other central defenders to wake up and start competiting better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

One would think that Edgar is enough of a well-known, proven commodity that he wouldn't need to go on trial for an MLS club

Agreed. I wonder if it has more to due with his current contract possibly not expiring until late-June or early-July. He may just be "training" until a new contract can take effect (I don't know this - just pondering).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, David C. said:

Agreed. I wonder if it has more to due with his current contract possibly not expiring until late-June or early-July. He may just be "training" until a new contract can take effect (I don't know this - just pondering).

aren't you free to sign a contract with another team within the last 6 months of your current contract? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

What sort of salary would Edgar be making in England, would it be over 300 or 400 thousand? Have to ask because I can't see us paying more than 300 grand for a central defender right now. 

I also agree that Edgar would be positive. Waston is a good stopper and header but very lead footed and does not help us come out effectively, and his discipline has been atrocious. 

Kah has gone from starter to the bench and it is not clear he will continue beyond this year. Both are competent, we had a good defensive year last year so you can't slag them that much, and this year we've been more mentally sloppy than technically deficient.

We have no one else, really, who is ready. 

Mind you, trialling Edgar is a great way to get your other central defenders to wake up and start competiting better.

Average League One salary is around $100,000 US. 

Average Championship salary is $475,000 US. 

 

He's probably making above the league one average salary but not close to the championship average salary. I think he would sign in MLS for around $250,000 to $300,000. 

Edited by king1010
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, king1010 said:

aren't you free to sign a contract with another team within the last 6 months of your current contract? 

I think so but doubt you can start playing for your new club until the old contract expires.

Also - part of this "training/trialing" period might be Vancouver assessing how he fits in during training, to confirm if a high salary demand is worth handing out.

Edited by David C.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

According toEmpire of Soccer, Ouimette will spend the end of the season in Jacksonville on loan.

 

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/sources-red-bulls-send-ouimette-to-armada-on-season-long-loan-50040/

Better than NYRB II, but you got to wonder if he has a future with the red bulls. Interesting that he never gets consideration as a fullback, or so it appears.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Better than NYRB II, but you got to wonder if he has a future with the red bulls. Interesting that he never gets consideration as a fullback, or so it appears.

I can't see Ouimette staying with the Red Bulls. Maybe this loan opens up a chance for a starting spot in NASL in 2017, either with Jacksonville or another club? Would probably be the right level for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...