TEGUCIGALPA ROAD TRIP

Robert

Who is coming with me?

World Cup Qualifying 2018
Round Group A Date 02 sept 2016
Venue Tegucigalpa - Honduras (Olimpico)

Advisories

HONDURAS - Exercise a high degree of caution

There is no nationwide advisory in effect for Honduras. However, you should exercise a high degree of caution due to violent crime.

Regional Advisory for parts of Valle, Choluteca and Olancho

Global Affairs Canada advises against all travel to San Francisco de Coray and Langue in the department of Valle; Orocuina, Apacilagua and Morolica in the department of Choluteca; and San Francisco de la Paz and Gualaco in the department of Olancho due to high levels of violence and crime.

Travel Health Notice - Zika virus

The Public Health Agency of Canada has issued a Travel Health Notice for the Global Update: Zika virus infection recommending that Canadians practice special health precautions while travelling in affected countries. Pregnant women and those considering becoming pregnant should avoid travel to countries with ongoing Zika virus outbreaks. See Health for more information.

3 hours ago, Oranje said:

Wow, a somewhat coherent post by Robert, what gives?

Since you posted that I checked Diez.hn to see if there was anything in the rumour mill that may have led to Robert's post - but as I expected this is just the most Robert thing ever! :D

Fixed his post:

4 hours ago, Robert said:

Who is coming with me?

World Cup Qualifying 2018
Round Group A Date 02 sept 2016
Venue Tegucigalpa - Honduras (Olimpico)

Advisories

HONDURAS - Exercise a high degree of caution if you let Robert plan your trips!

20 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Even better, you can do all that in the company of Robert!

That's the spirit Griz.  "You'll never walk alone."  FENAFUTH has to put aside tickets for the visiting team, so Mt. Vic, being the ticket sales guru that he is, should have no problem getting a block of tickets for the Voyageurs at a reasonable rate.  FIFA will ensure that FENAFUTH provides two double rows of machine-gun toting military troops on either side of us at the stadium, which means 2,000 less Hondurans in the stands.  Just think what it will mean to the lads when they look up and see a couple of Maple Leaf waving in the crowd, and how much fun we'll have as we eke out an historic 1-0 victory to finally make it to the HEX.  You and I will be one of the handful that will be able to say; "WE WERE THERE" instead of those "wannabees supporters" watching on the couch from the safety of their living rooms.  This is going to be the battle that decides who will win the war and only the "REAL VOYAGEURS" will experience all the emotions, right from dry-throat, heart-pounding fear to orgasmic elation!

Sorry if this has been addressed, but I thought the game was in SPS. Why would the Hondurans not play us in the steamy lowlands instead of much cooler Tegucigalpa? You guys who are travelling, take care. It was a cesspit 25 years ago when I was there and it wasn't the murder capital of the world. 

4 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

It is! Hence @Blackdude 's post about travelling 12 hours to watch the game on TV & people posting that going to Tegu for a game that will be hosted in SPS would be the MOST Robert thing ever! You missed the joke at his expense.

They are trying to confuse us. Let's split-up

French-Canadian supporters gol to San Pedro Sula

English-Canadian supporters go to Tegucigalpa

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/03/30/after-canadas-double-defeat-mexico-focus-again-shifts-honduras

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/index.html

This thread inspired me to do a bit of skyscanner browsing...

I found that to fly from my home in Queenstown, New Zealand to our qualifiers in Honduras and Vancouver then back home would cost $2874 CAD, with stops in Auckland, Houston, Tegucigalpa, Houston again, Vancouver, LAX, Auckland, then home again. I'm a bit of a flight booking geek.

Sorry Robert, it would be a pretty epic trip but I just don't have that kind of cash to throw around!

17 hours ago, Scottie said:

Tegucigalpa

This match will be in SAN PEDRO SULA NOT TEGUCIGALPA! (Robert's gotten to me - I felt a strong urge to write that in caps!) :lol:

On 4/27/2016 at 11:35 PM, Robert said:

French-Canadian supporters gol to San Pedro Sula

English-Canadian supporters go to Tegucigalpa

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/03/30/after-canadas-double-defeat-mexico-focus-again-shifts-honduras

WTF does this mean? - In that article written by Gavin Day it says "all come down to what happens in San Pedro Sula".

Plus, the Olimpico is in San Pedro Sula. That's what the Central American Games can do to that city,create the de facto national stadium. The weirdest fact is that San Pedro Sula is the only city in Honduras that has more than 1 soccer stadium. I think that they have 3. Real has one, Marathon has one and you have the Olimpico.

26 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Plus, the Olimpico is in San Pedro Sula. That's what the Central American Games can do to that city,create the de facto national stadium. The weirdest fact is that San Pedro Sula is the only city in Honduras that has more than 1 soccer stadium. I think that they have 3. Real has one, Marathon has one and you have the Olimpico.

Never thought of that! If you are talking 15 000+ seats then I guess, yes that's true! The Estadio Olímpico Metropolitano would become a "white elephant" of sorts if the national team didn't play there almost every time.

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

This match will be in SAN PEDRO SULA NOT TEGUCIGALPA! (Robert's gotten to me - I felt a strong urge to write that in caps!) :lol:

Yep I'm aware of that. Flying to SAP instead of TGU adds another $552 to the trip though so I'll stick with my original plan and try to find some dodgy Honduran bus service!

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, to70 said:

The Honduran FA has been fined CHF 40,000 by FIFA over fans behavior. I wonder if there will be closer scrutiny at this game now with the new regime at FIFA.

Links:

http://www.diez.hn/laseleccion/964146-99/fifa-multa-a-honduras-con-40-mil-d%C3%B3lares-por-incidentes-discriminatorios

http://www.fifa.com/governance/news/y=2016/m=5/news=fifa-sanctions-several-football-associations-after-discriminatory-chan-2792733.html

Chile, and Croatia will have closed door games. Not so for Honduras!

Archived