WSA, Thunder Bay, & Foothills showcase in Wpg Apr 29, 30, May 1

I'm in Wpg for work and am going to try to take in the games Friday night. Anyone else interested? Schedule is below. Apologies for the weird formatting. 

ALL GAMES TO BE PLAYED AT ST VITAL MEMORIAL FIELDALL GAMES TO BE PLAYED AT ST VITAL MEMORIAL FIELDBelow you have the games and the information's that you might need  : 
Friday, April 29

match #1: 4pm – 6pm             BV    vs.  Calgary
match #2: 6pm - 8 pm             WSA vs. Thunder Bay    (WSA-Black)

match #1: 4pm – 6pm            WSA  vs.   Calgary         (WSA White)
match #2: 6pm - 8 pm            BV    vs.  Thunder Bay

Sunday, May 1

match #1: 9am – 11am        Thunder Bay vs. Calgary
match #2: 11am – 1pm        WSA   vs. Bonivital         (WSA-Black)

I'm in Rob. As a new WSA season ticket holder I better get out for the pre-season too ;).  I don't work Fridays so I can easily make both games.

edit: I forgot about Mom duties. I'll have to pick up my daughter at 3:30 so I likely wouldn't get to the first game util around 4:30

26 minutes ago, MrsC said:

I'm in Rob. As a new WSA season ticket holder I better get out for the pre-season too ;).  I don't work Fridays so I can easily make both games.

edit: I forgot about Mom duties. I'll have to pick up my daughter at 3:30 so I likely wouldn't get to the first game util around 4:30

No worries. I'll be around. I might be putting a mic in a few faces here and there too :)

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Toje said:

May 1st

Thunder Bay Chill Reserves 0 Calgary 4 (reserves according to the official TB twitter account)

Apr 29

WSA Winnipeg 1 Thunder Bay Chill Reserves 4

Yes Thunder Bay played a lot of their local kids. Their PDL squad is made up of a ton of imports. According to Tony Colistro, Thunder Bay's founder, they need to draw a crowd to stay afloat so they bring in imports from the US/Brazil/etc to draw a crowd. There are spin-off benefits for the rest of his club and local kids, in his opinion. We chatted with him, Eddie Badescu and Tommy Wheeldon and it will be out on FTBH. Very different approaches from those three. 

Archived