Sign in to follow this  
FootieFool

Hoilett to Besiktas?

6 hours ago, Complete Homer said:

Interesting, I had read much more positive things when I tried digging around forums a few months ago. These guys seem harsh 

In fairness, he was a terrible deal for them. He played very well this year but did nothing in the 3 preceding seasons. 

hoepfully he can bring his strong form into the Premier League.

Yes, I'd be very surprised if he stays at QPR. Bought with good money (£4m, I think) and moving on for nothing - well done QPR!

His form last season will probably earn him a place in the Premiershit but I don't think he will see much game time.

On 10 mei 2016 at 11:24 PM, dsqpr said:

Yes, I'd be very surprised if he stays at QPR. Bought with good money (£4m, I think) and moving on for nothing - well done QPR!

And over 100 games for them. Which isn't all that bad if you ask me. 

19 hours ago, shamrock said:

And over 100 games for them. Which isn't all that bad if you ask me. 

If you have a hot clue, a player of Hoilett's age and ability would be moved on for a PROFIT, not released for a 100% loss!

On 5/28/2016 at 9:18 PM, dsqpr said:

If you have a hot clue, a player of Hoilett's age and ability would be moved on for a PROFIT, not released for a 100% loss!

Clearly hot clues are hard to come by.  If you follow basic accounting mind set, then you are absolutely correct: get maximum value out of asset.  Considering that QPR did not sell him on suggests one of two things: 1) QPR's asking price was higher than what other clubs valued Hoilett at, or 2) QPR made a footballing decision.  I suspect the latter as QPR has a wealthy owner in the Air Asia founder who has backed large debts in the hopes of a Premier League payday. QPR likely decided that they were stronger with Hoilett in the squad and were willing to risk losing a few million in the hopes of gaining promotion.   

2 hours ago, WheatsheafSK said:

Clearly hot clues are hard to come by.  If you follow basic accounting mind set, then you are absolutely correct: get maximum value out of asset.  Considering that QPR did not sell him on suggests one of two things: 1) QPR's asking price was higher than what other clubs valued Hoilett at, or 2) QPR made a footballing decision.  I suspect the latter as QPR has a wealthy owner in the Air Asia founder who has backed large debts in the hopes of a Premier League payday. QPR likely decided that they were stronger with Hoilett in the squad and were willing to risk losing a few million in the hopes of gaining promotion.   

Interesting conjectures.

What actually happened is that Hoilett's performances in prior years saw him marginalized from the first team, first by Redknapp and then by Ramsey to the point where QPR were recently willing to let him go on a free, but there were no takers as his contract was too high. Then he really shone under JFH and is now available on a free because his contract has expired.

Any way you look at it the Hoilett saga has been another massive fail for QPR. Firstly, we obviously paid him far too much, secondly, we got very little return for our investment over the full 4 years of his contract and, finally, now he moves on for nothing. Comparing his contribution to our overall cost, wages plus initial transfer fee (I think he was on around £50k per week, so the total cost over the 4 years was around £14m), it is a bloody good thing that Tony Fernandes is rich, but even so, that kind of abject failure cannot continue.

Edited by Lofty