Canada vs El Salvador Sept 6th in Vancouver WCQ

Admin

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, kingvikingstad said:

I wanted to mention this but I thought I'd leave it for a halftime rant!

It's from a local sports reporter who barely knows anything about the sport. Daso provided the real stuff - timing off between De Jong & Hoillett in early going.

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

They're playing well and trying hard but it's too much of a mountain to climb. Maybe we claw our way to another goal but can't see us hitting 4 which is what we will need 

I can be a pretty damn big pessimist, but I wouldn't say that hitting 3 more isn't feasible.  We could have already done it ffs - if we can maintain this inertia, no reason we can't bag a few. 

Just now, hectorj said:

With Mexico looking uninterested, our only hope is 4-0 and Mexico winning 1-0. Am I naive to think we can at least do our part?

I counted 3 A+ chances we blew, 2 from Larin and 1 from Ricketts.  I love the pressure we're starting to mount but we can't miss those opportunities and expect to get the result we need.  A goal every 15 minutes is the best way to look at things now.

1 minute ago, BCM1555362349 said:

Somehow the wasted chances by the striker(s) is Floro's fault - right guys?

Don't even! 

Who knows if this is happening in spite of Floro, as Perry made pretty clear during his sideline report and his interview with Tossaint (who slid right past the question).

If anything, this makes me sincerely wish that we'd had a more progressive coach for three years. The fact that you can see our attacking talent makes me really sad. I really, really hope Atiba gives it a go with a new coach that can hopefully bring the best out of the new talent we have. 

Nonetheless, despite the misses, the lads are putting in a full shift and the attacking display has made me a happy fan for once!

FFS, Canada should be 3 up! But still a positive performance at least. Looks like Mexico are not gonna be doing us any favors, their bribe money probably doubled after ES turned theirs down. Arfield is the best player on the park at the moment, he is whipping in nice balls from set pieces, hopefully some of the big boys coming up can capitalize on this in the 2nd half.

Overall a pleasing 45 mins but it could have been a lot better! Anyway the only thing to do is to keep plugging away and hope for the best here!

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I counted 3 A+ chances we blew, 2 from Larin and 1 from Ricketts.  I love the pressure we're starting to mount but we can't miss those opportunities and expect to get the result we need.  A goal every 15 minutes is the best way to look at things now.

Larin's missed chances were an A+ and an A. Ricketts' was a B.

Archived