Fikayo Tomori

SCF08

1 hour ago, canta15 said:

What team uses 4 attacking midfielders? (Wingers don't count as attacking midfielders) Johnson and De Guzman are box to box midfielders not attacking minded players.

I'm not talking about the players we use for those positions but the personnel the formation should be using. Perhaps both central players are not attackers as i'm looking at the Germany and Bayern formations, but one guy is box-to-box and enables the attacking mid to go forward.

5 hours ago, jpg75 said:

I'm not talking about the players we use for those positions but the personnel the formation should be using. Perhaps both central players are not attackers as i'm looking at the Germany and Bayern formations, but one guy is box-to-box and enables the attacking mid to go forward.

Exactly you stated that that formation is made to have 4 attacking midfielders. It is not. When Bayern used it they had  wide midfielders not attacking midfielders. Vidal and Thiago are not attacking midfielders and the same with Douglas Costa. Even Ribery is a winger not an attacking midfielder. That formation is meant for disciplined defending which is why it has no devoted attacking midfielder hence why it is a 4-1-4-1 and not a 4-1-3-1-1.

6 hours ago, canta15 said:

Vidal and Thiago are not attacking midfielders 

The stuff people come up with: Thiago has been a creative attacking player all his career, he has never been anything other. 

As for Vidal, well that commentary just shows how ridiculous people are willing to be just to argue a point.

Edit: just to say, these guys are coached by a man who won a trophy playing a 4-6 formation. If you understand that, then you can keep talking about your silly alignment games. Because I am sure he'd laugh at you the way I am.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The stuff people come up with: Thiago has been a creative attacking player all his career, he has never been anything other. 

As for Vidal, well that commentary just shows how ridiculous people are willing to be just to argue a point.

Edit: just to say, these guys are coached by a man who won a trophy playing a 4-6 formation. If you understand that, then you can keep talking about your silly alignment games. Because I am sure he'd laugh at you the way I am.

That's why Thiago is listed as a standard regular midfielder on whoscored and wikipedia right? Have you ever heard of that postion? There is such a position between the defensive midfielder and attacking midfielder. Just because you are  creative does not mean you are an attacking midfielder... I'm sure Pep would laugh at your silly bias Liga Adelante> Championship like many of us do.

47 minutes ago, C2SKI said:

FA Youth Cup Final- Fikayo Tomori with another great game, and another goal. This kid can play.

The match was shown on free-to-air TV here in England. I managed to get the missus to flip over to the game on a couple of ad breaks so I could see how he looked. Unfortunately, the ITV commentators were more interested in talking absolute rubbish rather than commenting on the play. I watched for about ten minutes in total and didn't hear a single player's name mentioned. Assuming he was one of the Chelsea CBs, I think he played well, keeping the City attack at arms length. I didn't see his goal, unfortunately. 

On 23/4/2016 at 4:00 PM, canta15 said:

That's why Thiago is listed as a standard regular midfielder on whoscored and wikipedia right? Have you ever heard of that postion? There is such a position between the defensive midfielder and attacking midfielder. Just because you are  creative does not mean you are an attacking midfielder... I'm sure Pep would laugh at your silly bias Liga Adelante> Championship like many of us do.

canta15, I want to congratulate you for watching football on Wikipedia, you are going to learn a lot about player positions and stuff and I am sure your Fantasy season is going to be amazing.

Anyways, to help, I'll ask Pep about this next time I see him in Barcelona, when he Cristina and the kids are back in Manresa or Santpedor this summer, okay? And I'll let you know what he says.

Edit: sorry, just had to add about Arturo Vidal. I insist, don't read Wiki, actually watch games. Vidal is in the box or at the top on every single Bayern attacking play tonight, and even missed two good chances in close. He was subbed out for Mueller, which is appropriate, since they were losing, so they went from attacking mid to striker. The game of football is learnt playing, coaching and watching, so learn and don't be a Wiki bot.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

On 4/27/2016 at 5:51 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

canta15, I want to congratulate you for watching football on Wikipedia, you are going to learn a lot about player positions and stuff and I am sure your Fantasy season is going to be amazing.

Anyways, to help, I'll ask Pep about this next time I see him in Barcelona, when he Cristina and the kids are back in Manresa or Santpedor this summer, okay? And I'll let you know what he says.

Edit: sorry, just had to add about Arturo Vidal. I insist, don't read Wiki, actually watch games. Vidal is in the box or at the top on every single Bayern attacking play tonight, and even missed two good chances in close. He was subbed out for Mueller, which is appropriate, since they were losing, so they went from attacking mid to striker. The game of football is learnt playing, coaching and watching, so learn and don't be a Wiki bot.

You are right. Fuck Wikipedia. A bitter biased Spanish football fan knows way more than every football analyst in the world and sports website stating facts. Fuck the fact that whoscored stated Vidal and Muiller played a majority of games at CM. I am just going to trust a fan who doesn't know any better.

Edited by Guest

I honestly wish that we could manage two threads for players... one for news and updates about the player and one for banter/nonsense that is only tangentially related to the player.  I would suggest the possibility of avoiding the tangential nonsense altogether but we all know that is asking for the impossible. 

The thing is that it is quite possible that we might never know if a player isn't in a camp because he hasn't been invited or that he has but turned down the invite.  I imagine it's often not in the CSA's interest to publicly state that a given player turned down an invite.  Therefore, in any case where the player was invited but turned it down and there is no statement made from either side it's too easy to incorrectly deduce the reasons.

That being said, I'm surprised in this day and age of extensive information on the internet and so many people wanting to be seen as in the know that there isn't more knowledge of player's intent in situations like these. 

38 minutes ago, RamR said:

The thing is that it is quite possible that we might never know if a player isn't in a camp because he hasn't been invited or that he has but turned down the invite.  I imagine it's often not in the CSA's interest to publicly state that a given player turned down an invite.  Therefore, in any case where the player was invited but turned it down and there is no statement made from either side it's too easy to incorrectly deduce the reasons.

Tomori could decline to join Canada's June camp but I don't see why he would at this stage as he can't be cap-tied even if he plays a match.  I would think it a feather in the 19-year-old's cap to be (possibly) playing internationals. Should be a win-win for player and country.  Hope it comes to pass.

On April 29, 2016 at 8:24 AM, RamR said:

This is absolutely the case. A ton is going on behind the scenes that doesn't see the light of day. Clubs also regularly fight the CSA on player call-ups so that is a factor as well. 

With what I've heard about the effort people are putting into building the player pool, enriching the player database, and finding unknown Canadian players, I think the days of the CSA's ham-handed handling of players and player discovery is (at least temporarily) over, and I suspect we will see more evidence of this, with players in junior camps that we didn't expect, in the coming months. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

He might be about to make his Premier League debut.

80th minute and two subs used, not looking likely. Still, surely that's got to be a symbolic gesture to have him on the bench. A taste of the first team as reward for doing well on the youth team?

1 hour ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Need.. to.. cap... tie...

I'm with you on this one. This kid could be a serious stud in a few years and we need to get him on board permanently. I would call him to the Austria friendlies and see how he does. Possibly call him to the WCQ's and see if we can cap tie him in a positive situation that doesn't affect the result

12 hours ago, jpg75 said:

I'm with you on this one. This kid could be a serious stud in a few years and we need to get him on board permanently. I would call him to the Austria friendlies and see how he does. Possibly call him to the WCQ's and see if we can cap tie him in a positive situation that doesn't affect the result

I think if he isn't called to Austria it's a massive mistake.  Sure, he'll probably turn it down but we can't pass up an opportunity.  

With Aird and Tomori we might not have to worry about the RB spot for 10+ years.  

14 hours ago, Vince193 said:

Not really. It took them forever to change Aleman from Costa Rican to Canadian.

Haha, it was me who suggested it to soccerway. I just sent them an email. 

I think if they don't know where a player is from, they take the nation he first plays in. Later if they do get info, they'll adjust it.

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

I think if he isn't called to Austria it's a massive mistake.  Sure, he'll probably turn it down but we can't pass up an opportunity.  

With Aird and Tomori we might not have to worry about the RB spot for 10+ years.  

why would he turn it down?

he seems to answer the call for ur youth teams when called

Edited by king1010

Just now, king1010 said:

why would he turn it down?

he seems to answer the call four youth teams when called

Just assuming but I'd guess he wants to keep his cards tight for now.  If he attends the friendly then it'll be an awkward position if he's called to a potentially cap tying camp in September and he's not ready to commit.