Raheem Edwards

Dub Narcotic

4 minutes ago, BradMack said:

Love Raheem, but man you can see what people in Montreal were talking about. He looks so lazy off the ball, I guess its probably just his style, but at some points on the counter attack he was just jogging when he shouldve been sprinting, making a clever run, adding another option to the attack to overload the defense. 

All that said, he was still the most dangerous player for Chicago and it was fun to watch. Just super frustraiting to see him play so lazy when you think about just how good he could be if he had say, Teibert's engine and drive. If he adds that to his game I could see him playing at a much higher level. All the skill in the world. 

Its just his style.  Larin is similar.  Looks lazy, but in fact is working hard. 

Odd, I know.  Like how we park on driveways and drive on parkways. 

5 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Its just his style.  Larin is similar.  Looks lazy, but in fact is working hard. 

Odd, I know.  Like how we park on driveways and drive on parkways. 

I understand it is his style and understand he puts in a shift. But that still doesn't change the fact that in the last game there were a couple times where he just didn't make runs. When he's playing in a front three and litterally jogging from the centre line while the other attackers blaze far ahead of him, that is actual laziness. He might get away with that in a LWB role but can't do it in a LW role at a higher level. I believe he can get away with it in MLS because even when he does play this way, he's still influential whenever he decides to turn it on. Thats where the frustration comes in and I understand Remi Garde a bit more, imagine what he could do if he put in maximum effort for 90 minutes.

Go back and watch the TFC - Chicago game, if you key in on Raheem you'll see what I mean.

It is unfortunate that he is so lazy in certain areas. The place I notice it most is in his defending. He will often overcommit then just give up rather than jockey the player. I think Raheem is a guy who could really dominate the field. He shows a lot of Hoilett like skills, but doesn't quite have the attitude. 

I also think he has the skills to play a Vazquez type role, but just not the work rate. If you compare the skills of Osorio and edwards it isn't even close. But Osorio is  just smarter and and works harder. Maybe Raheem will mature with more experience like Osorio. He is a fairly new pro after all. To sum it up, I still have so much hope for him, but he can be extremely frustrating to watch at times.

I completely agree BenFisk’sBiggestFan.  There was one play in particular aside from the two assists (let’s be honest Nokolic missed an absolute sitter) where he took down a touch from about 40 yards on the run just outside TFC’s box.. sublime.  Maybe the best touch of the night next to Giovincos on his goal.

On 7/24/2018 at 9:15 PM, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

It is unfortunate that he is so lazy in certain areas. The place I notice it most is in his defending. He will often overcommit then just give up rather than jockey the player. I think Raheem is a guy who could really dominate the field. He shows a lot of Hoilett like skills, but doesn't quite have the attitude. 

I also think he has the skills to play a Vazquez type role, but just not the work rate. If you compare the skills of Osorio and edwards it isn't even close. But Osorio is  just smarter and and works harder. Maybe Raheem will mature with more experience like Osorio. He is a fairly new pro after all. To sum it up, I still have so much hope for him, but he can be extremely frustrating to watch at times.

I think that this is a good summary.  I was extremely surprised when hearing that he wasnt protected by TFC becasue on talent alone, i rated him the highest of all of the TFC prospects.  He can make plays that make a difference in a game.  He set up and created the winning goal that Giovinco scored in the V-Cup. He had cracker of a goal for Montreal this year on that volley.  How many players have we evere had on our NT who can score that kind of goal..  must be something we dont know to explain why its been three teams in less than a year. 

Edited by Free kick

8 hours ago, nolando said:

How'd he do?

Once again one of the best players for the Fire and one of the few who look like they could make a difference. Unfortunately for him the Fire largely stink, their back line without Schweinsteiger is overall weak and the two front runners Nikolic and Katai were invisible in this game Once TFC got the first goal and Scheweinsteiger was pushed up front to try to help get the equalizer, it was game over with TFC unlucky not to win by 5. 

You could see during and after the game that he and Hasler still get on with their ex teammates, I thought they were going to ask them “Can we stay just here and see if no one notices?” Osorio did go home with Hasler’s jersey.

• 4 weeks later...

Chicago Fire coach Veljko Paunovic just eluded to the fact that he has been disappointed with Edwards' effort when asked about the changes to the team tonight. Called the performance of his wingers last week "lazy". Edwards and Katai started last week...Edwards is at fullback tonight and Katai is on the bench.

5 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

Chicago Fire coach Veljko Paunovic just eluded to the fact that he has been disappointed with Edwards' effort when asked about the changes to the team tonight. Called the performance of his wingers last week "lazy". Edwards and Katai started last week...Edwards is at fullback tonight and Katai is on the bench.

If he doesn't like him at wing he is probably really not going to like him at fullback. Defending is not Edwards' forte.

If (and that's a big if here) Robbo stays in place for another season, I can see Edwards finding his way to Vancouver in the off season, in the same fashion that the club picked up Cancon Edgar, De Jong, and Henry.  Obviously, there's also going to be job opening at left wing;)

Edited by BearcatSA

22 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

If (and that's a big if here) Robbo stays in place for another season, I can see Edwards finding his way to Vancouver in the off season, the same fashion that the club picked up Cancon Edgar, De Jong, and Henry.  Obviously, there's also going to be job opening at left wing;)

He'd be the first player to play for all 3 canadian MLS teams.

1 hour ago, shorty said:

Interesting.  Who do we have that have played for two of three?

Hassli, Braun, Dunfield, Laba, Oduro, Issey, Edwards, Beitashour, Felipe, Brovsky ...  Any others?

Collen Warner, Daniel Lovitz.

1 hour ago, Blackdude said:
3 hours ago, shorty said:

Interesting.  Who do we have that have played for two of three?

Hassli, Braun, Dunfield, Laba, Oduro, Issey, Edwards, Beitashour, Felipe, Brovsky ...  Any others?

Collen Warner, Daniel Lovitz. 

Nigel Reo-Coker