Hamilton CPL Supporters Thread

-Hammer-

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

Very well put!  That's a great meeting summary and much better than my choppy notes :)

I think it's good for the rest of the V's to read through the notes and take it in a bit.

Rob, your notes helped a ton! My notes were a little thin from facilitating....

1 hour ago, Gopherbashi said:

This part definitely piqued my curiosity...

Essentially we don't have the budget, would make more sense for those interested Ontario/Canada wide to contribute.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Gopherbashi said:
Glitch

A question about association with the Hamilton soccer association. What were the responsibilities and oversight that came with that?

Say there's an unfortunate fan incident (obviously something no one wants but it's probably going to happen at least once in the years ahead), do we now have the association trying to discipline as well as the team?

Building a connection with the soccer association seems like a great way to expand the scope of advertising for the team, but I'm just trying to think of any unforeseen consequences 

4 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

A question about association with the Hamilton soccer association. What were the responsibilities and oversight that came with that?

Say there's an unfortunate fan incident (obviously something no one wants but it's probably going to happen at least once in the years ahead), do we now have the association trying to discipline as well as the team?

Building a connection with the soccer association seems like a great way to expand the scope of advertising for the team, but I'm just trying to think of any unforeseen consequences 

Definitely worth checking in to, however I don't think the HDSA will have any authority to discipline a supporters club, realistically what could they do? They are primarily the governing body of youth and adult teams and leagues and I think Gibby's recommendation that we join was more for networking and promotional purposes!

16 minutes ago, Gopherbashi said:

I assume it would work as a virtual cup, similar to the V's Cup prior to the Canadian Championship?

Not sure what you mean by virtual, but think of it as Cascadia Cup but Ontario. Paid for by the fans, handed out by the fans, awarded to the best team in Ontario.

30 minutes ago, Gopherbashi said:

I assume it would work as a virtual cup, similar to the V's Cup prior to the Canadian Championship?

The discussion was around raising money for a physical cup. 

My opinion would be keeping that fundraiser away from the general BSB coffers until there's enough capital to maintain a steady inventory of merch. Maybe once we get closer to the actual launch, the supporters groups from each of the 2-3 teams can make a lump sum donation to the project. Presumably cash flow will get better once there's more public hype

We didn't discuss it (I didn't think of it until after), but it'd be cool to have a "challenge cup" of sorts, like the old Stanley Cup or the current Ranfurly Shield (rugby).

That, I'd imagine, would be more of a "virtual" trophy, but still, I think it'd be neat to keep track of.

28 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Presumption of innocence anyone?  

If anyone knows him, just tell him to contact a lawyer.

Or is the BSB trying to be the most police friendly supporter group in the world?

Sure, but that is something for the courts sort out, after he either turns himself in or is caught by the proper authorities. The police are looking for him, and appear to have probable cause to arrest him given that they have they have the incident on video.

http://3downnation.com/2016/11/29/man-wearing-ticats-jersey-wanted-alleged-sexual-assault-grey-cup-police/

Granted we haven't seen the video, but I don't see the Toronto police asking the press for help finding the guy if there wasn't something concrete.

Also, I'm to understand other supporters groups have similar stances in Canada. The Bytown Boys have a similar code of conduct. In their case.

" As a member, you further agree to abide by our zero tolerance policy on any criminal activities while representing The BBSC in any capacity, and you agree to immediately report any such occurrence to the nearest council member. Our organisation is fully committed to cooperating with, reporting to, and answering to any authorities in any such cases. As a member, you further agree to abide by our zero tolerance policy on any criminal activities while representing The BBSC in any capacity, and you agree to immediately report any such occurrence to the nearest council member. Our organisation is fully committed to cooperating with, reporting to, and answering to any authorities in any such cases"

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

Presumption of innocence anyone?  

If anyone knows him, just tell him to contact a lawyer.

Or is the BSB trying to be the most police friendly supporter group in the world?

Helping police locate a suspect is not interfering with innocence until proven guilty, it's just helping the start of due process 

Archived