Hamilton CPL Supporters Thread

-Hammer-

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, marauder01 said:

Man, that meeting went so well. So so pleased. We're in a really REALLY good place heading into league announcement.

Edit: The drum is paid for! Thanks for all who contributed!

Drum.jpg

Congrats, guys! Any new news from the meeting you're allowed to share?

2 hours ago, lazlo_80 said:

Congrats, guys! Any new news from the meeting you're allowed to share?

The meeting went really well and there was representation present from the CSA (Nick Bontos), OSA (Ben Rycroft), Hamilton & District SA (John Gibson), The Voyageurs (Jamie MacLeod), Hamilton CPL team (John McGrane), TigerCats (Kevin ??) and CPL (Paul Beirne) Although there weren't a lot of specifics given for dates and franchise locations I came away with a positive feeling that this is a go, too many people have too much time invested in this for it to be just a fantasy! 

Other information coming out of this from the CSA was 80+ applications have been received for the Men's National coaching position, the 2026 World Cup bid will be announced officially soon (it's a federation bid with US and Mexico) Maybe James can prove a link to the minutes on the Barton Street Battalion site?

14 minutes ago, gator said:

The meeting went really well and there was representation present from the CSA (Nick Bontos), OSA (Ben Rycroft), Hamilton & District SA (John Gibson), The Voyageurs (Jamie MacLeod), Hamilton CPL team (John McGrane), TigerCats (Kevin ??) and CPL (Paul Beirne) Although there weren't a lot of specifics given for dates and franchise locations I came away with a positive feeling that this is a go, too many people have too much time invested in this for it to be just a fantasy! 

Other information coming out of this from the CSA was 80+ applications have been received for the Men's National coaching position, the 2026 World Cup bid will be announced officially soon (it's a federation bid with US and Mexico) Maybe James can prove a link to the minutes on the Barton Street Battalion site?

wow. All great to hear.

5 hours ago, gator said:

FYI I'm pretty sure Nick Brontis said the CMNT head coach bit was off the record

1 hour ago, Complete Homer said:

FYI I'm pretty sure Nick Brontis said the CMNT head coach bit was off the record

You might be right but guess what, I have found that if you really want something to remain confidential it's best not to tell it to 20+ people you don't know! Let's keep this within the V's board then! :)

Just now, gator said:

You might be right but guess what, I have found that if you really want something to remain confidential it's best not to tell it to 20+ people you don't know! Let's keep this within the V's board then! :)

I get that, but if we put anything they tell us on the internet immediately, I am pretty sure they'll become even less forthcoming with details

Just a heads up, to anyone frequenting the board and making the trip to Hamilton for the Vanier cup on the 26th or Toronto for the Grey Cup on the 27th. I will be at both games if you are looking to pickup a scarf from out of town. Assuming I can touch base with Marauder, which is likely.

Archived