Hamilton CPL Supporters Thread

-Hammer-

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I value all of your opinions on this moving forward so lets leave it until we have better attednance, perhaps in three weekends time. I'm meeting with the club tomorrow, hopefully that will give me some indication to timelines and which will impact how soon we need to hammer out the SG finer details. Stay tuned.

46 minutes ago, marauder01 said:

I value all of your opinions on this moving forward so lets leave it until we have better attednance, perhaps in three weekends time. I'm meeting with the club tomorrow, hopefully that will give me some indication to timelines and which will impact how soon we need to hammer out the SG finer details. Stay tuned.

Can you tell them I'd like the league announcement now?  Thanks.

On 10/18/2016 at 5:23 PM, marauder01 said:

Sooooooo.......?

7 hours ago, Complete Homer said:

One is sitting proudly on my bookshelf along with my other Hamilton paraphernalia. 

Ps. This turned out well, ignoring the wrinkles. Potato quality because of data limit on attachments

20161020_114012.jpg

I decided to take out the black background since u ordered that, kind of a shame u got it so quick..  I think it'll be less wrinkly now as it's just yellow and grey on the black t-shirt.

either way, its a way of getting us out there.

56 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

I decided to take out the black background since u ordered that, kind of a shame u got it so quick..  I think it'll be less wrinkly now as it's just yellow and grey on the black t-shirt.

either way, its a way of getting us out there.

I'm happy to be a walking billboard

Equally happy to awkwardly explain CPL to friends asking what the heck I am wearing and watch their eyes glaze over

Gang, some various updates for you:

Any drummers in the house?
We've made our first big purchase as a supporters group. We were able to get an absolutely massive drum at a really reasonable cost. The drum came with good skins and a stand and ran us $250 bucks. There are about 5 of us who are keen on chipping in to pay off the drum without dipping into the funds that I've raised through scarf sales. If you'd like to be one of the individuals who contributes to the drum send me a message on here or twitter/email so I know what the cost will be per person. In a perfect world we all get enough donations so that the drum drops from the $50 each its now at, to something more reasonable. No pressure to contribute, just putting the word out.

Wave your Flags
I'll also be buying a number of yellow/black checkered flags online using the money from our account. These, and with the soon to be spruced up drum, we'll be looking pretty damn smart come announcement time.

Century Mark
After 5 months of having scarves we officially reached 100 scarves sold today! Still sitting at about 45 in inventory now so no need to fret if you don't have one. Once we get confirmation of a league/team announcement I'll do another order so we have enough for when we get our first big wave of media.

Shirts
I've reached out to Jamie of the V's to get some more shirts in the works. He's currently making some supplier decisions but after that we'll have some BSB Support Local Soccer shirts to sell as well. We can talk about other shirts/scarf designs at our meetup in November.

Ambitiously yours,

James

12 hours ago, marauder01 said:

Century Mark
After 5 months of having scarves we officially reached 100 scarves sold today! Still sitting at about 45 in inventory now so no need to fret if you don't have one. Once we get confirmation of a league/team announcement I'll do another order so we have enough for when we get our first big wave of media.

Congrats. I want a scarf.

On 10/22/2016 at 5:30 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

It's about time you guys had an NHL team, by the way.  

GruYvP4.png

At this point, we've been the bridesmaid too many times. Frankly, with how the NHL has treated Hamilton (although the Leafs did give us a Pre-Season game....and then proceeded to not play any of their young stars, which was the only reason to go and see them) I'm of the camp that I don't even want them here unless Michael Andlauer wants it here. He's given far more to Hamilton with the Bulldogs then the NHL ever has.

Like the logo, wouldn't mind seeing the H lowered and maybe a hammer and anvil worked into it.

20 minutes ago, -Hammer- said:

At this point, we've been the bridesmaid too many times. Frankly, with how the NHL has treated Hamilton (although the Leafs did give us a Pre-Season game....and then proceeded to not play any of their young stars, which was the only reason to go and see them) I'm of the camp that I don't even want them here unless Michael Andlauer wants it here. He's given far more to Hamilton with the Bulldogs then the NHL ever has.

Like the logo, wouldn't mind seeing the H lowered and maybe a hammer and anvil worked into it.

fair enough.  Yea it's a little bit ridiculous to be honest.  I'm hopeful that soccer expanding into canada will give the NHL motivation to expand to compete with it.  But I definitely can't blame you for feeling slighted.

steel-beam-vector-clip-art-Prw7bt-clipar

the H is supposed to be a steel beam from the end on view, if that wasn't obvious.  I suppose it may need some rounding on the edges as most of them have that.

Always could try something with the hammer but felt if the soccer thing happens it'd be better not to have overlap.  

All hypothetical of course, but thats how I roll.

37 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

Ah sorry, I'd meant last night. But I'm good with heading over for the Montreal game at 7:30, if that was what you were referring to? 

Got out of work late. Ugh... didn't see the time of the post right. Your option man. Let me know.

Archived