Hamilton CPL Supporters Thread

-Hammer-

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In cooperation with the Hamilton & District Soccer Association, we want to hear from you – give us your feedback and help shape the next successful professional soccer club launch in North America.

Interesting choice of wording in that it involves one club in a wider North American context. Good to see that there is some light at the end of the tunnel now for you guys no matter what that ultimately implies on the CPL concept, if anything obviously. This Hamilton pro soccer saga has dragged on for around a decade.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The morning after update:

First and foremost, thanks to everyone who came out last night/Friday to support. Results aside, we the Battalion don't have much to meet up for game wise, so it was great to get everyone to tune in together.

Secondly, the the Pheasant Plucker has been very good to us with the free food on Friday along with the kick ass upstairs they can provide us. After speaking with the owner/manager they're more than happy to accommodate us for TFC/Canada games moving forward, so expect to have our viewing parties/meetings there in the future.

Lastly, if things go as planned we may have some news coming our way in the coming months. Until then, I'm going to book another general meeting in the next month (ish) so we can sit down and discuss things that we'll need to decide upon. There will be stuff to let the Ticats know about, like where we want to be in the stadium; while other things we need to decide is what we want the group to represent. Ideally if we can get a list of values/by-laws drawn up we can put it on the site so others know what we stand for and if they want to join and support.

Until then, stay tuned to twitter/facebook/here for meetings and other updates as we pave our path forward. Thanks for being a part of the journey, we have exciting times ahead.

On 9/12/2016 at 4:05 PM, -Hammer- said:

Honestly, my vote is for the section opposite Box J, right by the Steamwhistle, mainly due to proximity to the Coors Bar and its ease of identification.

So section 117?  Is that on the good camera side?  I think we should be visible from the main broadcast side of the field.  I think we're talking about the same section.

On 9/16/2016 at 11:43 PM, baulderdash77 said:

So section 117?  Is that on the good camera side?  I think we should be visible from the main broadcast side of the field.  I think we're talking about the same section.

I was thinking more like 112-113 as that would be one of the corners and right by the Coors Bar area. 117-118 could work too, as there isn't anything really overt on that side of the stadium, so making it the "soccer corner" so to speak might work out as far as marketing.

• 3 weeks later...

Gang, I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. I'm looking to do a Battalion meetup on the 29th or 30th of October, any preferences? What, other than the below would you like to talk about? On another note, we are very very close to 100 scarves sold. Thats some f*cking momentum if you ask me.

A few topics:

• By-laws
  • Merchandise
  • In Stadium seating
  • Pregame/Postgame
  • Board of Directors? President?

Let me know what date works best, and if there are any other things to cover off.

James

1 minute ago, marauder01 said:

Gang, I'm thinking of meeting at noon this Sunday at the phesant plucker. Its after the Auld Firm game, before the bulldogs game, and for those going to TFC would still allow for enough time to get to toronto. Thoughts? Let me know and I"ll put it out on social media tonight or tomorrow.

@Complete Homer @-Hammer- @gator @grande

Dang, in Toronto then. Small chance I make it back in time, but unlikely

Archived