Hamilton CPL Supporters Thread

-Hammer-

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Lips RPB said:

I'm wondering if we should have the date of when this group started somewhere on it. 

Going with Barton St Battalion - Established 2016 and Hamilton Soccer Supporters is certainly an idea, but given that literally anything of sufficient length can occupy the motto regions, I'm not going to remake a scarf for each motto unless we decide on a particular one. I do have to wonder with all these uploads if there is a limitation on the forum's hosting.

7 minutes ago, -Hammer- said:

So these guys? Albeit likely cleaned up the colours slightly adjusted?

Playing.jpgJust Chains.jpg

Exactly these ones. Don't spend any more time fixing these up until I figure out what kind of image quality we need from the scarf supplier. 

What at does everyone else think about these?

Good stuff, good stuff. So I spoke to a number of you this week/weekend, and here's where we are at:

-nearly even split between the bottom scarves and the scarf with the yellow bars, majority goes to the bottom two scarves.

-Nearly everyone was aligned to Barton St Battalion on one side and The Ambitious City on the other. I think its crucial to keep the Ambitious City on one side, that will appeal to Hamiltonians regardless of their soccer affiliation and will be good for our awareness and the BSB bank account.

-The supplier can produce and ship these to us in three weeks. In a perfect world we'd have them for the June friendlies in Ottawa and Toronto (which I'll be at both and could get some sales there). I'm going to go with a $20 price point which means we'd have about $7 or $8 profit on each scarf. I could sell about 10-15 on my own, plus the 10-15 of you who are interested, so I think the first shipment should be 50 scarves.

This now leaves us with having to choose a scarf. I'm totally on board with the bottom two (one design on each side) and am prepared to take care of the costs and sell these afterwards. Is anyone absolutely adamant they don't like the bottom scarves? If not I'm prepared to run with the majority and get these produced.

Let me know your thoughts below.

On 5/4/2016 at 11:57 PM, marauder01 said:

Good stuff, good stuff. So I spoke to a number of you this week/weekend, and here's where we are at:

-nearly even split between the bottom scarves and the scarf with the yellow bars, majority goes to the bottom two scarves.

-Nearly everyone was aligned to Barton St Battalion on one side and The Ambitious City on the other. I think its crucial to keep the Ambitious City on one side, that will appeal to Hamiltonians regardless of their soccer affiliation and will be good for our awareness and the BSB bank account.

-The supplier can produce and ship these to us in three weeks. In a perfect world we'd have them for the June friendlies in Ottawa and Toronto (which I'll be at both and could get some sales there). I'm going to go with a $20 price point which means we'd have about $7 or $8 profit on each scarf. I could sell about 10-15 on my own, plus the 10-15 of you who are interested, so I think the first shipment should be 50 scarves.

This now leaves us with having to choose a scarf. I'm totally on board with the bottom two (one design on each side) and am prepared to take care of the costs and sell these afterwards. Is anyone absolutely adamant they don't like the bottom scarves? If not I'm prepared to run with the majority and get these produced.

Let me know your thoughts below.

What were the image requirements from the supplier?

Also Guill, could you clean up the Black Text on the yellow side of the scarf? My version of the font/program used doesn't seem to do as good a job as yours.

3 hours ago, -Hammer- said:

What were the image requirements from the supplier?

Also Guill, could you clean up the Black Text on the yellow side of the scarf? My version of the font/program used doesn't seem to do as good a job as yours.

I'll just re-do the current design on illustrator, and up the res overall, might as well.  Still on nights but i'll probably be able to finish it by tomorrow or saturday sometime.  If you guys find out the format they want just post it back here and i'll convert it.

15 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

I'll just re-do the current design on illustrator, and up the res overall, might as well.  Still on nights but i'll probably be able to finish it by tomorrow or saturday sometime.  If you guys find out the format they want just post it back here and i'll convert it.

Sure, also keep in mind, true Black may also be needed instead of the somewhat lighter black. Not sure how well the colors are goig to mesh. We'll sort it out.

1 hour ago, marauder01 said:

Guil, I just emailed you the template the scarf producers sent me. If you can clean up the design and put it in the template for them that would be ideal!

If I may inquire for the fringes/fronds/whatever the loose strings at the ends are called. Is there a ratio of Black, Gold and Grey we have to set, and if so, are we going to just go Black and Gold. Doesn't strike me that the Grey in the scarf should be 1/3rd in there. Of course, what the producers might recommend might be a consideration. Just throwing that out there.

For the ends of the scarf I was going to go half gold half black, I don't think grey would look good if it was added in. 

For those asking, it's never too early or late to buy a scarf. I'll post details on how to get yourself one once we have them. 

In terms of team colours, we got as close as we could to confirming team colours. The Ticats said that black and yellow make sense because it is the same colour as the stadium. In saying that, Hamilton seems to be switching to black and cold as the Bulldogs have changed their colours.

8 hours ago, marauder01 said:

For the ends of the scarf I was going to go half gold half black, I don't think grey would look good if it was added in. 

For those asking, it's never too early or late to buy a scarf. I'll post details on how to get yourself one once we have them. 

In terms of team colours, we got as close as we could to confirming team colours. The Ticats said that black and yellow make sense because it is the same colour as the stadium. In saying that, Hamilton seems to be switching to black and cold as the Bulldogs have changed their colours.

Appreciate this. Thanks. I'm definitely interested in buying one.

12 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

better?  

AZvRjwt.png

The "Hamilton" Text looks a bit too far to the bottom and a little bit too close to the hammer.

Also, I prefer it Grey on the Black side, because it more clearly divides to logo area from the text area, but looks a bit to faded on the yellow side. That said, if we are going with the reversible idea...yeah probably should be yellow.

Also, while you can't notice it with the naked eye, the image chains have a dark grey stripe going through them. I don't foresee that being an issue, as I doubt scarves are going to have that many different shades of twine.

Slight diversion to the CSL (lol).

I was curious if they announced where the new Hamilton CSL team would be playing, so I checked the CSL page, and while it has a page for Hamilton City, it hadn't been updated (apparently Hamilton City FC will be playing at the Hellenic Centre in London). http://canadiansoccerleague.ca/hamilton-city/#clubdata

However, if you go to London City's website (http://www.londoncity.ca/), the top post on the page says the following:

"London City Soccer Club is still based in London City.

News that London City is moving to the Hamilton are untrue. London City is still a member of the CSL still based in London City. The former owner of London City in agreement with CSL dropped out of London City rights in exchange for Hamilton City rights. London City rights CSL has given to the local owner, and London City will play CSL season 2016.  Management London City Soccer Club. Thank you."

So, unsprisingly, the CSL continues to be a cluster fuck.

"

Archived