Hamilton CPL Supporters Thread

-Hammer-

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Gang, I've got three tickets to the Hamilton Soccer Hall of Fame dinner on Friday May 12th. Its a fun night of drinks and local soccer, Tancredi is being inducted this year and we'll be sitting at the Ticats table. If you're interested in a ticket message me

• 1 month later...

One think I wanted to float to the group, did we have a preference towards being in the endzone in temp stands (like the Fury) or staying on one of the sides.

Having been at the Fury vs TFC game in Ottawa, I personally found pros and cons to both sides.

In the stands

Pros

Closer access to merch, larger beer selection locations and other ammenities

More intimate and closer to other fans and sections

Seating and space is far better

Cons

Much further from the pitch & tender

Harder to fill out the section

In the Endzone

Pros

Has an almost VIP feel to it, being able to walk right down onto the field without interruption.

Had a dedicated beer stand, right there

Right at pitch level, close to the tender

Much easier to stretch your legs and discuss the team during the half

Cons

Felt a bit disconnected from the rest of the stadium, also got a feeling that people didn't realize that it wasn't a big deal to join the section

Had to cleanup the beer cans after we were done (which was no big deal)

Stands were wooden, and while not temp seating bad, did feel a bit rickety and crowded

As a side note, I wonder if there would be a consideration for us to just purchase a public keg for a game from the team if we did go the endzone route. Not sure how that would work with the stadium liquor license though. Something maybe Fury fans could ask.

24 minutes ago, -Hammer- said:

One think I wanted to float to the group, did we have a preference towards being in the endzone in temp stands (like the Fury) or staying on one of the sides.

Having been at the Fury vs TFC game in Ottawa, I personally found pros and cons to both sides.

In the stands

Pros

Cons

In the Endzone

Pros

Has an almost VIP feel to it, being able to walk right down onto the field without interruption.

Cons

Felt a bit disconnected from the rest of the stadium, also got a feeling that people didn't realize that it wasn't a big deal to join the section

Stands were wooden, and while not temp seating bad, did feel a bit rickety and crowded

As a side note, I wonder if there would be a consideration for us to just purchase a public keg for a game from the team if we did go the endzone route. Not sure how that would work with the stadium liquor license though. Something maybe Fury fans could ask.

That would not be allowed as per the Liquor License Act in Ontario. Special draught pour systems are allowed but they have to be monitored and have the ability to be shut off by staff.

2 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

That would not be allowed as per the Liquor License Act in Ontario. Special draught pour systems are allowed but they have to be monitored and have the ability to be shut off by staff.

Dangit

The Ontario liquor nanny state strikes again

7 minutes ago, -Hammer- said:

Dangit

The Ontario liquor nanny state strikes again

Ya this province is pretty ridiculous when it comes to liquor sales.

i looked at either fabricating or purchasing one of these units and they're very expensive. They have self contained units that could do exactly what I'm thinking but they're so expensive I wouldn't see the team purchasing one.

8 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Ya this province is pretty ridiculous when it comes to liquor sales.

i looked at either fabricating or purchasing one of these units and they're very expensive. They have self contained units that could do exactly what I'm thinking but they're so expensive I wouldn't see the team purchasing one.

Yeah, speak nothing of the ridiculous monopoly that the big three brewing companies have over the beer store.

47 minutes ago, -Hammer- said:

In the stands

Pros

Cons

In the Endzone

Pros

Cons

I would suggest doing it in the stands.  FC Edmonton used to have it this way, and I found it tended to make other fans in nearby noisier.  That being said, you kinda have to keep it a little more PG13, which is too bad.  But for the overall effect I'd say it's far superior.  

If you're stuck in the end the noise can kinda drown out before it reaches the other fans(especially if the stadium isn't closed off, the sound just disperses) and they tend to be quieter and just sit there.

Just my experience though.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I thought I would bump this thread since the Hamilton Supporters on here have fallen off the map! There is a meeting tomorrow night at 8PM at the Capitol Bar on King Street, the link is below and yes I  know many of you already know about this from FB!, a very important meeting apparently, I hope to see some V's there!

http://bartonbattalion.ca

2 hours ago, HfxCeltic said:

That Barton Street Battalion hat is pretty nice looking. Well done on the merch.

I'm bringing these tonight   :)

Not sure what BSB will do with them, give them away or sell them to raise money.  Up to them. 

XyMljoa2y3Yzit6-fwE7JlHOTkbjvDt2AWX2chyY

1 hour ago, grande said:

So?! How was it?

It was a good meet up, lots of good football discussion, no real breaking news but Alan was able to talk about plans for the group for the upcoming Canada/Germany match and give James some props for what he has done for this group and wish him the best in his new role with the team! It was great to see some supporters come in from out of town and Jamie was there to impart some of his wisdom on us! I look forward to more pub nights, these should grow as the excitement of the new team becomes a reality!

5 minutes ago, admin said:

Test Picture

Does this come through? 

What are you viewing it on? Mobile? Tablet? Computer....

beware-of-doug.jpg

This one works for me but the Battalion shirt image from yesterday is still not showing.  Was yesterday and looks great for the record. 

Archived