Netherlands vs Canada, April 10th in Eindhoven

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-wnt-to-face-netherlands-in-april-p159264-preview-1

http://www.onsoranje.nl/nieuws/artikel/20700/oranje-eindhoven-tegen-canada

Match time: Sunday April 10th 4pm Netherlands (10am Eastern/ 7am Pacific)

Broadcast: CANvNED_EN2.pngHere: http://www.canadasoccer.com/livestream-p159335

Tickets: http://voetbal.iticketsro.com/KNVB/ (they are about €10)

Any Voyageurs going to this? I know http://www.thevoyageurs.org/profile/90896-deadlynx/ was thinking of making the trip. (I guess she may be the lone Voyageur for us at both this game and all the Algarve Cup games in March). Major respect to her.

[ 1 ] Won't be seeing Melis, Martens and Miedema line  for this match. Manon Melis ,at 29 years old, has retired from international play to focus on the Seattle Reign.

UPDATE:

[ 2 ]  The roster is out. No  Summer Clarke ?  Injury ? She scored against Belgium in the 2016 Algarve Cup.

CANADA

GK – Stephanie Labbé, age 29, from Edmonton, AB/ Washington Spirit (NWSL)
GK – Sabrina D'Angelo, age 23, from Welland, ON/ Western New York Flash (NWSL)
D – Kadeisha Buchanan, age 20, from Brampton, ON /West Virginia University (NCAA)
D – Rebecca Quinn, age 20, from Toronto, ON / Duke University (NCAA)
D – Shelina Zadorsky, age 23, from London, ON/ Washington Spirit (NWSL)
D – Josée Bélanger, age 29, from Coaticook, QC./ Orlando Pride (NWSL)
D – Allysha Chapman, age 27, from Courtice, ON/ Houston Dash (NWSL)
D – Rhian Wilkinson, age 33, from Baie-d'Urfé, QC/Unattached
M – Jessie Fleming, age 18, from London, ON/ London NorWest Optimist SC
M – Ashley Lawrence, age 20, from Caledon, ON/ West Virginia University (NCAA)
M – Diana Matheson, age 31, from Oakville, ON/ Washington Spirit (NWSL)
M – Deanne Rose, age 17, from Alliston, ON/ Scarborough GS United
M – Sophie Schmidt, age 27, from Abbotsford, BC/ FFC Frankfurt (Frauen-Bundesliga)
M – Desiree Scott, age 28, from Winnipeg, MB/ FC Kansas City (NWSL)
F – Janine Beckie, age 21, from Highlands Ranch, CO./Houston Dash (NWSL)
F – Gabrielle Carle, age 17, from Lévis, QC/ Dynamo Québec
F – Nichelle Prince, age 21, from Ajax, ON/ The Ohio State University (NCAA)
F – Christine Sinclair, age 32, from Burnaby, BC/ Portland Thorns FC (NWSL)
F – Melissa Tancredi, age 34, from Ancaster, ON/ KIF Örebro (Damallsvenskan)

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-women-s-national-team-roster-for-netherlands-international-friendly-p159316

2 hours ago, deadlynx said:

now.. you guys gotta find me a canadian girlfriend, that I can marry her and become a canadian citizen! or  speak to canada and tell them what I do for your girls! lol

If I was a billionaire I'd fly you first-class to Toronto for the 2 home games we will have!

2 hours ago, deadlynx said:

jap, i will go!!!!

@Olympique_de_Marseille remember when you made me an honorary canadian? I feel I earned it! All for my ladies in red!

Lol; glad you can make it to the game! :lol: Take a few pics like you did at Algarve but this time if you can, upload them to the site here.

thing is: i can`t fucken get a ticket. you need to register to get one, and apparently i can`t fill in a german postal code!
3 sections already sold out and as far as i can see, there are only around 300 seats or something left? woah !!!!
imagine i drive all the way from germs to stand in front of a sold out stadium! i tried to write them, that we can get a solution asap

6 hours ago, deadlynx said:

thing is: i can`t fucken get a ticket. you need to register to get one, and apparently i can`t fill in a german postal code!

5 hours ago, Saviola7 said:

Does it just need to be valid? Can you not just enter 1111 AA (Dutch postal codes are 4 numbers + two letters)?

In the past to buy things in the UK where I need a postal code I just used the postal code of random bookstores (like Waterstones) and it worked.

Here is a bookstore in Eindhoven from the Bruna chain:

Kruisstraat 165, 5612CH, Eindhoven . Use their postal code and see if it works!

[ 1 ]  FT.  Netherlands 2 - 0 New Zealand ( Football Ferns) . 2 goals by Shanice Van de Sanden ( a 23-year old pacy winger who recently joined Liverpool Ladies in the FAWSL ) getting the start, up  front,  in place of the recently retired Manon Melis. Also, no Vivianne Miedema who was not selected for today's line up -- saving her for Canada perhaps?   Side note: New Zealand has absolutely no offense without Hannah Wilkinson who tore her ACL in August 2015.

[ 2 ]  New Zealand, Netherlands, Canada -- it's like a Group A reunion ot the 2015 WWC.

[ 3 ]  Netherland's starting eleven, April 7 2016:

12923366_1282806285066795_46223982795576

[ 1 ] The Canadian midfield was better than the Dutch midfield today -- It was key to Canada's victory. On the defensive  side of the game, all three midfielders (  Scott, Matheson and Schmidt ) kept coming back  to win the ball and to break up the opponent's attack and then to work the ball forward. In contrast, Spitse, Van De Donk, and Middag did not provide enough service to Vivianne Miedema  and when Miedema did get the ball , Kadeisha Buchanan was there.

[ 2 ] For close to an hour,  Ashley Lawrence ( showing real technical prowess ) dominated the Dutch winger Shanice Van De Sanden at both ends of the pitch. The Netherlands should really  try to bring  Manon Melis back into the side.

[ 3 ] Janine Beckie is composed and clinical. It's great for Canada to have another sniper to replace some of those lost Tancredi goals and to take some of the pressure off of Sinclair.

Agree with tc-in-bc.

The team had good structure and organization. And as the players become more comfortable in the system and Herdman finds more players suited for the system, we're seeing progress.

Ashley Lawrence was really good playing LB and then RB. It seems like it is a better position to showcase her skills. Buchanan is also appearing to take the next step in her evolution by getting more involved on the offensive side. Her pass for Beckie's goal was sublime.

Labbe made no bad judgement calls as she has been prone to do. Everyone in the starting 11 was generally solid. Though, Belanger wasn't as good offensively as we have seen her in the past year. 

The livestream link worked for me on-demand.  So, those who missed it live can try again.

A decent performance from Canada, although I thought they didn't press the ball carrier enough.  I thought the Dutch did that better.  I'm still groaning over Beckie's chance at 86 minutes.  She had a good game, but I wish she'd done better that time.

Lawrence just keeps improving.  She's just the kind of player that you hope for.

Finally, I'm still feeling good about how Zadorsky has worked out as a center back.  I vaguely recall her playing midfield before, so it feels like we got something good out of the blue.

I was working so missed the game, but from the highlights it seems the speed of attack was much higher than I'm used to seeing. Often when we regain possession we take our time to get reestablished, but it seemed in this game we were pushing forward with much more intent. Was that the case in the whole game or just the impression from the highlights?

9 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

I was working so missed the game, but from the highlights it seems the speed of attack was much higher than I'm used to seeing. Often when we regain possession we take our time to get reestablished, but it seemed in this game we were pushing forward with much more intent. Was that the case in the whole game or just the impression from the highlights?

I felt we were slow to get going the first 10 minutes or so, but for most of the game we played like that. 

Archived