FIFA eligibility rules / one time switch - the curious case of Apostolos Giannou

BCM

12 hours ago, Blackdude said:

It's not a double switch because he never played an official match for Australia before. Even if it was true, the wikipedia give matches that never happened so I highly doubt that it's true what is said on wikipedia. 

The info is actually on Giannou's agent website. Says he played and scored in U17 AFC qualifiers. Wikipedia is a copy and paste. The same agent that helped secure his eligibility for Australia. Go figure. 

17 hours ago, AvroArrow said:

I looked for "internet blowhard" (which I assume is your profession) on that poll's list but didn't see it.  Perhaps it was missing from the possible voting options?

Do you actually think I would have posted that link without first ensuring my (mostly) profession was rated up higher on it? 

AvroArrow: you have this great name symbolizing Canadian invention and vision and initiative, but you behave more like the stone-brained Canadians that killed it off and were proud of having done so. 

15 hours ago, BCM1555362349 said:

The info is actually on Giannou's agent website. Says he played and scored in U17 AFC qualifiers. Wikipedia is a copy and paste. The same agent that helped secure his eligibility for Australia. Go figure. 

Thing is Australia didn't play AFC qualifiers in 2006. So, that's why I believe that this is baloney. He may have play a friendly, but youth freindlies don't captie. I could play a youth friendly for let's say Canada even though I wasn't eligible for Canada. 

1 hour ago, Blackdude said:

Thing is Australia didn't play AFC qualifiers in 2006. So, that's why I believe that this is baloney. He may have play a friendly, but youth freindlies don't captie. I could play a youth friendly for let's say Canada even though I wasn't eligible for Canada. 

He knows blackdude, i posted this on the previous page.

On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 10:37 PM, Blackdude said:

It's not a double switch because he never played an official match for Australia before. Even if it was true, the wikipedia give matches that never happened so I highly doubt that it's true what is said on wikipedia. 

8 hours ago, jpg75 said:

He knows blackdude, i posted this on the previous page.

Correct. Was just pointing out it's the agent that is disseminating what seems to be incorrect information, not just some anonymous wikipedia user. 

Archived