CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE

Robert

17 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but nonetheless. Good luck with lawsuits these days, people's patience for that kind of political correctness had died in Canada.  Three Mounties and a Parliament Hill monument guard being murdered in cold blood has kind of taken the sympathy away from that kind of stupidity.  You're stupid enough to run on the field who knows what you might do.  You might be an innocent drunk you might be ISIS, it's act now and ask questions later.  BTW Garret not Garth

Do us and yourself a favour leave Parliament HIll out of it, what are you Joe McCanada or something? I mean, you are going to use what happened to win an online forum argument, that is really the lowest of low. Is there nothing sacred anymore, that is really sad Joe.

BTW I posted on his games weekly from second tier Sweden for a few years, on this board, so if I get his name wrong, I can be excused. I've still written it right about three hundred times more than you have, genius.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Coramoor said:

Why, there was no threat or risk to the players, this isn't the type of place where security needs to be super strong because there isn't a risk of real harm happening.

We don't know if there is a risk or not. Nobody knows if one of the guys has a knife in his pocket (4 of the guys kept their pants on, so I hope you don't retort "he didn't have pants".)

The point is, this is what on field security is for.  For them to stand around and walk at no more than a casual pace while these guys jumped around the field was a disgrace. Plain and simple.  They essentially waited until the guys ran in their direction.

So, either they were lazy, didn't give a shit, were horribly out of running shape and didn't want to sprint 50 meters, or untrained.... either way, it was wrong.  What if, the one in a million chance, one of the guys did knife a player?  What would we say about security then?

As for Kusch.....  the security did nothing and once it was the 4th guy running around, he had had enough.  Should he have done it? Probably not.... however, this kind of stuff spins out of control if you don't put a lid on it.  If anyone called him to task legally for it, a lawyer could easily argue Kusch was tackling a man headed in the direction of the players in order to protect them because security was not even attempting to move beyond a casual walk.  

BC Place security is pathetic for the most part; this was no surprise.  We see how they operate at Whitecaps games all the time.  I guess that is what you expect for 11 bucks an hour (yes, they do make 11,12,13 type of thing); might as well not have security if that is how useless they are.  They really are nothing more than stationary security cameras; so why not just fire the lot and put up more cameras.  The end result is about the same.

most stadium security is like that though, even if they are police officers like in the US, relatively useless. The only place it isn't, is where it has to be because there are seriously security concerns. I still remember that video of the teenage girl running around and touching ballplayers butts while security chased pathetically behind, sure she's probably no threat but what's the point of security if you can't take down a teenage girl quickly and effectively.

Dear Senor D. Decio de Maria Serrano,

On behalf of the people of Canada, who are very passionate about futbol, I would like to extend our sincerest apologies to yourself, the Federacion Mexicana du Futbol Asociacion, its players and supporters for the inexcusable lack of security at the March 25, 2016 World Cup qualifying match between the national teams of Mexico and Canada at BC Place Stadium.

Apparently, Mr. Victor Montagliani, the president of the Canadian Soccer Association, was too excited and busy giving his daily updates for the past month or two on how many tickets he had sold to this match, to comprehend that as the number of sold tickets increased, so too did the need to address the very important matter of increased security.  Obviously, his excitement, no doubt, as he sold 54,798 tickets, a Canadian record for a national team of any sport, got the better of his inexperience.

Of course, more experienced and sober-minded individuals like yourself understand how important safety concerns are when it comes to hosting crowds this large.  Obviously, selling 54,798 tickets, at an average price of CDN $40 per ticket, would lead any reasonable person to conclude that allocating at least $2 per ticket toward adequate safety for the officials, players and fans would be a prudent and responsible decision.

I have no doubt whatsoever that you will provide our officials, players and travelling supporters with the very best possible security when our two great nations meet again at the Estadio Azteca on Tuesday.  Hopefully, your world-class players will not punish us too severely on the field for the lack of respect shown by the president of the Canadian Soccer Association.

Yours respectfully,

Robert Janning

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to apologize for my mentally ill uncles letter writing campaign. Ever since his invisible dog friend died he just hasn't been himself and lashes out at the smallest annoyances. If you could find it within yourself to humour him and write back with some official sounding reply it would mean the world to him and I.

Sincerely,

Robert Jannings niece

p.s. please write in all CAPITALS, he likes it better that way.

On 26 March, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Robert said:

That's exactly the difference between you and I, cause there's no way I'd settle for that!  Although I guess if you have a 1-8 performance on your cv, you would consider 0-3 an improvement!

As long as we're discussing the language people use, it's 'between you and me'.

On 26 March, 2016 at 9:24 AM, Robert said:

Typical language for someone who lacks the words to say what's on his mind.

Not to support the letter, but we had an incident in our section (410) where a fight broke out involving half a dozen people about 5 rows in front of us. I don't know the cause, but it didn't appear to be fan group vs fan group. However, it went on for quite a long time and it was only the sober involvement of other fans in the vicinity who broke up the fight, not security. When the lone yellow jacket finally showed up,  things were already breaking up. 

If it would have been fan on fan violence related to the game, and there were fans of both sides in the area, things like this can escalate very quickly.  There should be enough security to intervene much quicker than they did.

6 hours ago, FootieFool said:

Not to support the letter, but we had an incident in our section (410) where a fight broke out involving half a dozen people about 5 rows in front of us. I don't know the cause, but it didn't appear to be fan group vs fan group. However, it went on for quite a long time and it was only the sober involvement of other fans in the vicinity who broke up the fight, not security. When the lone yellow jacket finally showed up,  things were already breaking up. 

If it would have been fan on fan violence related to the game, and there were fans of both sides in the area, things like this can escalate very quickly.  There should be enough security to intervene much quicker than they did.

So something did happen, or are you talking about something that could hypothetically happen anywhere?

Going into match day 4, Mexico finds itself in the group’s driver’s seat with a maximum 9 points from 3 matches.  A single point against Canada on Tuesday will make it a mathematical certainty that the Mexicans will earn a spot in the Hex.

With one match remaining against each of their three group opponents the Mexicans are therefore in the enviable position to influence which other country from this group will advance with them to the Hex.  Which of the other three countries do the Mexicans feel they have the best chance of securing 6 points from in the Hex?  Where would they rather travel to in next year's Hex?  Vancouver, Tegucigalpa or San Salvador?

After Friday’s match at BC Place Stadium, it’s pretty obvious that the only way Canada could get a tie at the Azteca, is if the Mexican’s give Canada tie.  A penalty kick with a red card ejection would certainly be one way of achieving this. (There are other ways, but I don’t want to give away all my secrets.) A point for Canada in Mexico City might be enough to advance to the Hex, as a tie would not hurt our goal differential either if it comes down to that.

Maybe, that’s why Victor should swallow his arrogance and apologize to the Mexican soccer authorities for the security fiasco at BC Place last Friday.  We all make mistakes, but only a real man will admit his mistakes and try to fix them.

On the other hand, remaining arrogantly silent on his security shortcomings will not place Mr. Montagliani in a sympathetic light with Mexican officials, and a Canadian massacre on Tuesday might be in the offing, leaving the door open to an El Salvadoran or Honduran tie or win over Mexico.  Remember, Mexico is in the driver’s seat.

On 26/3/2016 at 10:08 PM, squizz1402635577 said:

Guys, just wanna let you know, I just talked to a super Internet expert (his avatar was a Guy Fawkes mask), and he told me--and I dunno if this is true but I'll pass it on anyway--that when you write a letter on a message board, it doesn't always go to the intended recipient.

squizz, it is a perfectly legitimate way of making an argument on an internet forum, so stop baiting the poor guy. I mean, it has more literary quality than the majority of posts here, at least it has a bit of creativity (generally absent on the board) however much you disagree with his point of view.

19 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

squizz, it is a perfectly legitimate way of making an argument on an internet forum, so stop baiting the poor guy. I mean, it has more literary quality than the majority of posts here, at least it has a bit of creativity (generally absent on the board) however much you disagree with his point of view.

For what it is worth, Paul Dolan was on TSN 1040 in Vancouver on Saturday and he stated (I am paraphrasing) his view that BC Place security was negligent. He also indicated that it was his understanding that the CSA expects to be fined by FIFA for each instance of unauthorized entry onto the pitch.   

Just now, Soro17 said:

For what it is worth, Paul Dolan was on TSN 1040 in Vancouver on Saturday and he stated (I am paraphrasing) his view that BC Place security was negligent. He also indicated that it was his understanding that the CSA expects to be fined by FIFA for each instance of unauthorized entry onto the pitch.   

Of course, it was another bit of amateurism from the CSA, that is obvious. However he expresses it, Robert is right in saying that the CSA, who organized the game at BC Place, was negligent and uttimately responsible for the negligence. 

I prefer one person making a valid point in a strange way, than thirty-five internet losers feeling the need to gang up on him because of the way he said it. 

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Of course, it was another bit of amateurism from the CSA, that is obvious. However he expresses it, Robert is right in saying that the CSA, who organized the game at BC Place, was negligent and uttimately responsible for the negligence. 

I prefer one person making a valid point in a strange way, than thirty-five internet losers feeling the need to gang up on him because of the way he said it. 

What, you didn't like my letter Jeffrey?

22 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I'm pretty sure that 100% of us agree that security wasn't up to the required standard on Friday night. Unfortunately, Robert padded that very legitimate point with a whole load of other rubbish. Apologize so that Mexico might throw a future match between us? Seriously? 

Archived