2018 FIFA WCQ CONCACAF Rd 4, Matchday 4: Tues 29 Mar 2016, Canada @ Mexico, 1030pm ET, 730pm PT

Yohan

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ob1 said:

Maybe, Floro is saving Edgar for when were down by 2 and really need to take it to Mexico

This immediately reminded me of last cycle v. Panama. Down 2 late, when we got the double subs - Pacheco and Ledgerwood to the rescue.

Edgar is not only one of our top defenders, but can also occasionally strike a ball pretty pretty well from distance and hit nice long crossfield passes to set up quick counters on the break.  

I am no expert, but that seems exactly like the kind of skillset that would be useful in Azteca where we can really only try to soak up the constant pressure and capitalize on the occasional break out of our half.

In the do or die match in Toronto vs CR at the Gold Cup last year, Floro had no qualms about eventually having two CBs in the midfield (Straith and then Hainault joining him); he has a guy in Edgar who has played d-mid for us as well as at club level on a number of occasions and who is playing regularly throughout this current season, yet he opts to go with another out-of-season guy in Ledgerwood?  

In the lyrics of that old Joe Jackson song, "if my eyes don't deceive me there's somethin' going wrong around here."

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

Edgar is not only one of our top defenders, but can also occasionally strike a ball pretty pretty well from distance and hit nice long crossfield passes to set up quick counters on the break.  

I am no expert, but that seems exactly like the kind of skillset that would be useful in Azteca where we can really only try to soak up the constant pressure and capitalize on the occasional break out of our half.

I'm just at a loss (as usual). I sort of get Jakovic, who is generally (relative to his line-mates) calm and confident on the ball. But Straith over Edgar when long ball is on the table...its unfathomable.

I'm flabbergasted by Edgar and Henry at rb. Did you see that clip where Arfield has the ball, Henry runs down the wing late, Arfield gives it to him on the wing and he immediately lets it go out of touch under no pressure? Another time he did it at mexicos corner flag. Henry should never be in that position he's uncomfortable you can see it all over his body language

2 minutes ago, Supersonic78 said:

So if I'm David Edgar and I know that I'm clearly a better player than every single player on the backline and I can't get in the lineup, why do I show up in September?

seriously. 

floro is going to lose the respect of the players. 

osorio. edgar. cavallini

5 minutes ago, Supersonic78 said:

So if I'm David Edgar and I know that I'm clearly a better player than every single player on the backline and I can't get in the lineup, why do I show up in September?

He'll probably have to play for Hoilett loooooooool

Seriously, if we're starting James over Edgar... don't even bother dressing Hoilett

It's pretty hard to justify not starting James over Edgar.  I'm pretty speachless to explain it myself.

I don't think it's going to be match deciding because I don't think we have the players to match up with Mexico; but you have to put the best lineup out there to at least compete.  This doesn't look like the best lineup we have on the back 4.

Archived