WCQ - Canada vs. Mexico Mar. 25th, 2016 Pre-Game Thread

BrennanFan

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Soccerpro said:

Well, we currently have 3-4 Canadians starting in MLS every week. That will improve our program, right?

We have many of them in the USL-2. It'll take another 4-8 years before we see more Canadians as MLS starters.  The CSA needs to either endorse more NASL teams soon or get there so-called CPL off the ground.  We only recently got all 3 MLS teams with academy pyramids over the last 5-6 years.

13 minutes ago, bwilly11 said:

The story today it not the loss. Its the progress this country has made. We are a playing a top talent in world football, we can not expect much. Just be happy, this is a monumental day despite the result. Our future is very, very bright.

I get the optimism, but the new dawn of Canadian footy has been just on the horizon for as long as I have been following the Nats.  Hard not to be cynical when you see the same shit happening cycle after cycle.

Guys, we have winter 8 months of the year and barely any football culture in this country. Mexico has been a consistent force for decades. We got 55k tonight and things are looking up against a powerhouse. Settle down, good things are happening. We can still get in the Hex.

This should be enough for Floro to realize that the current personnel he's using up top have no interest in actually winning. 

I hope Arfield is healthy on Tuesday. If the backline can play like it did for the first 15 to 20 minutes for the whole game, Hutch just might be able to cycle that ball up to Arfield. 

2 minutes ago, king1010 said:

I wouldnt even play arfield or hoilett next game. Both on yellows. We need them in honduras. The path to the hex depends on a result in honduras. Not mexico. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we get screwed in goal differential at this point though. Can't afford to get blown out in Azteca.

1 minute ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

This should be enough for Floro to realize that the current personnel he's using up top have no interest in actually winning. 

I hope Arfield is healthy on Tuesday. If the backline can play like it did for the first 15 to 20 minutes for the whole game, Hutch just might be able to cycle that ball up to Arfield. 

No

1 minute ago, Soccerpro said:

Man, Cavallini would be perfect for this types of games. He would battle, fight and scrape his way to goal. Precisely the type of player we seem to lack. Oh well, what can you do.

If Cavallini refused a call-up, by respect for the guys that represented us tonight, Floro shouldn't call him anymore.

Just now, nolbertos said:

Is Cavallini still with the program?? Thought he turned the last 2 callups and so far seems uninterested in playing for Canada anymore.

Gavin  Day said he didn't think Cavallini has any interest in international football at this point and he would be surprised if he returned to the squad anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we get screwed in goal differential at this point though. Can't afford to get blown out in Azteca.

If we get a result in honduras and beat el salvador at home goal differntial means nothing 

Archived