PREDICTIONS CAN/MEX 25 & 29 Mar.2016

MtlMario

1 minute ago, JAVIERF said:

i think that was that game that  radzinski injured  his elbow somehow landed in concrete and had to be replaced  .....radzinski had that extra pace what a classy forward he was, he invented rooney

Radzinski invented Rooney, I love it haha but actually that was Honduras at home.

If there's one thing history has shown us recently it's that Mexico tends to struggle in qualifying at times, let's hope this is their rough window.  

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, theaub said:

Didn't it end with Radz doing an on-set interview wearing a Sack the CSA shirt?  In retrospect what shitty times those were.

I believe that as the Costa Rica friendly at bmo in 2007. First game at bmo

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I believe that as the Costa Rica friendly at bmo in 2007. First game at bmo

No, that was that game against Mexico where Radz threw his jersey in the V's section where someone who made him a plaque got it (I can't recall his name, but that was a classy gesture to give him the jersey) and Radz was tossed a sack the CSA t-shirt.

The t-shirts were created for that game against Costa Rica, yes, but he wasn't interviewed wearing black.

Place your bets folks, tonight's game in Vancouver will go like this:

2-0 at half. (Larin opener, Johnson) 

3-1 at Fulltime. (Hernandez, Ricketts) 

Canada survives the late push by the atmosphere and the bunkering defence, and take advantage of a counter attack) 

On 18/3/2016 at 10:34 PM, JAVIERF said:

This Mexico team is not a voodoo team AT ALL ,  for god's sake,  get some grip fellows..... Canada can beat them at home with the correct approach....and away is still doable/....cut the crappy inferior syndrome....you know inferiority complex in footie.......We beat them for fun all the time,  and they hate and curse our european guts, looks......and background....just because we are mostly blonde....... bring them to their knees home and away....  

Indeed Mexico is not a voodoo team, I think no team in the world is, nor Argentina or anyone, i agree with you that Canadians should stop it with the inferior syndrome in futbol....

I disagree that Argentina beats us for fun all the time, as a matter of fact everytime Argentina plays Mexico I dont think you consider its going to be an easy game, do you?..last time i checked Mexico scares the crap out of Brazil everytime we face them and in the last 10 years we usually walk out with the win..... of course history has shown Argentina has always been better than Mexico in soccer not arguing there, its true. But its a game and anything can happen in 90 minutes, that is why is so God damn beautiful....

ohh and another thing... the comment about the looks and heritage is totally out of place, that has nothing to do with sport and just proves to me that you know little, if nothing about Mexico as a country.....and NO we dont hate you, we have a rivalry, thats different, i have amazing friends in Argentina and you guys are actually pretty cool....

and to close Yes i think Canada has to keep in their mind that they have to bring us to their knees in order to beat us,  but not just against Mexico they have to keep that for every other game.....as for tonights game I think Mexico is going to win, but I am sure as hell is not going to be easy.

Have a great day you all and enjoy the game, lets hope is good and fair!!!

Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 2.25.51 PM.png

A few interesting notes: 1. A three game streak of home draws; 2. Our record in B.C.; 3. we really don't play Mexico often enough - we should be hosting them for a friendly every couple of years, if our goal is to play with the "big boys".

1-1 tonight (probably with some measure of heartbreak, but ultimately a solid result)

0-2 at Mexico

Also, the attendance tonight will be roughly equal to the last six matches on this list combined.

Archived