PREDICTIONS CAN/MEX 25 & 29 Mar.2016

MtlMario

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Soccerpro said:

Canada 0 Mexico 2

Mexico 3 Canada

This is the best Mexican team in a long, long time.

I think this is something most on the board and on Twitter keep forgetting. This Mexican squad is comprised of a lot of the players who won the Olympic gold and are touted as a golden generation of players. I think we'll be well done to keep it respectable. It's a shame to me that so many potential new fans will likely see us get handled at BC Place, but who knows, maybe we spike Mexico's drinking water with exlax and they suddenly have issues competing. I will be happy if we don't get run off the park in Vancouver and have ZERO expectations for ANYTHING from the game at Azteca.

Canada 0 Mexico 2

Mexico 4 Canada 0

Now, we all should know the more important fixtures are the ties between Honduras and El Salvador. Obviously the best case scenario is probably El Salvador winning one and drawing the other. We DON'T WANT Honduras to get a win - they need to be all but done before we play away to them in September. I firmly believe we can beat El Salvador when we likely play them in Vancouver in September as well. We just need to football gods to left up the Salvadorans for their home tie so they can get that W. I don't think two draws between them is good for us as then Honduras only needs to get SOMETHING out of their match vs. Mexico (cuz I don't see us getting anything when we go down there).

57 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Canada 1 Mexico 1 (this is more in hope than expectation)

Mexico 3 Canada 0

There is an old Italian saying that HOPE is always the last one to die( it might lose something in the translation but you know what I mean)

31 minutes ago, squizz1402635577 said:

Additionally, for what it's worth (which is also nothing), Canada's last three home World Cup qualifiers against Mexico have all been draws.

This is a good point. Mexico have never been great in Canada.

But Mexico's domestic league has perhaps never been stronger than it is now, and they have a lot of players on European champions league clubs right now.

Just now, Soccerpro said:

This is a good point. Mexico have never been great in Canada.

But Mexico's domestic league has perhaps never been stronger than it is now, and they have a lot of players on European champions league clubs right now.

Indeed; historical trends are interesting but have no bearing on the games about to be played. I just wanted to sprinkle a bit of optimism in here, for reasons unclear even to myself.

6 minutes ago, squizz1402635577 said:

Indeed; historical trends are interesting but have no bearing on the games about to be played. I just wanted to sprinkle a bit of optimism in here, for reasons unclear even to myself.

I have no prediction for our home game until we know if the roof will be open or not at BC Place. It should be a cool night. Will you ask Squizz? As Bobbo said, Allez Le Roof! ;)

21 minutes ago, squizz1402635577 said:

I think previous results can go into the mind set sometimes. An example would be Canada performing badly in Central America do to previous results in their head.

2 hours ago, squizz1402635577 said:

Yeah, I hastily threw that together based on the CSA's records search... which, apparently, has some flaws. Edited now.

Ah well, if you go back 5 games we did get a draw at Azteca - though it's a singular event in Canada's soccer history.

This Mexico team is not a voodoo team AT ALL ,  for god's sake,  get some grip fellows..... Canada can beat them at home with the correct approach....and away is still doable/....cut the crappy inferior syndrome....you know inferiority complex in footie.......We beat them for fun all the time,  and they hate and curse our european guts, looks......and background....just because we are mostly blonde....... bring them to their knees home and away....  

Archived