PREDICTIONS CAN/MEX 25 & 29 Mar.2016

MtlMario

I thought it was finally prediction time for next round with selections coming this week. Lets see if BrennanFan & Floortom can keep their perfect streak going from last round. Good luck to all.

CANADA 1 - MEXICO 0 (A LATE GOAL BY LARIN)  25/3/2016

CANADA 0 - MEXICO 2  ( DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHO SCORES)  29/3/2016

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopeful me: 1-0 win at home and 0-0 draw in Mexico. And El Salvador and Honduras drawing both their games = C 8 points, M 7 points, E 3 points, H 2 points

Realistic me: 0-0 draw at home and 2-0 loss in Mexico. And El Salvador and Honduras each win one of their games = M 10 points, C 5 points, E 4 points, H 3 points

Pessimistic me: 2-0 loss at home  and 3-0 loss in Mexico. And Honduras wins both games = M 12 points, H 6 points, C 4 points, E 1 point

I love that we'll have a huge crowd for this match, but realistically ...

CANADA 0-2 Mexico

Mexico 3-0 CANADA

While we've made leaps and bounds defensively, I just don't feel that we are capable of consistently scoring goals internationally yet.  And Mexico have some lethal goalscorers.

I would be extremely proud to be proven wrong.

1-0 in Vancouver: Mexico dominates throughout the match, but Arfield scores late against the run of play on his international debut.

0-2 in Mexico: Canada parks the bus well and create a few chances on the counter, but it's one-way traffic otherwise. Corona scores with a quarter-hour left and Jurgen Damn seals it towards the end.

I predict a 2-1 loss at BC Place, Floro's turtle turtle  helps keep the score respectable, then in Mexico City return leg, I predict a 3-0 loss.  The altitude sucks up the air from the players and we just can't run anymore. A tie at BC Place would be ideal for me, so I won't be surprised if somehow Canada defends the entire 90 minutes at BC Place.

Well    here  it  goes    my   heart  says.

Canada   1    Mexico  0   in  Van  city.

Mexico    3    Canada   0   in  Azteca.

My  Brain  says.

Canada   1     Mexico   1

Mexico     4       Canada  0

I think Floro's system is better suited for us to play better teams. Defend(a strength of our) and counter. I think we can get a result in Mexico, I think it will be reminiscent of the Impacts Champions league performances last year. I can see us potentially winning both games while also losing both games, execution and discipline will be key.
1-1 in Vancouver
1-2 in Mexico

Archived