Ricardo Ferreira

17 minutes ago, Addona said:

Yes, but do you know what would help us get farther in the GC?  Those 3 players ...

that's true but we need to be able to do well regardless of whether players join or not. It's not just about those players, this goes for any other players like them, who have more than one choice. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Ruffian said:

A player like Ferreira might be even more important right now than Tabla or other uncommitted duel nationals because of the position he plays. If he stepped in to the team, there would be a significant improvement in the defence.

Have you seen him play? Asking honestly as I've never seen any game action from him.

1 minute ago, lazlo_80 said:

Have you seen him play? Asking honestly as I've never seen any game action from him.

A few youtube videos, caught some poor quality streams of games but basing most of my opinion on the level he plays at and other peoples comments on how he has played. Seems like he would be a step up from Jakovic.

8 hours ago, Ruffian said:

A few youtube videos, caught some poor quality streams of games but basing most of my opinion on the level he plays at and other peoples comments on how he has played. Seems like he would be a step up from Jakovic.

Makes sense. I mean he plays at a really good level in a position we have very little viable options.

The only time i've seen him play was at Benfica at the end of 2015-16 season. Benfica won 4-1 (?) i think. Ferreira wasn't directly responsible for any of the goals, but as a team Braga looked like they were out of their league.

I think I watched that one as well.  The thing that worries me about Ferreira is that he seems injury prone.  But we need him.  Also need a healthy Henry & Edgar.  Then we need a couple of these young guys (Dunn-Johnson, Boskovic, Romeo, Sadicki, Didic) to blossom. 

43 minutes ago, Ivan said:

I think I watched that one as well.  The thing that worries me about Ferreira is that he seems injury prone.  But we need him.  Also need a healthy Henry & Edgar.  Then we need a couple of these young guys (Dunn-Johnson, Boskovic, Romeo, Sadicki, Didic) to blossom. 

This.  And Gasparotto ...

Hope he commits as he plays a position that we really need to solidify.  If we had a healthy Henry (one can dream) and Ferreira commanding the back line, leaving Vittoria and Jakovic as back ups we would be in a much better position internationally.  He may be more important right now than Tabla or Cristante in the big picture.

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2017 at 0:36 PM, Ivan said:

The thing that worries me about Ferreira is that he seems injury prone

Hasn't played a game yet this season - he's still having injury/muscle issues. He's trained on & off with the main squad but has mostly trained apart.
http://www.rtp.pt/noticias/futebol-internacional/ricardo-ferreira-e-dyego-sousa-falham-estreia-europeia-do-sporting-de-braga_d1016983
http://www.abola.pt/Nnh/Noticias/Ver/688696

If he ever gets back to fitness, Braga have a tough Europa League group :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_UEFA_Europa_League_group_stage#Group_C

1 hour ago, Club Linesman said:

Now we need Oz to figure out how to convince Tomori that his international future lies with Canada and playing a major part on a mid level squad for the next decade. 

If he doesn't get called up for the World Cup next year and maybe euros, I believe Canada has a great chance at getting Tomori 

24 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

If he doesn't get called up for the World Cup next year and maybe euros, I believe Canada has a great chance at getting Tomori 

Won't happen next year

2 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

Really? He's so young and has worked himself into a great situation. I don't think he'd consider playing for Canada for years. 

He might be young but he's got the injury bug man. He's 24 is missing a high number of games due to a recurring injury. He's fallen down the ladder greatly. It doesn't help him that he isn't playing for a bigger club.

33 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

You're like 15 years old or something, aren't you? Time for your Ritalin again.

5 minutes ago, matty said:

Won't happen next year

He might be young but he's got the injury bug man. He's 24 is missing a high number of games due to a recurring injury. He's fallen down the ladder greatly. It doesn't help him that he isn't playing for a bigger club.

He's talking about Tomori, not Henry.