Ricardo Ferreira

42 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Jonathan never led on Canada. Julian did, but the fact that Jonathan wore a jacket could be because he's proud of his brother and his friends because he's friends with many of them. 

Thats a stupid reason to where the jacket. 

19 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

Jonathan's parents aren't Dutch. He wasn't raised Dutch prior to moving there for footballing reasons. He spent all his off seasons in Canada

I feel the need to defend JDG here.  I understand he moved to the Netherlands when he was 12.  He never said he wanted to play for Canada.  Tough to knock him on this.

The JDG2 hate never stops huh, gawd. To me he lived the dream of every soccer Canadian kid which is to play professional soccer, he got the extra  bonus of playing in the World Cup with the country that gave him the opportunity. 

As much as he is a defector to the Supremacist Canadian Supporters,... Like Obinna says "he exercised his right". 

Thank God we have Hoilett folks, I sure thank God we got Junior dontcallmeDavid Hoilett! 

12 hours ago, Alex1775 said:

How many of you have a gut feeling that this guy may be the third call-up that the CSA mentioned a couple months back.

I thought it might be possible but not anymore; Braga's Fonseca talked to the press yesterday about some of his players called to their respective national teams. He also mentined players on his team that are Portuguese prospects; Ferreira amonst them.

http://scbraga.pt/paulo-fonseca-queremos-solidificar-a-nossa-posicao-na-tabela/

EDIT: I can't find the lineup for the SC Braga game going on right now. Is Ferreira playing? on the bench? I know he was injured on Thursday.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

Getting into the Hex, and having a legitimate chance of qualifying for the WC, might be enough to tip one / both of Ferreira / Cristante towards Canada

Probably Ferreira but not Cristante. Cristante was born and raised in Italy and grew up watching his idols pllay for them. We won't give up on his dream that easily.

20 hours ago, Floortom said:

Getting into the Hex, and having a legitimate chance of qualifying for the WC, might be enough to tip one / both of Ferreira / Cristante towards Canada

They would both have to file one-time switches to do so, and I can't possibly envision them, at ages 23/21, permanently giving up on the potential of playing for the senior teams of Portugal/Italy, simply to play in the last round of CONCACAF qualifying.

19 hours ago, canta15 said:

Probably Ferreira but not Cristante. Cristante was born and raised in Italy and grew up watching his idols pllay for them. We won't give up on his dream that easily.

To be honest I think Cristante would join us before Ferreira; I think Ferreira fancies his chances at a senior call one day and his stock is rising but things are harder right now for Cristante.

• 1 month later...

Braga finished the season a predictable 4th place (qualify for the Europa League again).
In their last league game of the season, Ferreira played a full game their 0-4 loss to 2nd place Sporting where Braga got an early red card.
They still have one more game to go; the Taça de Portugal final on Sunday so Braga may yet win a trophy.

On 3/18/2016 at 6:16 PM, jpg75 said:

Wow, not a single CB born after 1983.

Portugal anounce their 23-man squad at 8:30pm local tomorrow. 3:30pm Eastern/12:30pm Pacific. http://www.fpf.pt/pt-pt/Selecoes/Futebol/Masculino/Selecao-A/Noticias/Noticia/Id/37202/Cat/753/highlight/0/caller/201/Euro-2016-convocatoria-as-20h30-de-17-de-maio

Let's see if they stick to their old CBs...

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Portugal picked the same 8 defenders as they did in March. http://www.fpf.pt/pt-pt/Noticias/Noticia/Id/40122/Cat/753/highlight/1/caller/56/Euro-2016-os-23-convocados

Next window they could call Ferreira would be WCQs in September. Since their first WCQ game is against the other "toughest/highest seeded" team in the group (Switzerland), I hope the current defenders do well at the Euros so that  they call them all back again in September for that crucial game! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_UEFA_Group_B