Ricardo Ferreira

19 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

You're like 15 years old or something, aren't you? Time for your Ritalin again.

Seriously, are most of you just old jaded, no hope fans, Jesus ?Think about it, if he doesn't make the World Cup team and or euros, he will still not be capped. He would gunning for the same World Cup as us 2022. By that time I hope and believe Canada will be a lot better then what we are now. Also if joined Canada he would likely be starting, England good chance a bench player.

Edited by SpecialK

3 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Seriously, are most of you just old jaded, no hope fans, Jesus ?Think about it, if he doesn't make the World Cup team and or euros, he will still not be capped. He would gunning for the same World Cup as us 2022. By that time I hope and believe Canada will be a lot better then what we are now. Also if joined Canada he would likely be starting, England good chance a bench player.

We have life experience and maturity. Ww think things through and analyze before posting. You seem to just post the first thought in your little head. Sure, your optimistic, great - any fool can be an optimist, it takes intelligence to convert that into realism.

So, let's analyze what you wrote. Tomori is currently 20 years old on sits on the Chelsea bench. He has been called to the England U21 team and will be eligible until the cycle ends in summer 2019. He'll be 22 then and will either have broken into the Chelsea first team in which case he's gone for good or been loaned out once or twice. If he's been loaned, the next few years from then will be a career crossroads. If he at any point becomes a Chelsea regular he's gone (just to repeat), if he moves to another EPL team he'll have a chance for playing time and maybe move to a bigger club. If he drops to the lower leagues we have a chance. If by 2022 at age 25 he is playing in the EPL i doubt he switches to Canada.

50 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

We have life experience and maturity. Ww think things through and analyze before posting. You seem to just post the first thought in your little head. Sure, your optimistic, great - any fool can be an optimist, it takes intelligence to convert that into realism.

So, let's analyze what you wrote. Tomori is currently 20 years old on sits on the Chelsea bench. He has been called to the England U21 team and will be eligible until the cycle ends in summer 2019. He'll be 22 then and will either have broken into the Chelsea first team in which case he's gone for good or been loaned out once or twice. If he's been loaned, the next few years from then will be a career crossroads. If he at any point becomes a Chelsea regular he's gone (just to repeat), if he moves to another EPL team he'll have a chance for playing time and maybe move to a bigger club. If he drops to the lower leagues we have a chance. If by 2022 at age 25 he is playing in the EPL i doubt he switches to Canada.

Regarding the first part, experience and maturity are greatly overrated in Canadian soccer fandom especially with recent events proving the "realist" fanbase wrong.

Regarding the rest: Tomori isn't coming to Canada anytime soon. He's 20, he's on Chelsea's bench. Guy is hot. Only way he's coming to Canada at 25 and still in the EPL is if he's a bottom half of the table kinda guy and even then he'd likely have to be on a relegation battler to decide to play for Canada.

35 minutes ago, matty said:

"CPL is nothing", "Davies is gonna totally pick Ghana", "CSA is likely trying to set Findlay up as the head coach"

A lot of the vets have said things like the above in recent times

Aside from the CPL thing (which still hasn't happened btw) who the hell said those other 2 things? 

edit: do you mean one individual said those things (as opposed to a bunch of us)?

Edited by jpg75

44 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Aside from the CPL thing (which still hasn't happened btw) who the hell said those other 2 things? 

edit: do you mean one individual said those things (as opposed to a bunch of us)?

I'm not going to pull out every name from threads that have 100s of posts

Several regulars said such things, the Davies thing especially. The Ghana thing never really should have had legs.

The Findlay thing seemed more like despair fearing he had the role so long so the CSA could get away with just appointing him the head coach or having him in place at the Gold Cup. a few vets took this stance.

The CPL hasn't started but it is a confirmed thing and as recently as this past winter people were calling it bullshit.

While not the majority, enough vets did it to lower the ranking of vet from expert to "maybe just a bit more informed" IMO

Edited by matty

Just now, Blackjack15 said:

Is Ricardo Ferreira being asked by the CSA to join or no? Something tells me that might be left on hold for now 

He won't be joining us any time soon, so don't worry about it. He'll wait and see what happens once Pepe, Alves and Fonte stop getting called in the next 3 years or so.

3 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

He won't be joining us any time soon, so don't worry about it. He'll wait and see what happens once Pepe, Alves and Fonte stop getting called in the next 3 years or so.

Well considering that he's only  just 24 years old, once the national team improves there can be some serious interest from the player himself

5 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

Well considering that he's only  just 24 years old, once the national team improves there can be some serious interest from the player himself

Sure, if we make the Hex in 2021 and Portugal has passed him by he'd probably join us.

9 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

I think he joins sooner than most think, for the reasons I stated before, but ye he's still at least 2 Years away

24 minutes ago, matty said:

I think he joins sooner than most think, for the reasons I stated before, but ye he's still at least 2 Years away

He was hurt  practically last year only playing 12 games and still hurt, does that change anything ? 

Does anyone know the CB  situation for Portugal ?

I love would someone to do an interview with him.

Edited by SpecialK

17 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

He was hurt  practically last year only playing 12 games and still hurt, does that change anything ? 

Does anyone know the CB  situation for Portugal ?

I love would someone to do an interview with him.

I was considering his injuries in my statement and have emailed Braga about an interview

From John Molinaro's article (everyone should click on the link, this is the type of mainstream article that we should be supporting), he says that Ferreira is willing to join the Canadian national team if the conditions are right.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/ballou-tabla-bryan-cristante-ricardo-ferreira-octavio-zambrano-montrea-impact-mls-canada-soccer/

3 hours ago, shermanator said:

From John Molinaro's article (everyone should click on the link, this is the type of mainstream article that we should be supporting), he says that Ferreira is willing to join the Canadian national team if the conditions are right.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/ballou-tabla-bryan-cristante-ricardo-ferreira-octavio-zambrano-montrea-impact-mls-canada-soccer/

Yeah, from the article he sounds quite optimistic about Ferreira. He doesn't come right out and say it, but it sounds like he thinks Ferreira is the guy that could join as soon as this year, and start playing games next year.

He also plays in the position we need the most help in. I hope it all works out in our favour. 

I have never seen him play, so I'm curious to know what kind of player we are getting. He must be decent by CONCACAF standards to play as many games as he has with Braga, but I want to learn about his specific qualities? Is he good in the air? Does he have good pace? Composure on the ball and good passing ability? We need all 3 in the same centre back to be honest.

5 hours ago, Kent said:

Yeah, from the article he sounds quite optimistic about Ferreira. He doesn't come right out and say it, but it sounds like he thinks Ferreira is the guy that could join as soon as this year, and start playing games next year.

I got that feeling too, and it's probably the one that makes the most sense based on age and "Canadian-ness".

Now, being hopeful and it actually happening are two different things. I'd still be surprised if he switched now when he could bide his time, recover fully and then compete for a spot on Portugal when the old guard move on.

24 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Cool note*  Cristante and Ferreira played together with Milan U19

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ac-mailand-primavera/transfers/verein/10958/saison_id/2011

Thanks for the video. He looks competent on both sides of the ball, but his pace appears to be average at best. Still will be a good addition and should be one of our better CBs if he joins.