The 2016 Rio Olympics thread: August 3rd to 19th

So does anyone have any predictions for tomorrow?

Please don't get mad at me.  I want to be wrong, but I am going to predict France 2 - 1 Canada.  I feel that if I predict a loss, I wouldn't be as heartbroken.  Don't worry - it's not like my prediction is going to affect how they play anyway.

So what is YOUR prediction for France vs. Canada?

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, The Ref said:

Canada women win 2-0.

That would be nice, but the French have only had one goal scored against them in the last four games (including against us), and that was by the Americans.  Renaud is a beast.  We're going to have be way more "scorey" than usual to beat them.

Here's Hope Solo's FULL QUOTE in context (a big paragraph).  http://thebiglead.com/2016/08/12/hope-solo-we-lost-to-a-bunch-of-cowards/

She started by saying how she thought the USA played well and in the middle of it, she called Sweden a bunch of cowards and that the better team didn't win.  Not that it's justified, but thought you guys might like to read it in context.

So Hope really is admitting that USA got defeated by a bunch of cowards.  Doesn't make her look good, does it?

13 minutes ago, sting said:

Again why would her family be in trouble? That happened awhile back. Can't see why her family would now be

in danger now? 

Because cowards never change and she's gonna beat the shit out of them when she gets home "cuz they got it cummin' to 'em"

Archived