The 2016 Rio Olympics thread: August 3rd to 19th

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On July 29, 2016 at 0:37 PM, Sinc_Tanc_Olympic_Action said:

Guys, can someone answer this confusing question?  I googled this and the Olympics start on August 5th.  Why on earth does Canada play Australia on August 3rd, before the Olympics start?  I thought maybe that was a pre-Olympics game but it is not.  It's a group stage game.

This happened with the London games too. it is a short schedule. Hoping they go all the way they will pretty much be playing every 3rd day if not a little sooner. It's so compact they have to start a little early

Starting lineup:

Labbe

Lawrence        Zadorsky          Buchanan       Wilkinson

Fleming           Scott                Matheson

Beckie             Sinclair           Tancredi

23 minutes ago, sloth8 said:

Starting lineup:

Labbe

You've got it backwards :)

Labbe

24 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

Half time, still up 1-0.  We're barely hanging on, but on rare occasions we've been able to make a limited fast break with just a couple of forwards.  The ladies are looking a bit tired already.  Hope we can hang on through the second half.

Canada is still getting decent chances on the counter.  I dont know that i would characterize it as "Canada is barely hanging on".  The possession reflects that canada is a player down.  But the quality of chances might be in canada's favour.  Canada's def has not conceded much.  PS ..: its now the 60th minute.  So my view could change. 

5 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Canada is still getting decent chances on the counter.

So far in the first 20 minutes of the second half we've had I think two good chances.  Should really have scored on the first, which would have relieved an awful lot of the pressure.  But we're still up 1-0 and still defending for our lives, so there's lots of hope yet!

Archived