Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2016-10-15 at 6:31 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

i5e46aR.png

 

Love this one Guillermo. As you said so on twitter yourself about my CPL twitter accounts, you're doing God's work, son :D

Could I ask you for 3 quick variants? For the "York" letterhead above, could you replace them with any of these names below? Cheers man.

- Royal York FC

- York United FC

- Toronto York FC

Edited by ironcub14
Link to post
Share on other sites

What if, for the above badge, you got rid of the cross and replaced it with a scroll sitting over top of where it says York currently? Inside the scroll you could have any one of those three names. It'd also make the badge look a bit less busy and would focus attention primarily on the flower. I think you might have the shrink the size of the flower to fit the scroll idea, as right now it's hard to read the word York when you shrink the size of the picture. That's what it'd be like to people seeing it on the badge when on a jersey.

Edited by Tuscan
Link to post
Share on other sites

lot of options here.   give me the night and i'll see what I can bang out

the goal of the cross tuscan was to emulate the red coat - aka loyalists - given that's kinda what this whole CPL thing is all about, I thought it could be a nice touch.  apologize if you already knew that.

also - go jays

Edited by GuillermoDelQuarto
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tuscan said:

What if, for the above badge, you got rid of the cross and replaced it with a scroll sitting over top of where it says York currently? Inside the scroll you could have any one of those three names. It'd also make the badge look a bit less busy and would focus attention primarily on the flower. I think you might have the shrink the size of the flower to fit the scroll idea, as right now it's hard to read the word York when you shrink the size of the picture. That's what it'd be like to people seeing it on the badge when on a jersey.

 

9 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

keep it simple stupid?

NWKMTXE.png

 

I see what Tuscan was saying about the word York maybe being hard to see, but I prefer the look of your original.    I'd say keep the cross since it has meaning and looks nice, but put the word York (or Royal York or Toronto York (interesting name, I like it)) above the cross.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ironcub14 said:

Guillermo, I like the simple look. Could you revert the rectangle back to the shape of a badge, and try out "Royal York FC" or "Toronto York FC" as well? Cheers man

just to clarify - the rectangle is not the shape of the badge.  it's the background.  but yea I can try that stuff, just got busy the last few days

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

WthkB6D.png

personally, I kind of agree with Tuscon - as much as I like toronto york and royal york, the cool thing about York is that it's so short that you can make the letters huge and it kind of gives it some balls and makes it easy to see from far away.

anyways.  let me know what you think @ironcub14

Loving them man. My last small quick edit request for you, if you could.

For #1, #3 and #4, could you fit the "FC" lettering into the same line as the name of the "club" itself, for all 3 of them? It's okay to me if the font size goes smaller to be able to fit them in a neat manner, since the focus is on the flower mainly anyways.

And for the 3 of them, could you cut the badge shape out from the rectangle, so that each image file has just the badge itself?

I'll share this article quick, it seems to be the original rose of York, just a quick fyi for you! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rose_of_York

Amazing stuff man, I will definitely be keeping these on file for the future.

Edited by ironcub14
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2016 at 6:42 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

just to clarify - the rectangle is not the shape of the badge.  it's the background.  but yea I can try that stuff, just got busy the last few days

If there were some way for me to give you some of my spare time, I would.  I love the name Toronto York, and I'd like to see that with the cross back in the crest (below the name).   ...whenever you get a chance.

Thank you, and thank you for all the work you've put into this.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2016 at 4:13 PM, Tuscan said:

Surely the city of York must have its own city coat of arms that could be drawn from?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=york+county+ontario+crest&tbm=isch&imgil=qfTohydbzpepvM%3A%3BEYjUM_8MvCmHnM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Foldtorontomaps.blogspot.com%252F2013%252F01%252F1878-illustrated-historical-atlas-of.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=qfTohydbzpepvM%3A%2CEYjUM_8MvCmHnM%2C_&usg=__IiYraWRVhDIh1I-NMU8FBedzNB0%3D&biw=780&bih=342&ved=0ahUKEwjf3-6X5OnPAhUDw4MKHbM1CqkQyjcIKw&ei=F-4IWJ_4FIOGjwSz66jICg#imgrc=qfTohydbzpepvM%3A

Which reveals a Lion Rampant and a Unicorn..... the latter being a suitable nick name for a club. York County, with a Trillium on crest, with team nick being York Unicorns....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Off topic, but quick question GuillermoDelQuarto. In an attempt to procrastinate even further using this topic, I'm making a CPL mod for Football Manager. There is already one but I'm making it a more realistic version. Would you mind if I used some of your logos? 

As an aside, anyone know how to make random events in FM mods? It would be nice to start with 8 teams and have a 20% annual chance of expansion from a pool of 10 or so extra markets, and the possibility of teams folding, but I haven't figured that out yet

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Complete Homer said:

Off topic, but quick question GuillermoDelQuarto. In an attempt to procrastinate even further using this topic, I'm making a CPL mod for Football Manager. There is already one but I'm making it a more realistic version. Would you mind if I used some of your logos? 

As an aside, anyone know how to make random events in FM mods? It would be nice to start with 8 teams and have a 20% annual chance of expansion from a pool of 10 or so extra markets, and the possibility of teams folding, but I haven't figured that out yet

yeah man, use whatever u want, I don't care.

Link to post
Share on other sites

UDUkWy2.png

Alaska FC Concept - I know I know, they're not Canadian.  And yes - Sarah Palin.  But honestly I've met a ton of Alaskans and they're cool as fuck.  I say, in our magical world of Canadian Premier League, we let them in.

Oh, and that anchor is for anchorage, their (by far) largest city.

Edited by GuillermoDelQuarto
Link to post
Share on other sites

also, Richmond concept somewhat loosely based on the Glasscity guy on twitter.  

The star might be a little much, but you guys get the idea i'm going for I think.

I thought if Surrey has the mountain lion, it's only fitting that Richmond has the bighorn sheep - two animals that reside in the mountains, aka whitecaps.

8WSh32D.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...