@Tuscan

Alright buddy let's really knock this one out of the park.  I feel like it is close but just needs a little bit of polishing.

DJ4HreN.png

difference between 1 and 2 is just background colour.  B's have thicker lines on the berry, otherwise they're the same as the top ones.  You might have to zoom in a bit to see what I mean.

Let's make it perfect.  I won't stop until it's there.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/09/2016 at 7:21 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Glitch 

7 hours ago, madmonte said:

Guillermo I don't come on the forums much anymore, this is a must click thread for me.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on a Kelowna or Okanagan logo just for fun?  Sailboat?  The overused ogopogo?  Something tying in orchards and wine country?

A just for fun logo based around this crest could look neat. Who knows, if that D3 BC league ever gets off the ground GuillermoDelQuarto can move on to a whole new league ;)

RDNO_LOGO_COLOUR.jpg

haha yea actually I did do one for Okanagan when I was there a while back, basically was a sun with the wine sign you see pointing you to vineyards everywhere on it.  I'm at work now but i'll track it down later and upload it when I'm home. 

Doing the D3 BC league would be fun too :)  lol maybe Whitehorse could actually play in that one, which would be pretty cool.

Still trying to get all the CPL ones down though. 

What do you guys think of Stoon?

Tuscan must be busy but I kinda wanna finish it

9 hours ago, Complete Homer said:
9 hours ago, Complete Homer said:

A just for fun logo based around this crest could look neat. Who knows, if that D3 BC league ever gets off the ground GuillermoDelQuarto can move on to a whole new league ;)

I'm going to hold my breath for that even less than I'll hold it for CPL.

1 hour ago, madmonte said:

That's awesome Guillermo...I kinda like it...not sure about maroon for Kelowna but I'm open to it considering it's based on wine lol

haha yea that was pretty much the idea.  Could nickname them the "vintners" (apparently that's what winemakers are called... had no idea until recently)

Yellow ish for the white wine.

If you can think of a better idea I'm all ears.  could certainly try ogopogo but I thought it was a bit overused, as you said.

Thought the sun made for a fitting backdrop.  Kelowna is hot AF

On 9/26/2016 at 10:29 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

2wxVbl8.jpg

Considering you've now done a few more since then...on this map I don't see London or Kitchener those would be the next likely candidates?

This map seems old I feel positive you did one for KWC like NYC or something...

If you are veering into less realistic territory, a Kingston badge would be neat, and I'd be in a position to comment on it. 

The most iconic  imagery is nautical themes, Queen's University, RMC, Fort Henry, limestone architecture 

The city's logo is based around the city hall (or maybe the courthouse, both have a similar dome), while the L1O team (Kingston Clippers) obviously draws on nautical themes

img_4158.jpg

cofk-logo-blue@2.png

I mean, realistically at this point, I'm probably going to do every little shanty town in the country eventually haha, but Kingston could be one of the next ones I start(still got quite a few that need polishing though)

Reme just reminded me that I had this redesign of KWC sitting on the shelf that I started a couple weeks ago and forgot to finish/get feedback on

J996u20.png

It might be a little much on the whole german thing, but I think the 3 stripes and the font are top notch.  Still might add some detail to the tower, not sure yet.

Union KW definitely seems like something I'd see floating around in the Bundesliga somewhere.

I was going to suggest Kingston as well, though I'd probably go with the Town Hall/Courthouse dome than the nautical theme, if only because the latter's been done already.

(Maybe the fort as well)

10 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Also, what colours would make sense for Kingston?

If we're ignoring the Clippers logo, I'd probably go for a red & gray.  Meshes with the forts in the area:

800px-Three_Martellos_in_Kingston_Ontari800px-KingstonSkyline2009.JPG

Also kind of their coat of arms:

540px-Kingston,_Coat_of_Arms.jpg(

(I love the weird bird-dog-thing on the left's "WTF is that!?" look at the beaver)

Red & gray/white also goes with their flag:

canadia_flag_on_kingston.jpg

However the city itself seems to be going with a blue & white theme these days:

cofk-logo-blue@2.png

Archived