Question on a possible logo for the Canadian Premier League

On 2/19/2016 at 10:27 PM, Jahinho Guerro said:

Here you goooooo!!!! 

CPL-Logo.thumb.png.2fa92be0660d3fc51af46

The Bouclier  - the champions badge

CPL-logo-champion.thumb.png.a47c95df326f

I`m in section 120, row 14, seat 5 .....And I prefer not to drink American beers.

See you May 7!!

This is solid, I personally find the outside maple leafs slightly excessive, but I'd be fine if this was it.  What is the significance of the circular slash thingy through the central leaf?

Here's what I've got so far(2nd image).  Couple things.  Tried to replicate the font from canada's only every world cup team

6339.gif

if y'all remember this one.  

And included the crown as a homage to our monarch and loyalist roots.  I figured, with MLS's growing popularity in the BPL offseason, we should be trying to poach some of those viewers with the whole sentiment of, hey, those were the ones that stayed loyal to the british the whole time, we should support them(might be dumb to some, but It certainly would help any potential TV deal if sky sports or something would occasionally pick up CPL games)

Anyways, criticism welcome.  

cul3Coj.png

Cheers

Edited by GuillermoDelQuarto
1 hour ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Here's what I've got so far(2nd image).  Couple things.  Tried to replicate the font from canada's only every world cup team

6339.gif

And included the crown as a homage to our monarch and loyalist roots.  I figured, with MLS's growing popularity in the BPL offseason, we should be trying to poach some of those viewers with the whole sentiment of, hey, those were the ones that stayed loyal to the british the whole time, we should support them(might be dumb to some, but It certainly would help any potential TV deal if sky sports or something would occasionally pick up CPL games)

cul3Coj.png

Cheers

Please anything but  no crown. Lets stand on our own & stop being a monarchy.

21 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

6339.gif

cul3Coj.png

Cheers

Cue Lord Bob. 

I like the colour scheme, lettering and detail of the 2nd one.  It's really good.  What would it look like with a crown?  I took a family vote with my wife and daughter and they like everything about the 2nd logo better except the lack of crown (which I think I agree with).  Maybe it's the latent royalist in me.

It's a really good logo either way.

21 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

gmu0IYt.png

Gonna work on some options for lower divs(assuming pro/rel, might as well continue with the loyalist theme lol)

Overall this one gets my vote.  This is a really smart design.  I like the colors, theme and symbolism.  With everything contained inside the ball it has that classic look to it that will really hold up over time.

Also it's not too busy so it has broad appeal.

Edited by baulderdash77