Canadian Premier League

ted

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rheo said:

He can ignore it just as well as you can lol.  I thought it was a funny line but I love puns.  Not all jokes are "childish personal attacks" 

The Fozzie Bear twitter is awesome for puns by the way. 

And this has what to do with the thread's refocus? We are supposed to be talking about "ways of making it work and reaching people". Does anyone on this thread have five million bucks they want to invest in building a pop-up and in providing start up capital for a franchise? I am over 90% short on that personally, so won't be able to do it all by myself.

Just now, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

And this has what to do with the thread's refocus? We are supposed to be talking about "ways of making it work and reaching people". Does anyone on this thread have five million bucks they want to invest in building a pop-up and in providing start up capital for a franchise? I am over 90% short on that personally, so won't be able to do it all by myself.

I'll chip in $20 if I can have a golden statue of myself placed in the middle of the pitch.

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Do you always have to be so full of yourself?  No one can make jokes or have fun on here?  Fine, I'll stop making jokes, I'll just go back to calling out your BS.  Cheers.

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Let's work on what we can control and do.  Yes we don't have that kind of money. 

But the support we need can't be bought. 

It lives in the minds of people running clubs, coaching teams, watching games that need a Support Local Soccer mindset.  They are unwitting members of a community they don't know exists yet. 

That has to come from us.  

5 minutes ago, admin said:

Ok, enough.  

Let's move on. 

We have serious work to do.  

A lot, and I mean A LOT of people will be visiting this forum soon.  

Serious note (and honest question):  what do you see as the most productive ways for members to support this league going forward - and due to personal geography I am thinking of folks that don't live in known/rumoured CPL markets.

11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Serious note (and honest question):  what do you see as the most productive ways for members to support this league going forward - and due to personal geography I am thinking of folks that don't live in known/rumoured CPL markets.

I have been writing, re writing a response to this question for some time.  I need to remove the swear words, violence and other illegal acts.

It goes beyond CPL markets. We need to lose the cynicism.  The days of people complaining about the CSA because 29 years ago their 2nd cousin who is actually Messi and didn't get picked 'cause the taxi got lost on the way to the tryouts are over.  He was always going to deliver pizza.

The moderates have to want to participate, and the hardcores have to let them.  The first step is with us.  

18 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

https://www.facebook.com/CPLsoccer/

A proposed coast to coast league with less than 500 likes on Facebook?  We can do better than that.  

Like the CanPL Facebook please.  Share it with your friends list.   

I'm still trying to catch up, but your advertisement may have helped. It's at 782 likes now only 18 hours later.

P.S. I had already liked it:)

I've been asking myself how I can help in Quebec, which is my home province. Quebec will be a catalyst for the success of this league. It really starts with Quebec City having a team, which in turn will have investors line up for a Montreal franchise. Quebec vs Montreal are guaranteed sellouts.

I'm still looking for forums in Quebec to talk CPL

4 minutes ago, Ansem said:

I've been asking myself how I can help in Quebec, which is my home province. Quebec will be a catalyst for the success of this league. It really starts with Quebec City having a team, which in turn will have investors line up for a Montreal franchise. Quebec vs Montreal are guaranteed sellouts.

I'm still looking for forums in Quebec to talk CPL

I will be adding regional groups to the FB page and in the next iteration of this site, each group will have a corresponding group here.   This  might be a good place to start. 

The first iteration of groups on this site caused it to crash, every time I tried to configure it. 

3 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

As for the rest, I'll only be happy when/if I see a viable successful lower level league operating in smaller markets like this whether that be domestic CSA sanctioned or USL/NASL that actually hangs around and has all the stakeholders in Canadian pro soccer pushing in the same direction.

Is this how you treat a soccer season as well? My team won, but it's only 1 game, I'm not happy about it yet. I'll only be happy if we win the Cup/League.

2 minutes ago, Kent said:

Is this how you treat a soccer season as well? My team won, but it's only 1 game, I'm not happy about it yet. I'll only be happy if we win the Cup/League.

Reset button. 

Press it. :D

Just now, Kent said:

That's got nothing to do with the refocus. The way I treat a soccer season is neither here nor there. 

When it comes to Quebec my two cents worth would be that eveything tends to be very monolingually English language on here, so how many people in Quebec City ever participate compared to a city like Saskatoon? Think you would need to boost the French language content quite a bit to get both solitudes participating equally, but that's the way things tend to be in Canada in general. Each linguistic culture lives in its own bubble.

5 minutes ago, Kent said:

Being a frequent poster on hockey forums as well, I can confirm that there is a surprisingly large amount of people who say almost exactly that sentence after every game.

4 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

11 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

I see people are straying away from the refocussed subject matter which is supposed to be "ways of making it work and reaching people". I suggested that there needs to be a bigger effort to use French on here so the message gets out better in Quebec. Any thoughts on that?

It will be easier to do when CPL Quebec City comes along. Their supporter's group can be contacted and have them here. Google translate is getting better. I don't know if the Montreal Impact supporter groups were contacted but that's another place to start.

Doesn't help that RDS (TSN French) isn't covering the league, only TVA and Quebecor media are:

http://www.tvasports.ca/2017/05/06/la-premiere-ligue-canadienne-voit-le-jour

and SRC (CBC French)

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/breve/88849/soccer-premiere-ligue-canadienne-steven-reed

It's actually not just on here that the French language angle is arguably somewhat lacking, for what it's worth. On the CPL website, if you go into the Francais part there is no fans tab similar to what they have in English.

http://fr.canpl.ca/

http://canpl.ca/become-a-fan/

In a billingual country that doesn't really cut it, in my opinion, but I'll concede it's still early days and they will no doubt quickly get that straightened out.

30 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

I see people are straying away from the refocussed subject matter which is supposed to be "ways of making it work and reaching people". I suggested that there needs to be a bigger effort to use French on here so the message gets out better in Quebec. Any thoughts on that?

It's going to take time.

How do we use French better?  We have a French forum, the site will be multilingual on the next software release.

I'm making 250 royal blue Supporters United For Canada shirts  (yes there will be a French version) for the Montreal game, that I am paying for myself.    French language ads on FB start next week in Montreal for game on the 13th of June, again, paid for by me. 

We are looked at like a joke for the insanity in this thread alone.  And that is coming from several different sources. 

This site is bleeding people.  It has to stop.  

8 minutes ago, admin said:

I'm making 250 royal blue Supporters United For Canada shirts  (yes there will be a French version) for the Montreal game, that I am paying for myself.  

Question....Considering we'll be playing a blue team, what made you go with blue?

Just now, Jahinho Guerro said:

Question....Considering we'll be playing a blue team, what made you go with blue?

Montreal colors.  It's about getting the supporters on board.  The shirt will be available in red/black/green/white/gold/ ect...

Archived