Canadian Premier League

ted

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Levi Oakey said:

This is true. What is also true is that what people have been saying for the last year is correct. So believe me, more teams are coming.

The Ottawa Fury and FC Edmonton are the key, if they want to do the big budget comparable to the NASL thing as they pretty much have to have those markets plus Calgary, if the three primary ones aren't happening due to the presence of the three MLS teams. 

1 minute ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

The Ottawa Fury and FC Edmonton are the key, if they want to do the big budget comparable to the NASL thing as they pretty much have to have those markets plus Calgary, if the three primary ones aren't happening due to the presence of the three MLS teams. 

let the dominoes fall one at a time ;)

no need to rush them :P

3 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Think today was mainly about keeping Victor Montagliani happy as he wanted this to surface publicly while he was still CSA president.

Beirne said that more details about the Canadian Premier League would be released to the media, later.

(UPDATES TO COME)|

https://the11.ca/canpl-era-officially-begins-new-league-ratified-by-the-canadian-soccer-association/

19 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

Ahhh, billionaires...If that's true, the Thomson family would be a CPL owner which net worth is bigger that the 3 MLS clubs combined. I think they are north of $30B

The Canadian Premier League has received expressions of interest from
10 cities from across the country to participate in an all-Canadian professional soccer league and will look to evaluate those candidates in the next few months.

4 minutes ago, Rheo said:

Appears BBTB theory of not all teams committed was correct if they're still evaluating

They might be committed to join but it's very reassuring that the CPL are doing their due diligence on the owners. Bad ownership can easily break your league in its infancy

5 minutes ago, Rheo said:

Appears BBTB theory of not all teams committed was correct if they're still evaluating

Might be less about evaluating and more pending deals. Halifax for example is waiting on approval. They said they wouldn't launch without 6 and the way the csa is treating this, it's safish to say this is the launch for them.

8 minutes ago, Rheo said:

I think Bierne's comments have made it pretty clear that there's a core of 6 groups, with at least 2 more solid bids. I more take that statement as there being a couple other bids on the table

Yeah I think it's due diligence with the other teams and that's good. Just saying that I assumed they were further along at times and they weren't and there's nothing wrong with that.

Also nothing wrong with saying someone was right when you generally disagree. We all want the same thing here in the end 

2 minutes ago, Rheo said:

Yeah I think it's due diligence with the other teams and that's good. Just saying that I assumed they were further along at times and they weren't and there's nothing wrong with that.

Also nothing wrong with saying someone was right when you generally disagree. We all want the same thing here in the end 

Yea but I would say there's a big difference between evaluating and something pending approval however

Archived