Canadian Premier League

ted

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DannyFromToronto23 said:

The CanPL Should use a Apertura/Clasura calendar(Spring/Fall Seasons)

Spring season would start in start in February and end in June ( Spring season playoffs would start in late may and ends early June) may have schedule conflicts with Canadian Championship 

then the fall season starts August and ends December ( fall Season playoffs start In Late November ends in early December)  

Champions of the Amyway Canadian championship and the CanPL Spring &  fall Champions go to CCL 

January & July would be the offseason 

Isn't anyone actually shocked that this thread has gone here?

3 minutes ago, matty said:

Serious point: would anyone else be a little annoyed if the cpl was exclusively on tsngo?

No, because if i was watching it on TSN GO then the league would actually exist instead of being talked about as if it did exist.

Im not sure about TSN go but I kind of like the USL set u for this season. Their website has live feeds/stats/discussion chat for all their games being streamed with You Tube. Its very user freindy and the game broadcasts range from very good to so so. Might be an option if it was not picked up by one of the big sports networks.

Zambrano on the World Cup and CPL

"Canada will benefit immensely because just as '94 signified a kind of game changer for the United States, likewise Canada," remarked Zambrano, adding that a professional league -- Canadian Premier League – is in the works. "We will have eight years of big play. This is very, very important because improvement of the U.S. national team is directly related to MLS and so will be for Canada, the World Cup, the CPL."

http://boxscorenews.com/zambrano-canada-already-looking-forward-to-p140483-68.htm

Seems 2018 is still the plan at least as far as he is concerned

26 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Im not sure about TSN go but I kind of like the USL set u for this season. Their website has live feeds/stats/discussion chat for all their games being streamed with You Tube. Its very user freindy and the game broadcasts range from very good to so so. Might be an option if it was not picked up by one of the big sports networks.

Not sure if using a YouTube based service is a good idea mainly because YouTube streamers in the gaming community are widely mocked. While the USL can get away with it, a league with the CPL's seeming ambitions might suffer.

A friend of mine who makes a living off of YouTube also quit streaming because there's no money in it on YouTube (even when you have a million subscribers).

I do think every team should have a YouTube channel and that games should be archived on it maybe.

55 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

Wouldn't taking that attitude defeat the purpose of this board? :P

Alright, I'll give an actual answer:

If you're looking to have a professional league that isn't solely dependent on the butts-in-seats revenue stream, TSN GO isn't going to cut it.

50 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

yea, sometimes those youtube chats reach a critical mass, but I find them kind of amusing when theres only a few thousand people watching and hence about the same amount commenting.

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

12 hours ago, matty said:

Not sure if using a YouTube based service is a good idea mainly because YouTube streamers in the gaming community are widely mocked. While the USL can get away with it, a league with the CPL's seeming ambitions might suffer.

Don't compare gaming where there is a better alternative that is much better where you can literrally pay people money to skip ads and spam emotes with CPL. 

2 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Don't compare gaming where there is a better alternative that is much better where you can literrally pay people money to skip ads and spam emotes with CPL. 

Don't tell me what to do

Note: I wanted to post the Chappelle's Show clip where Guillermo Diaz says "You're not my fucking mom" but couldn't find it so The Room will do. It's somewhat a shame cause the Chappelle's Show clip is glorious.

Just looking over who follows the Twitter account to see if anyone of note has followed since I posted that list. FC London has (let that fuel excitement for London being in the league) and Puerto Rico FC's Ramon Soria did. Lot of press, agents and fans did too.

While this definitely isn't news, it's interesting to see who's following the story.

10 minutes ago, matty said:

Just looking over who follows the Twitter account to see if anyone of note has followed since I posted that list. FC London has (let that fuel excitement for London being in the league) and Puerto Rico FC's Ramon Soria did. Lot of press, agents and fans did too.

While this definitely isn't news, it's interesting to see who's following the story.

Sorry I missed this but which twitter account are they following?

1 minute ago, Rheo said:

Sorry I missed this but which twitter account are they following?

The one that posts everything from the CPL subreddit https://twitter.com/CanPL_FC

has some big followers like Zambrano, Beirne, Rob Gale, Al Marcina, SEA, Soccer Nova Scotia, Ontario Soccer, a few L1O teams, a handful of CanMNT player pool players, reps from MTS, FCE and OFFC.

Just listened to Soccer Today (Rollins and Laramee) pod from today and Paul Berine is going to be on Thursday.  They said it's to talk about his time at Brighton and them moving up to the Premier League but I can't see them not asking about the CPL at least a little.  However if they don't ask don't get mad at me lol

Archived