Canadian Premier League

ted

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Complete Homer said:

Though, if we are adding to our highly speculative list of EPL teams who could be a hinted investor, Peschisolido's wife is vice-chairman of West Ham.  

Boom sources confirmed West Ham partnering with Hamilton CPL team. #TMZ#CNN#CPL

13 hours ago, Complete Homer said:

Not dating Brennan is necessarily going to move up to CPL, but I would say that L1O performance is pretty dependent on the players you can attract, and I'm not sure Aurora is as high up the list as some of the other clubs. I haven't watched too closely, but it's possible he's done fine with what he has had at his disposal 

Yeah, I get that, but I would hope that this soccer infrastructure that we are slowly building would allow people who aren't big names (Brennan being an example of a big name) to be able to get promoted to higher positions. For example, Carmine Isacco has done well in L1O with Vaughan Azzuri (won the double last year) and in University with York (won 4 national championships with them since 2008 I believe). I think a guy like him deserves a shot. Bobby Smyrniotis is another guy that deserves a shot, if he's interested in leaving Sigma behind (which I believe is his baby).

I haven't listened yet but Rollins and Laramee's Soccer Today has the Wanderers on it

Edit-Ok I listened.  Nothing really new.  Just going over the meeting, getting the local perspective of the potential for the market and Moncton as well and some support group talk.

Edit 2-They speculated on Totera's tweet on the meeting between MLS and the CSA.  Just theories but Rollins said the Montreal had no interest in the league but Vancouver is interested  like Toronto but being more quiet about it than Toronto.  

2 hours ago, Rheo said:

I haven't listened yet but Rollins and Laramee's Soccer Today has the Wanderers on it

Edit-Ok I listened.  Nothing really new.  Just going over the meeting, getting the local perspective of the potential for the market and Moncton as well and some support group talk.

Edit 2-They speculated on Totera's tweet on the meeting between MLS and the CSA.  Just theories but Rollins said the Montreal had no interest in the league but Vancouver is interested  like Toronto but being more quiet about it than Toronto.  

Considering Montreal shelfed their USL team, so it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't all that interested in being a part of anything outside their first team.

8 minutes ago, Pat Carrasco said:

Duane Rollins just tweeted this out. Does it mean that he has something now anytime or probably in the distant future?

I appreciated both guys but their collected track record of "near future" (or something similar) means it could be a couple of hours to a couple of months lol.

I don't know who is aligned with who in the twitterverse, but in the absence of any actual information this sounds like someone trying to sustain attention on their social media account - attention that ironically has been flagging due to the constant "stay tuned" and "exciting news imminent" posts made in the past. 

9 minutes ago, Pat Carrasco said:

Duane Rollins just tweeted this out. Does it mean that he has something now anytime or probably in the distant future?

BOOM I'm here with the former backup keeper for Toronto Croatia who says he might be interested in watching a CPL game.

1 hour ago, lazlo_80 said:

Considering Montreal shelfed their USL team, so it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't all that interested in being a part of anything outside their first team.

It's now known in Montrealers mind that Joey Saputo's A team is Bologna and Montreal Impact has officially became his B team. His lack of interest in USL or anything else isn't surprising at all

42 minutes ago, Ansem said:

It's now known in Montrealers mind that Joey Saputo's A team is Bologna and Montreal Impact has officially became his B team. His lack of interest in USL or anything else isn't surprising at all

It's  known to Bologneses' mind that Joey Saputo's A team is Montreal and Bologna is his B team. The fact that the best player and top scorer from Bologna is coming to Montreal this summer tells you all.

I don't think it's clear what is Saputo's A or B team. I think he likes them both in a different way, but how much have you followed Bologna? None, they aren't happy that Dzemaili will leave this summer tells you that it isn't as clear as you seem to think that it is. 

7 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

It's  known to Bologneses' mind that Joey Saputo's A team is Montreal and Bologna is his B team. The fact that the best player and top scorer from Bologna is coming to Montreal this summer tells you all.

I don't think it's clear what is Saputo's A or B team. I think he likes them both in a different way, but how much have you followed Bologna? None, they aren't happy that Dzemaili will leave this summer tells you that it isn't as clear as you seem to think that it is. 

Yea that relationship is weird. Last season I would of said it was the opposite outright as Bologna seemed to be using the Impact to see which players they might want.

17 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

My understanding of his situation is that he was not that great at Galatasaray. Bologna signed that player but they had already determined prior to the season that he was heading to Montreal after playing at Bologna. Yes, he's great now, to the point that he could play for the national team more often but moving to Montreal will hurt...that's for sure. If Bologna knew he'd be the opposite than his time in Turkey, they would have kept him at Bologna.

Bad timing...

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

My understanding of his situation is that he was not that great at Galatasaray. Bologna signed that player but they had already determined prior to the season that he was heading to Montreal. Yes, he's great now, to the point that he could play for the national team more often but moving to Montreal will hurt...that's for sure. If Bologna knew he'd be the opposite than his time in Turkey, they would have kept him at Bologna.

Bad timing...

He didn't play the previous season at Galatasaray, but at Genoa on loan, a team that finished above Bologna in Serie A.  If you're telling me that Bologna didn't know what they got when they saw him play for another Serie A team, you're showing me how much you know about the situation.

32 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

He didn't play the previous season at Galatasaray, but at Genoa on loan, a team that finished above Bologna in Serie A.  If you're telling me that Bologna didn't know what they got when they saw him play for another Serie A team, you're showing me how much you know about the situation.

Wow...seems like I insulted your team. Not saying that they didn't know what they had in him, but he wasn't playing like their future top score at Galatasaray nor Genoa like he is now. That's all.

I'm making the assumption that if he was, most likely, he's not having a clause on his contract sending him to Montreal.

No need to get insulted over this. That's my opinion and you disagree. Fine. Let's leave it at that

1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

Ansem, you're a fuckin' prick. I'm about to sit down to watch the Walking Dead finale in 20 minutes. Thanks asshole.

He did say "spoilers" but he should have mentioned Walking Dead

Also Walking Dead is boring. If my partner keeps watching Imma break up with her and ruin my life

Archived