• 15Dennis Chin
  • 11Mozzi Gyorio
  • 20Mauro Eustáquio
  • 17Carl Haworth
  • 25Lance Rozeboom
  • 12Andrew MacRae

Indy v  Fury

3 changes for the Fury tonight

Vared, Bailey, Steele in, Rozeboom, Gyorio and Chin out  and we have 7 subs tonight.

One player i had completely forgotten is  Onua Thomas Obasi, he was signed back in January  but has yet to appear.  It turns out he was under contract to  Baltimore Blast of the Arena soccer until their season ended, Fury announced he would be joining the team as of April 22, as his team has made it the championship final.

http://www.ottawafuryfc.com/news/2016/04/13/fury-fc-set-to-welcome-dynamic-left-back-onua-thomas-obasi

Only 6 subs tonight for Fury

Ottawa Fury FC

• 1Romuald PeiserGoalkeeper
  • 19Kyle Porter
  • 30Marcel de Jong
  • 25Lance Rozeboom
  • 33Rafael Alves
  • 22Jonny Steele
  • 8James Bailey
  • 6Julian de Guzmán
  • 7Paulo Júnior
  • 17Carl Haworth
  • 23Idan Vered

Substitutes

• 15Dennis Chin
  • 2Rich Balchan
  • 12Andrew MacRae
  • 9Bryan Olivera
  • 20Mauro Eustáquio
  • 11Mozzi Gyorio

I thought that they played okay despite some of the chances they didn't convert on. They have good defence and counter attack movement along the wings. Where they lack is creativity in the middle and finish. Johnny Steele and Bailey really need to step it up or they should start Olivera instead of Hayworth. JDG started playing really deep towards the end when Carolina started to attack which was good, hopefully with the next LB coming in the backline will be better and JDG can contribute a little more up the middle on the attack. De Jong got a really questionable card, "How could it be a foul when he kicked the ball?!?!" screamed Daglish before the card came out.

Disclaimer: I am not a Fury fan per se, my interest in the team is more so to watch some of our NT play together.

7 hours ago, shermanator said:

I wonder if the slow start will affect the number of butts in seats for the home opener.

It'll be interesting to see what the attendance will be for the home opener. Ottawa has been fairly cold until very recently, and still is to a degree. People aren't thinking about soccer because of that. I don't feel any buzz around town for Fury, but I find that's often the case anyway.

The slow start will have minimal immediate effect imo. Outside the hardcore contingent, I don't think people follow away matches. But, when the standings start to matter, being so low won't help. Ottawa is a fickle market with losing teams.

Injuries and shortage of players are hurting the Fury, yesterday they dressed 18 players but 3 of them were goalies, DeBellis was listed as a defender, but was dressed as a goalie. Fury have a roster of 23 players but Venter and Dyego are out for the season with knee injuries and De Guzman, DeJong and Bruna are all out currently injured, all 3 would be normally starters.

Archived