Ottawa Fury 2016 Season

canadianfoot

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ottawa played 3 USL teams, 1 NASL team and a US Academy team, the scoring was spread amongst the team with 

Bruna 3 (2 pen)
Paulo Jr 3 (1 pen)
Chin 3
Dyego 1
Haworth 3
Gyorio 1
Bailey 1

3 of the 5 goals conceded were scored by Rochester Rhinos in a 3-3 draw against the defending USL champions. so both the defernce and forwards have played well, but have they played strong enough opposition to be ready for the NY Cosmos. Most of their pre-season games have been played indoors, very different from what they will have in NY.

Marc De Santos tried to take a player to Swope Park Rangers.  He mentioned attempting to pry another one away from Ottawa recently. That fell through.   http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/20/ex-fury-coach-thriving-in-kc    

I cannot see the story in the Ottawa Sun and a portion of it is in the Ottawa Citizen.  I wonder which player it was, if it was a Canadian i would expect it to be  Eustaquio or Haworth, if not maybe Alves who i was surprised did not leave the Fury like all the others.

On twitter Paul Dalglish said the Fury finished their pre-season undefeated and outscored the opposition 19-5, i assume they won their game against the Fury Academy 4-0 as that score was'nt posted on the Fury website, in the games that were posted they outshot the opposition 15-5

4 hours ago, yothat said:

Why would Brandon Poltronieri leave the Fury this late in training camp? and go to Paul Dalglish old club.

Same reason why every other player left Ottawa. And he didn't go to Paul Dalglish's old club, because his old club is not playing this year.

10 hours ago, yothat said:

Why would Brandon Poltronieri leave the Fury this late in training camp? and go to Paul Dalglish old club.

5 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Same reason why every other player left Ottawa. And he didn't go to Paul Dalglish's old club, because his old club is not playing this year.

Actually he was involved in a fight with a Rochester Rhino player during a pre-season friendly and Dalglish was so upset with his behaviour (or used it as an excuse who knows) that he cut him and he and the team came to a deal with Arizona, Yallop's club, to sign him to avoid difficulties in ending the contract.

All Fury games on radio/tv or stream

http://www.ottawafuryfc.com/news/2016/04/01/all-fury-fc-matches-available-on-tv-stream-and-radio

\

Peiser was awful, 2nd and 3rd goal were his fault. A mistake to put De Jong in the midfield and Rozeboom at the back. At least they made the switch at the break. De Guzman is really a 60-70 minute player. Not much going offensively.

Archived