Ottawa Fury 2016 Season

canadianfoot

On 3 februari 2016 at 1:21 AM, masster said:

This roster does not look that impressive. I wish there was somebody to ask some hard questions about what is going on there. Unfortunately the main journalist source that used to provide info on the club, now works for the organization. 

Looks like they're just holding out in NASL before jumping to the CPL. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Money pure and simple, player A is offered 2 contracts 1. $50,000 CDN by Ottawa, or 2. $50,000 US by Indy,  which would you take, to get  roughly the same contract Ottawa would have to offer approx $70,000 to match the US Offer. Fury cant afford it. Also alot of players were enticed to come to Ottawa by Marc dos Santos  for less money than they could get elsewhere because Marc was a winner.

PS Marc dos Santos's team Swope Park Rangers won their first exhibition game of the season against  MLS Colorado  Rapids 3-1

And of course it's the prize for having succes. If there's a team anywhere in the world that plays way above expectation, players get plucked away. I don't think Leicester will be as competitive next season for instance. Must say that Ottawa got totally ransacked though. 

12 hours ago, yothat said:

I expect them to be terrible. sad to say after they dominated last year.

I would have fully agreed with you a few weeks ago. But having seen the Fury players in action yesterday and having gone through the squad player by player on the pod, I don't feel as pessimistic about it as before. Still gonna be a tough hill to climb though.

• 2 weeks later...

Training camp has been going 2 weeks  and 2 exhibition games have been played, 0-0 with the Academy and a 2-1 win with Toronto FC2, off to Arizona for the next phase. Has there been any surprises, Not much, i guess the appearance of Gerardo Bruna, not expected until July, is the biggest, the non appearance of the Brazilian forward so far, unless they were meaning the late arrival of Oliver.  Meanwhile all the other teams seem to be way ahead in their preparations for the upcoming season

Here come the boo birds!  Lets see, he was riding the pine at Ausburg and everyone complained he got no playing time.  He went to SKC, got little playing time etc everyone complained.  Now he is turning 30 this fall and decides to goto a beautiful CDN city, wonderful quality of life, probably will be treated like gold and have a chance to grow grassroots CDN soccer by being a hero to the Ottawa kids.  Plus he should get lots of playing time to sharpen up for WCQ.  BOOOO, what a terrible move for him..BOOOO!!! If this is how people react, how are we ever going to get CDN internationals to come to the new CPL??  

Nasl is a better quality than it was 5 years ago, and I hope he tears it up, Ottawa wins the spring championship and he scores for Canada vs mexico.  Good move for everyone.  

good move for everyone. Fury now has de guzman, de jong, mauroe, kporter on the national team radar. If they had last year team with some of this year additions, I would think they would of won the canadian championship. 

Fury just defeated Indy Eleven 3-0, goals by Paulo, Dyego and Bruna (pen)
1st half
DeBellis; Langwa-Timbo-Alves-Porter; Steele-Rozeboom-Eustaquio; Haworth-Chin-Poltronieri.
0-0 at HT
2nd half
Peiser; Balchan-Alves-Venter-DeJong; Bailey-DeGuzman-Gyorio; Paulo Jr-Bruna-Dyego!

Fury today beat Real Salt Lake Academy 4-0 with goals from Paulo, Chin (2) and Haworth.

1st half lineup

MacRae;Timbo-Rozeboom-Balchan-Poltronieri; Steele-Eustaquio-Bailey; Bruna-Haworth- Paulo Jr.

2nd half lineup

DeBellis; Langwa-Alves-Venter-Addai; de Jong- de Guzman-Gyorio; Porter-Haworth-Chin

De Jong only signed for spring season

Even though he’s been at Ottawa’s camp since the outset, the termination of his SKC contract and his new Fury deal were only just announced. The Fury deal only lasts till the break between the spring and fall seasons, so de Jong can look for a new club in the July transfer window.

Archived