Ottawa Fury 2016 Season

canadianfoot

Rich Balchan is apparently back in practice as well, spotted him in the background of Paul Dalglish's interview from this morning.

I'll also note that Porter and Bruna both played 90 minutes in the game against CS Longueuil. It would be great if Bruna finally got to see the field for the first team again at some point this week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voting is now open for the club's Fan Player of the Year. Who does everyone think stood out the most this season?

http://www.ottawafuryfc.com/news/2016/10/11/players-poll

I feel like it has to be Carl Haworth, he's just been so exceptional this year, although it's difficult to judge given how many players have had limited playtime due to injury, etc.

Tissot and JDG have been consistently very good for us in the time they've played. Alves and Rozeboom both had some pretty bad games earlier in the season, but both have played almost every match and have generally been great. And of course we can't forget Peiser, who hasn't had as spectacular a season as last year (certainly at least partly due to the fact we don't play as compact defensively as we did last year) but has nonetheless frequently kept us in games and shown that he's one of the league's best.

4 minutes ago, shermanator said:

The Fury have been officially eliminated from NASL postseason play tonight with a 3-1 loss. From what I'm reading on Twitter, it was an incredibly poor effort put forward by the squad. Next stop, USL?

I can't imagine it's that easy to be motivated when you keep hearing that the club is bailing on the league.

15 hours ago, shermanator said:

The Fury have been officially eliminated from NASL postseason play tonight with a 3-1 loss. From what I'm reading on Twitter, it was an incredibly poor effort put forward by the squad. Next stop, USL?

They were eliminated the day before after Minnesota beat Edmonton, which might explain the effort somewhat. Rayo are also right in the middle of the playoff race, so there was definitely two different levels of motivation.

As for next year we still don't know for sure and it seems like nothing official has happened yet, so nothing to do but wait and see.

1 hour ago, -Hammer- said:

Hey guys

I'm going to be heading to Ottawa for the last game of the season this Saturday. I just wanted to make sure The Bytown Boys are still going to be at the Georgetown before the game, and that I should be able to buy a ticket there if needed.

Yup, still meeting at the Georgetown before matches and yes, you can still buy a ticket there.

Enjoy :)

10 hours ago, -Hammer- said:

Hey guys

I'm going to be heading to Ottawa for the last game of the season this Saturday. I just wanted to make sure The Bytown Boys are still going to be at the Georgetown before the game, and that I should be able to buy a ticket there if needed.

Hi Hammer.  I met you the last time you were in town.  I can't attend the Fury game but if you are interested, I would be happy to give you my ticket.  Send me a PM with your email address and I'll get the ticket to you.

On 25/10/2016 at 10:48 PM, JamboAl said:

Hi Hammer.  I met you the last time you were in town.  I can't attend the Fury game but if you are interested, I would be happy to give you my ticket.  Send me a PM with your email address and I'll get the ticket to you.

Thanks man, I didn't see this till now. I just got into Ottawa and heading down from just beside city hall. Likely going to cab or bike share down now. Didn't get into town as early as I had hoped.

Martin Nash out of coaching in Ottawa... moving on, Dalglish staying and believes he will have champion team next year in USL... PS he expected to finish in top of NASL in his pre season statements in Ottawa...so grains of salt needed.

Expect a majour change in player personnel for next year, can't see too many starters sticking around,  but may be wrong ... apparently contract talks happening this week.

Archived