Alphonso Davies

Northvansteve

20 minutes ago, Califax said:

It will in 20 years when he leads Halifax to their 19th straight CanPL title and wins the Club World Cup.

If you think Alphonso Davies would ever play in the CPL it ain't ever gon' happen...he too big for the CPL now anyway

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Best thing would be staying overseas in Europe because playing in the CPL would be a step backwards for him

Dude, don't take this the wrong way.... but you are getting award named after you.

3 hours ago, Jith12 said:

No way, he's coming to York 9!

Nope. Back to the Caps for the final two years of his career. He'll be 37, as Califax has pointed out, but still a demon with the ball at his feet. (I will take my (future) grandkids to watch him play.)

20 minutes ago, The Beaver said:

Nope. Back to the Caps for the final two years of his career. He'll be 37, as Califax has pointed out, but still a demon with the ball at his feet. (I will take my (future) grandkids to watch him play.)

The three of us will have to make a 20 year bet. (no inflation) 

It will be interesting to see what the Caps do with this money.  My understanding (unless it has changed) is that the league gets a portion of the incomming transfer fees. And, that the portion that goes to the club, has to go to a trust fund that stipulates  that the $$$ must be spent to benefit the club only. And it doesnt have to be on player acquisitions.  So it will be interesting to see how the Whitecaps use this money.  

Unless this has all changed, but anectodally thats how it worked in MLS based on what we had heard from past transfers.   Will the money go to the academy? Player development?Stadium improvements?  Or player acquistions such as a DP? 

3 minutes ago, Free kick said:

It will be interesting to see what the Caps do with this money.  My understanding (unless it has changed) is that the league gets a portion of the incomming transfer fees. And, that the portion that goes to the club, has to go to a trust fund that stipulates  that the $$$ must be spent to benefit the club only. And it doesnt have to be on player acquisitions.  So it will be interesting to see how the Whitecaps use this money.  

Unless this has all changed, but anectodally thats how it worked in MLS based on what we had heard from past transfers.   Will the money go to the academy? Player development?Stadium improvements?  Or player acquistions such as a DP? 

How about some grass?

10 hours ago, admin said:

Do you know what 'hardly any' means?  It means very few.

It has none.  The league hasn't even started yet.  TSN? It broadcasts in CANADA. Not the world.

None of this makes any sense. 

I fell like you are arguing with a BOT. is it possible for a BOT to register an account here?

3 hours ago, Free kick said:

Apparently, since Davies is a homegrown player, no money for MLS. Caps mostly and likely Edmonton club (s) get the money.

4 hours ago, Free kick said:

.  My understanding (unless it has changed) is that the league gets a portion of the incomming transfer fees. 

It actually has changed recently. I think for Davies Vancouver keeps all of it, 750,000 can be used on salaries and the rest has to be used on infrastructure/transfer fees/pocketed

Archived