Alphonso Davies

Northvansteve

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tg11 said:

I didn't even know that Bayern changed managers so how was I supposed to know? I don't exactly keep up with those kind of things

You clearly have a computer and access to the world wide web... all it takes it a 5 second google fact check before clicking on "Submit Reply"

Haven’t seen a mention on MLS webpage. You know they must be secretry pissed at the irony of a Canadian being the biggest transfer ever.  Notice when any American moves it’s the biggest news but Henry, Larin and you watch Davies now will not receive the hoopla americans such as yedlin got.

For all the talk they truly don’t care about Canadians.  Only when the yanks get all the spoils can they be happy for us getting some scraps. If we’re first or better at something the tone changes.

2 hours ago, Tg11 said:

The age cutoff is 20 as long as they are not over 20 there is no problem

Seriously?

If you are a legitimate poster you MUST prove this by posting interesting opinions of your own or reporting on developments relevant to the subjects of these posts. At the moment you are contributing nothing of value to these discussions. Mostly you are just rehashing the opinions of other Voyageurs or reporting, in error, on things you clearly do not know. (i.e. The coach of Bayern Munich is not Pep G.) None of us are perfect on the forum, but there is a foundation of respect that guides everything we do, even when we get into heated disagreements.  I was fully prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt, but now you are just posting for the sake of posting. If you do not have anything original, fresh or interesting to add to the conversation, then please have respect for your fellow Voyageurs and refrain from posting. 

6 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Haven’t seen a mention on MLS webpage. You know they must be secretry pissed at the irony of a Canadian being the biggest transfer ever.  Notice when any American moves it’s the biggest news but Henry, Larin and you watch Davies now will not receive the hoopla americans such as yedlin got.

For all the talk they truly don’t care about Canadians.  Only when the yanks get all the spoils can they be happy for us getting some scraps. If we’re first or better at something the tone changes.

Just saw something on the MLS site.

3 hours ago, The Beaver said:

Just saw something on the MLS site.

Yes just saw that as well.  Shame he’s not playing today that would have been interesting. 

So we’re going to have Bayern Munich on our call up list next year alomg with Liverpool, Rangers and Beşiktaş.. hopefully we can add Barcelona and Chelsea soon. En route to getting a ton of casuals.

My brother and I were talking about Davies' move to Europe and said we'd better get some tickets to see as many games while he is still here in Vancouver. With this news, I suspect that we may have lost that opportunity. Damn!  Guess the next time I see him play will be for the Nats. Proud of the kid, but sad to see him go.  I am not sure I even want to watch the Caps without Davies in the line-up.

4 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Yes just saw that as well.  Shame he’s not playing today that would have been interesting. 

So we’re going to have FC Bayern on our call up list next year alomg with Liverpool, Rangers and Beşiktaş.. hopefully we can add Barcelona and Chelsea soon. En route to getting a ton of casuals.

Chelsea I really don’t think so, but don’t forget Cardiff City.

45 minutes ago, Keegan said:

The fact they haven't mentioned it on mlssoccer.com is an indication this deal is either close or imminent. If it was far from being done or just rumour they'd have it plastered all over the homepage.

Bayern Munich.  That's about as good as it gets.  Good to see a Canadian finally moving to a good club in Europe. 

And,  it's for a rumoured eight figures.  That's very important.  Because when a club pays that much,  it means they are serious about giving you a chance.  It unlikely that you get loaned out or move to a different role or position.  Unlike the Larin move, I can applaud this one

This is fantastic.  However, history shows us that CMNT fans can't have nice things.  In the dark recesses of my mind, all I'm thinking is this just means he will turn down call-ups for the next decade or so to focus on his club career...

Of course I'm joking, Alphonso has been nothing but committed to the national team, but it all just feels too good to be true!

I rarely post, but this news is something that everyone who checks these forums should be celebrating out loud. 

What a wonderful day to be a Canadian footy fan!

Get your tickets to Canada v Dominica folks!  It could be the next time Davies plays in Canada and the first time as a member of Germany's most successful club.  I've already gotten two people who've never attended to head to the game.  This news certainly has the potential to help boost ticket sales.

I wonder how much attention Davies is getting in Germany.  Someone's gone to a lot of trouble to not only paste a Bayern shirt on Alphonso, but also putting this video together of Davies making it look like the opposition are the ones who are 17, not him.

The reports I read all are talking about him being loaned back to the 'Caps to finish the season. Maybe even stay the first half of next year (I read in one report). I think it's good he's on a roll here and the 'Caps need him pretty bad. 

4 hours ago, shamrock said:

The reports I read all are talking about him being loaned back to the 'Caps to finish the season. Maybe even stay the first half of next year (I read in one report). I think it's good he's on a roll here and the 'Caps need him pretty bad. 

Well he can’t be bought until January so it wouldn’t be a “loan”.  First half of next year would make sense it’s going to be tough to break in midway through the season but then again they may lead the league enough that he gets some shots. 

Chris Richards on loan from FC Dallas made his debut in a friendly competition and mlssoccer is celebrating it as a first team debut for Bayern. 

17 hours ago, Keegan said:

So we’re going to have Bayern Munich on our call up list next year alomg with Liverpool, Rangers and Beşiktaş.. hopefully we can add Barcelona and Chelsea soon. En route to getting a ton of casuals.

He probably won’t get a call up to the MNT soon, but don’t forget about Busti at Juventus. another huge club with some Canadian blood in their system.

52 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Well he can’t be bought until January so it wouldn’t be a “loan”.  First half of next year would make sense it’s going to be tough to break in midway through the season but then again they may lead the league enough that he gets some shots. 

Chris Richards on loan from FC Dallas made his debut in a friendly competition and mlssoccer is celebrating it as a first team debut for Bayern. 

I thought he can be bought, he just can’t play in any competitive fixtures until he’s 18? 

So he could be bought and loaned back if this is the case, but you’ve made me question if I’m confusing the EU members and family moving before 16 only to officially sign at 16, with an international transfer of a non-EU member. 

20 minutes ago, maccaliam said:

I thought he can be bought, he just can’t play in any competitive fixtures until he’s 18? 

So he could be bought and loaned back if this is the case, but you’ve made me question if I’m confusing the EU members and family moving before 16 only to officially sign at 16, with an international transfer of a non-EU member. 

He can be bought for a future transfer sure.. but he won’t be officially transferred until January so there would be no need for a loan. 

This wouldn’t stop the two clubs from coming to an arrangement. I.e. Bayern has a future transfer arranged and Vancouver agrees to allow him to train with Bayern for the rest of 2018. But in no way could he be officially transferred and loaned back to Vancouver in 2018.  If he’s with Vancouver it’s because they still own him for the rest of 2018.

Archived