Alphonso Davies

Northvansteve

Seeing Vinicius Jr unveiled at Real Madrid I would be surprised to see Madrid willing to drop too much money on another player of similar style and age and more uncertainty. But who knows they're sitting in Ronaldo money and potentially some Bale bucks. I'm sure they're looking to create a new generation over there

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if Real Madrid or Bayern are for real, I doubt those teams even get out of bed for anything under 15 - 20 mil Euros 

17 yr old Rodrygo and Vinicius just went for e45 million. Which is like what 80 million cdn. So work from there I guess 

A little more research. I see a 19yr old attacking player went from Ajax to Roma for 20mil euros.

I've always maintained he'll go for a minimum 20 mil usd

Yeah but going to England could actually do more for his career especially since Hoilett he's playing in England too

If true, Bayern is a good choice. He'll also count as a domestic in Germany so that must have been a selling point on their part.

As fas joining Bayern to train until his 18th bday, that would be up to Vancouver since he is under contract with them. There's really no reason they should let him go though unless they can get some guarantees in writing (in case he gets hurt etc.) that protects them. 

Unbelievable. As big a fan of Alphonso as I am, I still never imagined being wanted this early in his career from a giant European club like Bayern. Always thought he would possibly go to a club with good track record of developing young stars and shipping them to bigger clubs i.e Monaco/PSV. Also, wouldn't mind seeing the Davies vs Pulisic rivalry happen in International and club football? Sky is the limit for this kid....

10 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

I’ve got tickets to next Saturday’s game w a buddy who has never seen Davies play. He’s going to be pissed if he’s transferred by then ! ?

News sources are reporting he may miss the Seattle game because he is away. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/alphonso-davies-miss-whitecaps-next-game-vs-sounders/

If this incredible transfer deal is really happening, perhaps he is doing a medical in Munich this weekend.

Reiterating: I am blown away by the money they are talking about, that is a major international signing, and for his age, amongst the top 20 in history if I am not mistaken.

If this is true then perhaps this is the greatest move in Canadian men's soccer history bar none. How many Canadian players even get an opportunity to transfer to one of the most elite clubs in the world? All I have to say is it does wonders not just for Davies personally but if this is true it does wonders for the program as far as building for the future in getting more of our players to play in Europe.

Wow! Mixed feelings, but Bayern is pretty much as big as it gets. That is massively impressive. And as a young still developing player, Germany>England. 

I’d expect a few years of loans if it goes through, but still...Bayern. It turned out well for the last Canadian to sign with them (other than the whole England thing) and Germany generally has been good spot for Canadians.

Archived