Alphonso Davies

Northvansteve

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was involved with marketing at any level in this country, I would latch on to Alphonso and build a brand/message around his story. Came to Canada ?? and settled into our cultural Mosaic, CHOOSE to play for this great country, a very articulate person - see Russia speech - and a very, very talented athlete too!

It is like buying a stock early at a lower price point before the stock “takes off”

He will be a beast for our country and shows only a trajectory of going forward and not the other way 

7 minutes ago, Markoaleks said:

If I was involved with marketing at any level in this country, I would latch on to Alphonso and build a brand/message around his story. Came to Canada ?? and settled into our cultural Mosaic, CHOOSE to play for this great country, a very articulate person - see Russia speech - and a very, very talented athlete too!

It is like buying a stock early at a lower price point before the stock “takes off”

He will be a beast for our country and shows only a trajectory of going forward and not the other way 

?????

13 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

?????

Not bashing you @Tg11, but that's not a productive post at least put in your thoughts. Seen two post like these and those are things that will bother a few members. You've been on this site a month or so you've got 600+ post that's a lot dude.

Anyways yes Davies will become the face of the Canadian soccer movement of the next generation players. Along with others like Millar, Larin, and more. (Maybe just maybe Tabla)

Again he could be sold this summer and loaned straight back to Vancouver or he leaves January. I just don't see him in MLS next year unless he truly wanted to stay to be close to his family. It's not easy to move far away from the family that's for sure.

12 minutes ago, Scorpion26 said:

Not bashing you @Tg11, but that's not a productive post at least put in your thoughts. Seen two post like these and those are things that will bother a few members. You've been on this site a month or so you've got 600+ post that's a lot dude.

Anyways yes Davies will become the face of the Canadian soccer movement of the next generation players. Along with others like Millar, Larin, and more. (Maybe just maybe Tabla)

Again he could be sold this summer and loaned straight back to Vancouver or he leaves January. I just don't see him in MLS next year unless he truly wanted to stay to be close to his family. It's not easy to move far away from the family that's for sure.

Well yeah him leaving MLS at this point is inevitable especially now that he keeps on putting these kind of performances (ie. Last night against DC United with that wonder goal)

8 hours ago, matty said:

I pretty much posted the same article yesterday as far as the link goes but yeah I agree he is a star in the making for Canada without question. The thing is that he is only 17 but yet he's already a superstar in the MLS well touted to be a phenom with potential and he has not even hit his 20s yet so just think of how good he can be once he matures. He is definitely detrimental to not only Canada's future but also detrimental to our chances when it comes to qualifying for the Gold Cup but actually doing well in said tournament next summer.

8 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

I pretty much posted the same article yesterday as far as the link goes but yeah I agree he is a star in the making for Canada without question. The thing is that he is only 17 but yet he's already a superstar in the MLS well touted to be a phenom with potential and he has not even hit his 20s yet so just think of how good he can be once he matures. He is definitely detrimental to not only Canada's future but also detrimental to our chances when it comes to qualifying for the Gold Cup but actually doing well in said tournament next summer.

I think you used the wrong word.

det·ri·men·tal
ˌdetrəˈmen(t)l/
adjective
  1. tending to cause harm.
    "releasing the documents would be detrimental to national security"

Well sorry what I meant to say was that he is basically essential to Canada's chances next summer at the Gold Cup but also essential to Canada's future more or less the 2022 qualifying cycle when it comes to Canada 

13 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

If he keeps getting triple teamed and teams are fine to burn yellow cards early to pull him back, I think he’s getting to the point where the league has given alll it can to his development. 

Well because I am sure teams all around the league in the MLS know just what kind of a special talent he is but also they know how much of a threat he is whenever he plays

Just now, Tg11 said:

Well because I am sure teams all around the league in the MLS know just what kind of a special talent he is but also they know how much of a threat he is whenever he plays

Really?  I heard he’s triple teamed because he wears sex panther on the pitch and players just can’t resist.  

How much does Davies success helps sway Ballou ? Like seriously look at the attention he’s getting and what is Ballou getting ? Nothing, the more Davies shines the better our chances there has to be some jealousy and surely Ballou will start to see the potential of Canada, because there’s more talent coming...

Davies is going to a big league soon, his goal was pure magic, they just can’t stop him.

Asad is at 61%, Davies is at 20%. Yet another reminder why I stopped paying attention to MLS goal of the week. Asad's goal was a beautiful finish, but I don't think it was better than Davies' goal, certainly not that clear cut better.

27 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

How much does Davies success helps sway Ballou ? Like seriously look at the attention he’s getting and what is Ballou getting ? Nothing, the more Davies shines the better our chances there has to be some jealousy and surely Ballou will start to see the potential of Canada, because there’s more talent coming...

Davies is going to a big league soon, his goal was pure magic, they just can’t stop him.

Well Ballou is playing for Barcelona B isn't he? If he is then of course he is not getting any attention right now because well what has he done lately? I mean if Ballou were actually playing for Barcelona's first team actually putting in quality performances then people would be talking more about him than they would Davies and that is just a fact. Ballou choosing Canada would make sense but then again he has Ivorian roots too so he can't be expected to choose Canada right away especially if he wants to play for Ivory Coast right now and from what I have read lately their Federation has taken an interest in him.

However, back to Davies him leaving MLS and going to a big league well he is obviously gonna go overseas to Europe but it only begs the question of which European league he goes to or which European club signs him in the transfer window come January 2019 

38 minutes ago, Kent said:

Asad is at 61%, Davies is at 20%. Yet another reminder why I stopped paying attention to MLS goal of the week. Asad's goal was a beautiful finish, but I don't think it was better than Davies' goal, certainly not that clear cut better.

Atlanta fans repping their alumni...

He is basically the star of the team but if we by some miracle get to Qatar 2022 which would be a miracle considering the CONCACAF opposition in the Hex then I wonder if in Qatar they would have him playing as a False 9

Archived