David Choinière

Dub Narcotic

10 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Canucks Abroad consistently fail to provide updates on when Canadian players are playing.  They get the usual players you'd expect, but if one wants more comprehensive coverage and updates, like I do, Canada Match Day is a far better resource.  Plus, Canada Match Day tweets a link to a match stream for every match.  It is extremely convenient, especially for our lower league guys.

Some of those match stream links posted are illegal streams. 

Canucks Abroad has very in depth coverage of top players and lower league players all over the world. That is why i do not understand your comment about 'they get the usual suspects' and that they are not comprehensive.

Obviously we do not see eye to eye and that is ok.

Edited by Buchta

I appreciate anyone who covers Canadian soccer. There’s no need to downplay anyone’s good will work. Preference is preference.

However I do wish there was a lot less, and more collaboration for quality content. 

I’m still trying to understand how this website is named Canadiansoccernews.com but the last news article was posted February 7th. This is specifically a Canadian soccer forum - can’t even call it the Voyageurs anymore as there’s no connection that states so.

But back to Choinere, I hope he continues his form in the next game. He’s staking his claim for a U23 spot - maybe his brothers ha

Edited by Shway

9 hours ago, Shway said:

I’m still trying to understand how this website is named Canadiansoccernews.com but the last news article was posted February 7th. This is specifically a Canadian soccer forum - can’t even call it the Voyageurs anymore as there’s no connection that states so.

The funny things is that the old V site seems like a complete ghost town.   It is  all spam posts with no actual activity or content.   

On 10/26/2020 at 6:16 AM, dyslexic nam said:

The funny things is that the old V site seems like a complete ghost town.   It is  all spam posts with no actual activity or content.   

That's because all the users migrated over here. I assumed the old site was shut down, actually. Kind of funny it is still up as a zombie site! 

No matter if it is called canadiansoccernews.com or thevoyagerus.com (I can't even remember if that was the web address), wherever we gather to chat will always be the V site in my mind.

21 minutes ago, Obinna said:

That's because all the users migrated over here. I assumed the old site was shut down, actually. Kind of funny it is still up as a zombie site! 

No matter if it is called canadiansoccernews.com or thevoyagerus.com (I can't even remember if that was the web address), wherever we gather to chat will always be the V site in my mind.

Yea I get the bolded part....but how does interested parties find this forum? You can't search "Canadian Soccer Supporters" or even if you know about the supporters being called the Voyageurs, you search that and will end up at a "ghost" site or Canadasoccer.com. AFAIK it's pretty much impossible to navigate to this site if you weren't part of the old site somehow - so I'm unaware of how new people find this.

I was also making reference to the setup of this site called "canadiansoccernews.com" that barely sources Canadian soccer news. (I  guess people have to do it manually. Also if you type in .ca instead of .com by accident it will redirect you to aftn.ca  (away from the numbers) that is primarily a BC Soccer news page, but proclaims to cover all. It also was started in Scotland, and that site is just an extension/ Canadian version of the brand. That's a meh for me in terms of Canadian originality. 

The whole transition from the Voyageurs.com was weird. And it still hasn't been organized and maximized properly imo. I know there was talks, but it seems to have stopped abruptly. Jamie must be realigning his life, and the one man controls all the powers that be. As much as we talk about the CSA, we gotta continue to do our part using all the resources we have from the very same guys who spend lots of their hours on this site or locked into Canada soccer. Things like that foster growth and encourage involvement and we got 5 big years to do our part so that we can be part of culture shift that will happen. 

Another point I have is, who's actually considered a V, or how do you become a Voyageurs supporter? I know lots of guys have donated in the past, made banners, contribute their voices and time....but on this board you can't tell who's actually a supporter. Just because you chat here doesn't mean you actually support Canadian Soccer Program. I personally would like to know the guys whos have contributed substantial amount of money to support Canada soccer, as I think they should have that honour. The fact that I can't go on the Voyageurs site, and not find the member names of who donated to the history of the V's Cup is crazy.

Ahh I can keep going, but my right my rant is done for today. 

Sorry again David.

30 minutes ago, Shway said:

Yea I get the bolded part....but how does interested parties find this forum? You can't search "Canadian Soccer Supporters" or even if you know about the supporters being called the Voyageurs, you search that and will end up at a "ghost" site or Canadasoccer.com. AFAIK it's pretty much impossible to navigate to this site if you weren't part of the old site somehow - so I'm unaware of how new people find this.

I was also making reference to the setup of this site called "canadiansoccernews.com" that barely sources Canadian soccer news. (I  guess people have to do it manually. Also if you type in .ca instead of .com by accident it will redirect you to aftn.ca  (away from the numbers) that is primarily a BC Soccer news page, but proclaims to cover all. It also was started in Scotland, and that site is just an extension/ Canadian version of the brand. That's a meh for me in terms of Canadian originality. 

The whole transition from the Voyageurs.com was weird. And it still hasn't been organized and maximized properly imo. I know there was talks, but it seems to have stopped abruptly. Jamie must be realigning his life, and the one man controls all the powers that be. As much as we talk about the CSA, we gotta continue to do our part using all the resources we have from the very same guys who spend lots of their hours on this site or locked into Canada soccer. Things like that foster growth and encourage involvement and we got 5 big years to do our part so that we can be part of culture shift that will happen. 

Another point I have is, who's actually considered a V, or how do you become a Voyageurs supporter? I know lots of guys have donated in the past, made banners, contribute their voices and time....but on this board you can't tell who's actually a supporter. Just because you chat here doesn't mean you actually support Canadian Soccer Program. I personally would like to know the guys whos have contributed substantial amount of money to support Canada soccer, as I think they should have that honour. The fact that I can't go on the Voyageurs site, and not find the member names of who donated to the history of the V's Cup is crazy.

Ahh I can keep going, but my right my rant is done for today. 

Sorry again David.

Yeah man, I am with you with all of this stuff. I found the transition to be weird as well. This topic deserves it's own thread as to not clutter this one. I support your viewpoint for sure. It feels like the V name is not being given proper recognition. 

I don’t know if I count as a Voyageur or not. I hope the group is inclusive enough to include me, but I don’t know. I bought a scarf once, and bought a ticket in the Voyageurs section at the inaugural CPL game, but I’ve never made banners or donated money. I go to every national team game I can (but not in the V’s section) and bring out others to those games and I promote Canadian soccer via conversations whenever I get half a chance. I hope that’s enough to be able to call myself a V, but I really don’t know.

4 minutes ago, Kent said:

I don’t know if I count as a Voyageur or not. I hope the group is inclusive enough to include me, but I don’t know. I bought a scarf once, and bought a ticket in the Voyageurs section at the inaugural CPL game, but I’ve never made banners or donated money. I go to every national team game I can (but not in the V’s section) and bring out others to those games and I promote Canadian soccer via conversations whenever I get half a chance. I hope that’s enough to be able to call myself a V, but I really don’t know.

You're in!

Anybody who posts here in good faith and cheers for the Nats is a V in my view. You don't have to been to a match or sit in the supporters section to qualify - after all, it's not like we are the US who play a ton of home games and wisely spread their home games around, there are a lot of fans who don't have the opportunity to attend a live Canada match. Canada (the men at least) hasn't played in Atlantic Canada since what.... 1985? I bet half of you kids reading this weren't even born at that time. 

• 1 year later...

Yesterday someone made mention of his brother playing very well for Montreal. I considered mentioning that maybe he takes after his brother who always seems to come up with a goal when he plays in CONCACAF competition. He's done it again tonight! Unfortunately not a good end result, but at least Forge have their first CCL goal to take home with them.

https://onesoccer.ca/a/ranking-every-goal-scored-by-a-canadian-estadio-azteca-mexico-canmnt-toronto-fc-impact

The right man for the job? If it's a mission in Concacaf action, Forge FC's David Choiniere is quickly establishing himself as that very man, indeed.

Sure, it may be a consolation goal by virtue, but this effort vs. Cruz Azul is a historic one in significance, as Choiniere's sucker-punch became the first Canadian Premier League goal scored in the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League. Plus.. it was a really well-hit strike!