David Choinière

Dub Narcotic

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Honestly, that is one of the reason I posted here and posted in the CPL general thread.  It is easy to miss/forget games like this.   I wish we had some sort of mechanism that alerted folks to any ongoing (or imminent) game by a Canadian team.  

I agree. The fact that guys who come here habitually can miss these games sucks. A simple event calendar containing all Canadians clubs and teams is a great idea. Very manageable. 

Didn't Choiniere score in CONCACAF league last season as well?

For a while it was his younger brother who was more on-the-come-up with Montreal, but he hasn't added a single game to his 22-match total under Henry. Maybe he wants to consider an exit like David? Don't forget that David is eligible for the Olympic team since he is a 97'.  

Edited by Obinna

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

For a while it was his younger brother who was more on-the-come-up with Montreal, but he hasn't added a single game to his 22-match total under Henry. Maybe he wants to consider an exit like David? Don't forget that David is eligible for the Olympic team since he is a 97'.  

Yes he did.

Basically scored the deciding goal that put them through the preliminary round.

Edit: he also score in Forge's 4-1 loss to Olimpia in the next round. So he now has 3 goals in CONCACAF league. 

Edited by narduch

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He scored twice actually - so this was his 3rd goal in the competition. It was one of the main reasons he joined Forge so always nice to see someone succeed in what they set out to do.

Wasn't Matthew long term injured, or still injured? He hasn't had the chance for minutes I think?

Last night was a great performance. Really this was the impact we thought David would make more consistently. He should he a starter and star in CPL but is a periphery player at Forge thus far. He has all the talent but needs the consistency to become the player he can be imo.

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

Count me as one of those who doesn't use Twitter as well. I couldn't be bothered. 

I setup an account several years ago.   But i just stopped using it after about a week or two.   I understood the basic concept and how it works.  But i just couldn’t figure out how to make the best use of it;  i mean in way thats fun and interesting.   

It has been tempting to go back. Because, i too hate missing out on new information etc.

Edited by Free kick

I highly recommend Twitter for keeping up to date on Canadian soccer news.  Follow @Canucks_Abroad, @Division1A and @CanPLBrasil and you'll get inundated with news, quality highlights and analysis of Canadian players.  The MLS teams, CanPL teams and @SigmaFC are good follows too imo.  As is @onesoccer.

Just because you're on twitter that doesn't mean that you need to post what you ate for lunch or get mired in the political discussion hellscape that also exists there.

8 hours ago, Obinna said:

Eligible but wasn't even named to the 50 man provisional squad. It's crazy because at this point, he should be on the team over his brother just based on his performances and game time. In addition to him, theres so many other guys that have emerged that weren't initially listed who have/are playing more games than the guys initially listed.

Choiniere
Farsi
Baldisimo
Jonhston
Kennedy
Amuz
Halbouni
N'Sa
Corbeanu
Akinola*
Gutierrez*

Thats 9 out of potential 11 guys who arguably could be shoe ins on this team, and weren't initially listed 11 months ago.
This is the reason why I hope there's a November camp specifically for the European guys, and a big 30 man camp in January for the U23s. 

If you want to keep up on headline news in one spot, twitter is considered the site/app for it. 

But you can use also apps like https://www.fotmob.com/. In the app, you can set favourites for leagues, clubs, nations and/or players and get notifications.

I have favourited about 40 players in the men's pool to notify me when in starting lineup/goal scored/match rating. But there are many more metrics to choose from.

For this Forge match, you would have gotten a notification if you had favourited Forge (I have favourited all CPL clubs), any of their players or Concacaf League.

On 10/23/2020 at 10:30 AM, narduch said:

Follow Canucks Abroad on Twitter. Every day they post a schedule like this 

Canucks Abroad has massive holes in their coverage. Their daily updates are spotty at best.

The best Canadian Soccer tracking account I've come across is:

https://twitter.com/CanadaMatchDay

Give them a follow.  They're doing great work.

7 minutes ago, Buchta said:

Massive holes? Care to elaborate...

Canucks Abroad consistently fail to provide updates on when Canadian players are playing.  They get the usual players you'd expect, but if one wants more comprehensive coverage and updates, like I do, Canada Match Day is a far better resource.  Plus, Canada Match Day tweets a link to a match stream for every match.  It is extremely convenient, especially for our lower league guys.