David Choinière

Dub Narcotic

14 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Not JdG but another Fury employee expressing thanks that DC isn't going to Ottawa?!

Ha.  What a fucking joke. 

At some point (and I think that point was crossed a while ago), doubling down on their "with us or against us" strategy seems pretty goddamn dumb.  If nothing else, this sort of sophomoric bullshit only reinforces the idea of choosing a CPL team over the Fury.  But, you know, keep throwing stones.  Lol.

This is hilarious. You only want players who want to be a part of your club?

Soooooo you don't want Messi?

Or more realistically, a guy who's unsure about whether to sign with your club or another, you don't want him? I can just picture JdG sitting with a player and agent to negotiate, contract in hand, when the agent says "Actually we've an offer from another club and we're interested." JdG stands up, grabs the contract, rips it in half and yells "GET OUT! WE ONLY WANT PLAYERS THAT WANT TO BE A PART OF OUR CLUB!"

What a joke??  He has smart things to say about Choinere but has a poll on his twitter all excited about which TFC player is coming to town.  Try a little professionalism if you are the head of communications for OSEG.  You dont have to respond to every twitter comment like a teenager.      

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Is that guy staff at Fury?   

1 minute ago, BrennanFan said:

Former.  Now a "journalist".

He does colour commentary for their YouTube broadcasts now, which he is terrible at because he doesn't actually know very much about soccer. And, much like their play-by-play commentator AJ Jakubec, he prefers to talk about US college sports and hockey on broadcast rather than the game he's supposed to be commentating. He's just a clueless management type who pretends to be relevant.

If he works for TSN then why is he acting like a homer for Ottawa??  Cripes I hope the guys doing the CPL broadcasts can stay out of petty twitter wars. 

Ottawa are going to get players from TFC and Impact, they shouldnt be shitting on the ones that choose to go elsewhere.  Ottawa isnt the only game in town anymore.  

10 hours ago, Zem said:

He does colour commentary for their YouTube broadcasts now, which he is terrible at because he doesn't actually know very much about soccer.

True that. The only thing to add is that he's not the only one (although that doesn't make it better).

• 1 year later...
22 minutes ago, Shway said:

you missed a good game. Especially since Forge hasn't played in a month? 

I missed 2/3 of a good game as I caught the last 30 minutes, but it's a testament to the piss-poor media coverage for this game that I had no idea these matches were even being played (I thought I had read all Concacaf matches were on hold until at least December). If the hard core fans have trouble hearing about the games, it's a sign that we still have a long way to go with the media for the CPL teams.

1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

I missed 2/3 of a good game as I caught the last 30 minutes, but it's a testament to the piss-poor media coverage for this game that I had no idea these matches were even being played (I thought I had read all Concacaf matches were on hold until at least December). If the hard core fans have trouble hearing about the games, it's a sign that we still have a long way to go with the media for the CPL teams.

Do you mean advertising? Because OneSoccer, Canada Soccer, CONCACAF and various other places were advertising the game on TSN3 I found about it last week when it came on my feed and was reminded numerous times today about the date and time...

4 minutes ago, Daryn27 said:

Do you mean advertising? Because OneSoccer, Canada Soccer, CONCACAF and various other places were advertising the game on TSN3 I found about it last week when it came on my feed and was reminded numerous times today about the date and time...

I'm talking about mainstream media coverage (none of the above examples count as such in my view). For example, even though TSN broadcast the game, I saw no mention of this fact on their own website or their Sportscentre telecasts and as of 90 minutes after the game has ended, I can't find a match report on their website.

Edit: Just found one, but only because I went digging for it in the soccer section, it's not on their main page..

In any event, to keep this on topic for Choiniere:

https://www.tsn.ca/forge-fc-scores-late-to-win-concacaf-league-preliminary-round-game-in-el-salvador-1.1542547

Edited by Gian-Luca

8 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I'm talking about mainstream media coverage (none of the above examples count as such in my view). For example, even though TSN broadcast the game, I saw no mention of this fact on their own website or their Sportscentre telecasts and as of 90 minutes after the game has ended, I can't find a match report on their website.

Edit: Just found one, but only because I went digging for it in the soccer section, it's not on their main page..

In any event, to keep this on topic for Choiniere:

https://www.tsn.ca/forge-fc-scores-late-to-win-concacaf-league-preliminary-round-game-in-el-salvador-1.1542547

Set an alarm for November 3 at 6pm :)

12 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Didn't even know this game was on until I saw this thread

Honestly, that is one of the reason I posted here and posted in the CPL general thread.  It is easy to miss/forget games like this.   I wish we had some sort of mechanism that alerted folks to any ongoing (or imminent) game by a Canadian team.