TFC Tickets

hottoddy7

Hi guys. Going to be in Toronto in October and I had a few questions about seeing a game.  We have decided on the October  23rd game against Chicago and I was wondering 1. Where is the best place to sit? My girlfriend will be there but no kids.  2. How much are tickets  and where is the best place to buy them.  It isn't possible to buy them on the tfc site yet but my girlfriend said she saw them on another site already.  Also any ideas on good hotels in Toronto?  Doesn't have to be super swanky not looking for a dive either though.  Thanks.

There shouldnt be a problem getting tickets through sites like this.  There is always tickets exchanges going on amongst the season seat holders.   And, with the expanded capacity to 30k, i noticed last year that there were some seats available in the new sections.   As far as the best place to watch, thats tough to answre because it depends what you are looking for.   If you want the best viewing experience, then the new section i mentioned above is best.   If you want to be amongst the more knowledgeable and lively crowd, then you want to be in the Supporters section.  The tickets in the supporters section will be cheaper.  I cant tell you for a game that far away in october, if i will be going to the or not.   But send me an email as that date approaches and if i am not going to that one, i can sell you mine.  Or i can at least ask around. 

Cant really help with hotels becasue i have never had to choose hotels locally.   But the general rule applies, the closer to diwntown, the more expensive.  

On January 14, 2016 at 3:22 PM, hottoddy7 said:

Hi guys. Going to be in Toronto in October and I had a few questions about seeing a game.  We have decided on the October  23rd game against Chicago and I was wondering 1. Where is the best place to sit? My girlfriend will be there but no kids.  2. How much are tickets  and where is the best place to buy them.  It isn't possible to buy them on the tfc site yet but my girlfriend said she saw them on another site already.  Also any ideas on good hotels in Toronto?  Doesn't have to be super swanky not looking for a dive either though.  Thanks.

For me, hotels in Toronto depend very much on how willing you are to spend time driving around (or alternatively, how much you are willing to spend to avoid the hassle). Personally I have no issue with roaming around on TTC so often get hotel by the airport. They can be cheap (less than $100). The Quality Inn by the airport is pretty good the couple of times I've been there.

However, downtown has dozens of nice hotels. There are a million things to do downtown as well. They are more pricey though.

No idea on hotels close to BMO so I'm afraid I can't comment there.

Seems the condo market in Toronto isn't doing so well as you can now rent fully furnished, beautiful, central 1 bedroom condos in one of about two dozen developments right downtown in the $150-200 per night range. For traditional hotels that are decent and don't cost an arm and leg check the Strathacona, the Bond Place or the Holiday Inn Express on Carleton, they'll be in the same range.

On another note, does anyone know when single tickets for this season go on sale? I've searched all over and even tweeted at TFC but haven't got any info yet.

• 6 months later...
57 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

I'll be back in Canada at the end of August and wanted to go to the TFC  v Montreal match.  Looking for three tickets, hopefully nothing too expensive.  I had look at ticketmaster but the cheapest tickets were almost $100.

try RPB forum

Archived