Copa América Centenario - June 3rd to 26th 2016

Olympique_de_Marseille

3 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Isn't the noise coming out of South America that they are mostly bringing B squads?

I have not gone through it systematically. I think the only big missing player is Neymar, as he had to choose between Copa and the Olympics. A few other Brazilians the same. 

Mexico is missing Carlos Vela and the Dos Santos boys. But they have been left off recently anyways. They are strong.

Argentina is full strength, so are Chile with Arturo Vidal and Bravo,  Colombia has James and Bacca.

Suarez was injured in the Cup final Sunday and could be iffy for the first matches, a muscle pull, he may be ready if they get out of their group.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No they are not sending their b teams. Also. Why the fudge is this tournament not on Tv??? It is a major tournament we should not be limited to watching it on freaking univision.

5 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Isn't the noise coming out of South America that they are mostly bringing B squads?

I've been following Haiti. They are bringing their A team (they don't have much depth anyways).

On 1/25/2016 at 10:14 AM, theaub said:

Tickets are super expensive, they're definitely banking on a lot of sales for the potential Ecuador/Haiti games...

Ya, I was going to go down to that game. They priced me out. I'll watch it on TV instead I guess.

3 minutes ago, beachesl said:

Because more football fans in Canada will be interested in the Euros at the same time,  unless they are latinos, even the Euros on time delay.

It doesn't mean they can't show both. They are on 2 different time slots.

10 hours ago, canta15 said:

No they are not sending their b teams. Also. Why the fudge is this tournament not on Tv??? It is a major tournament we should not be limited to watching it on freaking univision.

Likely because the organisers expect more money for the TV contract than the networks think it is worth. Likely both holding out.

It's going to be on Rogers in English, but holy crap is it going to cost you.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message-id/38621

GROUP MATCHES

All 24 Group Matches are available to Super Sports Pak customers.

WHERE

GAME

CHANNEL

PRICE

EVENT DATE

Super Sports Pak

All 24 group matches

Digital 461 and 462

$36.95/mo

*requires minimum 4 month subscription

PLAYOFFS: QUARTERFINALS, SEMI FINALS and FINALS

Every playoff game will be available on Sportsnet PPV for purchase individually.  These games are not includedin Super Sports Pak.

WHERE

GAME

CHANNEL

PRICE

EVENT DATE

Sportsnet PPV

Quarterfinals

Digital 348(HD) & 350(SD)

$9.99/game

June 16th to 18th

Semi Finals & 3rdPlace Game

$14.99/game

June 21 to 25th

Finals

$19.99/game

June 26th

Bell is now advertising PPV as well for the price of $9.99 per game.  No event or package pricing is available.  I thought we may get a break on pricing since Bell has a major stake in CTV who has the rights.

So glad I have access to my buddy's slingbox based in USA.  He gets FS1 and 2 so will be watching all the games in my ipad or laptop connected to tv.  Don't understand why there isn't more of a push to get this on regular TV.

6 minutes ago, grande said:

Man, a couple years back, I was able to buy streaming for the entire Euros for $10. Now Bell wants $10/game for the Copa? Crazy.

IIRC, Copa America 2011 was streamed for free by The Score (they were still an independent cable channel at that time).

It looks like two matches per weekend will be shown on Fox -- I mean the regular Fox available in Canada, not Fox Sports. Whether they will be blacked-out here is another matter, but these are currently listed on the Rogers guide:

Saturday, June 4 - 5:00 PM EDT - Costa Rica vs. Paraguay

Sunday, June 5 - 5:00 PM EDT - Jamaica vs. Venezuela

A one-hour pre-match show is also listed on both days.

I thought the email that TLN/Univision sent me said that the broadcasts would be in HD (even though the channel normally is not). But I was wrong. It is in SD and looks no better than an Internet stream. Might as well watch it that way in English. :-|

So is anyone here going to any games?  I've got tickets in Seattle for the Argentina vs Bolivia match.  Depending on the game, there's some great deals for tickets on Stub Hub.  Haiti vs Peru in Seattle is $8, so I'm assuming it's people who bought the full package but don't want to go to that game.

16 hours ago, DJT said:

I thought the email that TLN/Univision sent me said that the broadcasts would be in HD (even though the channel normally is not). But I was wrong. It is in SD and looks no better than an Internet stream. Might as well watch it that way in English. :-|

I thought the the SD broadcast on Univision last night was pretty good. Not HD, but not too far off.

Archived