NCAA Canadians 2016

Dub Narcotic

1 hour ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

It does. I think I first saw him play for TFC about 6 years ago. Glad to see him doing well. I wonder if TFC will try to sign him as a home grown like they did with Chapman. 

I assume they will. Even if he is projected to be 2nd or 3rd round it is still a free draft pick that they can develop with TFC2.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Camargo was very good at Coastal Carolina, but they coach there played a very NCAA system, with tons of substitutions often replacing an entire lineup each game. Also, the new crop of players around Sergio was decreasing in talent.

Camargo plays in the summer with KW United FC, which had a number of Syracuse players on the team the last two seasons. I think he saw that he could play at a great university with players he spent most of the summer with. I know Ives Galarcep was very big on Camargo. He will probably hit the draft. 

In a 3-2 win, Comsia played 90 minutes. He then played 90 minutes in a 1-0 win.

In a 3-0 win, Sandbekkhaug started as a sub, played 35 minutes and scored one goal. That's 3 goals in 118 minutes of play this season.

In a 2-0 win, Nanco started, played 77 minutes and scored one goal and Miller played 90 minutes.

In a 2-0 win, Awuah started and had one assist and Saleh started. In a 1-0 loss, Awuah started and played 90 minutes, Saleh was subbed in and played 34 minutes and Lee was subbed in and played 8 minutes.

In a 6-1 loss, Zajac was subbed in and played 37 minutes and Laryea was subbed in and played 36 minutes. In a 2-0 win, Zajac started and played 61 minutes and Laryea was subbed in and played 12 minutes.

In a 2-1 win, Marcantognini was subbed in. In a 4-0 win, he was subbed in and scored one goal.

In a 2-1(OT) win, Bringolf started and played 90 minutes, Harris started and played 71 minutes and Sigue was subbed in, played 7 minutes and scored one goal. In a 3-1 loss, Bringolf started and played 79 minutes, Harris started and played 40 minutes and Sigue was subbed in and played 68 minutes.

In a 1-0 loss, Black played 8 minutes.

2 sophomores that are doing well at highly ranked teams: Alex Comsia, Kamal Miller. Sandbekkhaug is doing well as a junior with 3 goals and Nanco is doing well as a senior with 4 goals. 

For those who follow our NCAA prospects more closely, does anyone stand a chance at getting drafted in the MLS draft this year?

Given that Callum Irving signed an MLS contract, was a projected first round pick, and didn't get drafted last year, I imagine the passport doesn't help the situation.

Would Camargo be a decent pick up for someone like TFC, who could maybe claim him as a HGP?

Who knows? This is a more interesting draft than usual given there are two legitimately very good striking forward prospects with no one to make HGP claims on them: Abu Danladi and Jeremy Ebobisse. I don't see Camargo being any better than Ben McKendry or Chris Mannella, whom really aren't good enough to start in MLS, and TFC have some interesting younger central midfielders at TFC2 already.

Nanco has 4 in 5 and if he continues like this he'll have a good chance. Awuah is a starter for uconn so maybe as well. Camargo has barely played this year and is 22 so mls is unlikely for him and if tfc 2 doesn't give him a contract he'll be fighting for a spot in another lower league team.

In a 2-0 Akron win over UCSB, Restrepo started and played 38 minutes, Zajac started and played 59 minutes and Laryea was subbed in and played 7 minutes.

In a 2-1 win, Zajac started and played 66 minutes.

In a 2-1(OT) loss, Restrepo was subbed in and played 29 minutes. Restrepo has 3 starts after the first 7 games at number 13 UC Santa Barbara.

In a 5-0 loss, Sandbekkhaug played 46 minutes.

In a 1-0(OT) loss, Comsia started and played 47 minutes. In a 1-0 win, he started and played 90 minutes.

In a 2-1 win, Wright started and played 81 minutes.

In a 1-0 win, Miller and Nanco started and played 90 minutes and Camargo was subbed in and played 40 minutes. In a 2-0 win, Miller started and played 90 minutes, Nanco started, played 90 minutes and had one assist and Camargo was subbed in and played 44 minutes.

In a 1-0 loss(2OT), Awuah started and Saleh was subbed in.

In a 4-0 win, Marcantognini was subbed in and scored one goal. In a 1-0 win, he was subbed in.

In a 4-2 win, Bringolf started and played 90 minutes, Harris started and played 68 minutes and Sigue was subbed in, played 14 minutes and scored one goal.

In a 2-0 loss, Black played 90 minutes.

On 2016-09-12 at 10:45 PM, shermanator said:

For those who follow our NCAA prospects more closely, does anyone stand a chance at getting drafted in the MLS draft this year?

Given that Callum Irving signed an MLS contract, was a projected first round pick, and didn't get drafted last year, I imagine the passport doesn't help the situation.

Would Camargo be a decent pick up for someone like TFC, who could maybe claim him as a HGP?

If Awuah follows up his season last year and L1O - IMO he'll be the top Canadian pick. He can play RB, RM and can score. I think he will be useful player. Nanco as well could get picked but depends on the team since he's small.

Both of them are Sigma so I would bet 100% if they don't get drafted they'll trial for a team or end up on a USL affiliate like Anthony-Gonzalez did.

I'm not certain on Camargo TBH - you would expect him to be making more of a statement as his NCAA career has progressed and it hasn't really happened. However, he is connected to Syracuse now and that means KW United and Barry MacLean so he'll probably still get a chance ie TFC.

Wright is interesting but the best we can hope for IMO is a combine call up or Vermont making some noise in the tourney as MLS/scouts likely won't rate a Canadian playing for Vermont. His division is not bad and I would circle the fixture against UMBC as a litmus test as that is a pretty good program and produced a couple draft picks.

• 2 weeks later...

In a 2-1 win, Zajac started and played 66 minutes. In a 4-3 loss, Zajac started and played 15 minutes.

In a 4-3 loss, Restrepo started and played 55 minutes. In a 3-2(OT) loss, Restrepo was subbed in and played 12 minutes. In a 2-2(2OT) draw, Restrepo was subbed in and played 31 minutes.

In a 2-0 win, Sandbekkhaug was subbed in, played 45 minutes and scored one goal. In a 1-1(2OT) draw, Sandbekkhaug started and played 84 minutes.

In a 4-1 win, Comsia started. In a 5-0 win, Comsia played 90 minutes. In a 0-0(2OT) draw between UNC and Syracuse, Comsia, Nanco and Miller played 110 minutes and Camargo started and played 93 minutes.

In a 3-1 win, Miller played 90 minutes, Nanco started and played 71 minutes and Camargo started and played 51 minutes. In a 2-1 loss, Miller and Nanco played 90 minutes and Camargo was subbed in and played 60 minutes.

In a 3-2 win, Wright started, played 77 minutes and scored one goal. In a 1-1(2OT) draw, Wright started and played 105 minutes. In a 2-1(2OT) loss, Wright started and played 100 minutes.

In a 5-1 win, Awuah started and had two assists and Lee and Saleh were subbed in. In a 2-1 win, Awuah started and Saleh was subbed in. In a 1-0 win, Awuah started and had one assist and Saleh was subbed in. In a 1-0 win, Awuah started and Lee and Saleh were subbed in.

In a 2-0 loss, Marcantognini was subbed in and played 5 minutes. In a 1-0 win, Marcantognini was subbed in and played 8 minutes.

In a 3-2(OT) loss, Bringolf started and played 75 minutes, Harris started, played 56 minutes and scored one goal and Sigue started and played 44 minutes. In a 2-1(2OT) win, Bringolf started and played 93 minutes, Harris started and played 87 minutes and Sigue started and played 82 minutes. In a 1-0 loss, Bringolf started and played 68 minutes, Harris started and played 62 minutes and Sigue was subbed in and played 46 minutes.

In a 2-1 win, Black played 90 minutes. In a 1-1(2OT) draw, Black played 110 minutes. In a 2-1(2OT) loss, Black started and played 79 minutes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2016 at 5:20 PM, masster said:

NCAA schedule starts this weekend and preseason lists of the best players are out.

Soccer by Ives has Sergio Camargo at #10 on his list of draft prospects (college seniors with a few GA potentials).
http://sbisoccer.com/2016/08/sbis-top-30-mls-draft-prospects-and-top-20-homegrown-player-prospects

Top Drawer Soccer has Sergio Camargo at #36, Brian Wright at #39, and Kwame Awuah at #47 on its list of the top sophmores, juniors and seniors in college soccer. I think those are the only Canadians.
http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college/upperclassmentop100/?genderId=m&periodId=37&seasonId=2016&nopage=1

In Top Drawer Soccer's midseason update of the top college sophomore, junior and senior players:

Brian Wright (senior) has moved up to number 15 from number 38 in their preseason poll. Anybody know anything about him?

Alex Comsia (sophomore) comes in at number 59. He was not on the preseason list. Played for our U17 team at the World Cup in 2013. Former Whitecaps residency player. Left the program to go to France before returning for NCAA.

Kwame Awuah (senior) dropped to number 66 from his preseason rank of 47. 

Chris Nanco (senior) is number 74. Played for our U17 team at the World Cup in 2011. Product of Sigma if I am not mistaken.

Jason Beaulieu (junior) is number 96. Goalkeeper. His profile says he was part of the Impact academy. 

Sergio Camargo is no longer ranked in the top 100.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college/upperclassmentop100/?genderId=m&periodId=40&seasonId=2016&nopage=0

6 minutes ago, masster said:

The following Canadians made Top Drawer Soccer's list of top 100 Freshmen:

44 - Marcel Zajac
74 - Vana Markarian
75 - David Norman Jr.
89 - Daniel Sagno
91 - Mateo Restrepo
95 - Munir Saleh

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college/freshmentop100/?genderId=m&periodId=40&seasonId=2016&nopage=3

Also there's Matthew Constant at #12

Archived